Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1: Eagles @ Lions Thread

We should get the Cowboys a week or 2 before Dak comes back too.

That game looks alot more winnable than I thought. at Patriots Week 5 too

But that said, Lions have to freaking execute for most of the game
Washington Week 2, Seattle Week 4 better win

at Minnesota Week 3, at NE Week 5, at Dallas Week 7 after bye have a great chance

That game looks alot more winnable than I thought. at Patriots Week 5 too

But that said, Lions have to freaking execute for most of the game
Washington Week 2, Seattle Week 4 better win

at Minnesota Week 3, at NE Week 5, at Dallas Week 7 after bye have a great chance

That?s why I want to see how the next few weeks go.

The Philly game told me almost nothing. Lost a game everyone thought they would lose. There weren?t really any glaring what-if scenarios that could?ve won the game, I think the gap in talent was obvious and probably a bit too much to overcome. Injuries weren?t much of a factor IMO, I don?t think Vaitai over Stenberg wins the game, the rest of the Lions on IR are unknowns, plus Philly lost some key D guys halfway through the game.

I don?t feel any better or worse about this team after this game. I?m just glad they didn?t lose anyone else this week.

After a day I?m still pissed. This was a Same Old Lion loss.
With just a competent head coach we win yesterday.

This team is trash. We have the Big Entertainer as a head coach, QB room might be the worst in the NFL, defense room matches what we have at QB.

Buckle up, we?ll be picking top 3 next year.

Tired of the lions failing year after year. They better blow Washington out.

Okudah, Board, Mike Hughes, Elliot, Walker ,Buggs graded well compared to entire league

Mcneil average
Hutch and cominsky below average

Charles Harris, Austin Bryant, Anzalone, Brockers, Benito Jones and AO poor grades in week 1

Seattle?s defense holds Denver to 16 points. They created some turnovers.

All teams give up yards but the best ones play well when the other team is in the red zone. Need some luck but big stops and creating turnovers is how you win. Wish we had that.

And what's up with that wasted 30 seconds on the clock 4th down, and then using a time out before opting for a 64 yard FG.

Philly had one of the most vanilla offenses ive ever seen....and we got torched. Run, run, drop back and escape the pocket, run run drop back and escape the pocket, run, run 7 yard post, run, run.

0 contain, 0 shadow on hurts the entire game, we didnt try a dang thing to stop them. Just let them do it over and over and over the entire game until the final whistle and we lost. Thats a true mark of terrible coordinators and terrible head coach.

Someone said it in the game thread...we should have 0 worries about losing Aaron Glenn. No on should want him. It might actually help us if he left.

The only good thing is they talk a good game. Talk is useless.. Where's the biting of the knee caps.

Philly had one of the most vanilla offenses ive ever seen....and we got torched. Run, run, drop back and escape the pocket, run run drop back and escape the pocket, run, run 7 yard post, run, run.

0 contain, 0 shadow on hurts the entire game, we didnt try a dang thing to stop them. Just let them do it over and over and over the entire game until the final whistle and we lost. Thats a true mark of terrible coordinators and terrible head coach.

Someone said it in the game thread...we should have 0 worries about losing Aaron Glenn. No on should want him. It might actually help us if he left.

I was pretty shocked they didn't spy more too but Hurt is also really good scrambling when things break down. Scrambles were from Lions good coverage alot. Also AJ Brown is really good and I suspect he will have many big games this year. His biggest play was against Will Harris though.

Lions defense also did adjust getting stops late. Would have had

Campbell time management end of first half was atrocious though. That FG Eagles got to end 2nd Qtr was a difference maker along with the failed onside kick, the Reynolds drop and the pressure/Hock bad route/Goff bad throw for the pick 6.

Let's see how they do against regular pocket passers in Wentz and Cousins coming up.

It?s not like the Lions have any stud DBs that could?ve matched up with AJB. AJB is an elite talent, I doubt you?re getting a different outcome from any of the bums in this dumpster fire of a secondary.

It?s not like the Lions have any stud DBs that could?ve matched up with AJB. AJB is an elite talent, I doubt you?re getting a different outcome from any of the bums in this dumpster fire of a secondary.

Agree on Brown. Elite

Okudah and Hughes had good grades. AO had a rough one. He is not a number 1 CB. Harris still sucks. Both Walker (pre dumb ejection) and Elliot had good grades too. Lions don't travel CBs. There were signs of life from this secondary but they still need a number 1 CB unless Okudah really really takes a step forward quickly and to keep Harris off of it.

Pass rush didn't finish. Hutch and Harris need to do alot more too. Probably will be able to against slower QBs but we will see on Sunday. Eagles have a really good Oline too.

We'll see how they respond

Denver fumbled on the 1 yard line two drives in a row. That's crazy. Trying that long FG instead of letting Russ move the chains too was interesting

Back