Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1: 49ers @ Lions Thread

Interesting 49ers got more pressure than people realized though Sewell and Ragnow did well. That plus WRs not open lead to Goff check downs.

Goff being Goff lead to Goff check downs. It's why he was traded here. What's the excuse for when he's in 7 on 7 drills in training camp and he's still checking it down to everyones observation from the beat writers? It's who he is.

Basically?.we proved we are EXACTLY what most of us thought we were (insert Dennis Green clip).

We ran the ball better than I thought we could, though. Which is a good sign. WR suck. Goff is average. DL got zero pressure. LB?s are invisible. Hock is great.

Sounds about right.

I don't think the Lions score those 16 points and threaten to tie the game at the end if they are as bad as all feared. Granted the Niners were probably playing Prevent, but they still made some plays. Maybe they can build confidence from that.

I don't think the Lions score those 16 points and threaten to tie the game at the end if they are as bad as all feared. Granted the Niners were probably playing Prevent, but they still made some plays. Maybe they can build confidence from that.

49ers were up by 24 mid way through the 4th. IMO, that was the 49ers pretty much coasting to the finish. The Lions scored on the drive to make it 41-25 and the Lions got a lucky bounce and got the ball on the on side kick. Nice drive to make it 41-33 and got lucky again when 49ers fumbled and lost #3 for the game.

Now, they may be able to build a little false confidence because they came back down 24 to lose by 8...but they still stink

Back