Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1: Eagles @ Lions Thread

some Lion nerd has way too much time on his hands:lmao:

That's the local media doing it's job right

Would you rather blindly blame certain coaches or players without knowing the plays at all and what went wrong? Those are the worst kind of fans.

That's the local media doing it's job right

Would you rather blindly blame certain coaches or players without knowing the plays at all and what went wrong? Those are the worst kind of fans.

Detroit Media...it's a fan blog

Detroit Media...it's a fan blog

The writers have media access for press conferences/training camp/practices and their job is to cover the team

They do better than any national media and alot of the other local Detroit media

But you are deflecting. Notice it was little things here and there for those 3 and outs and pick 6. Correctable things for sure. And still scored 35 (3rd most in entire league Week 1) against a good defense

Last edited:
The writers have media access for press conferences/training camp/practices and their job is to cover the team

They do better than any national media and alot of the other local Detroit media

But you are deflecting. Notice it was little things here and there for those 3 and outs and pick 6. Correctable things for sure. And still scored 35 (3rd most in entire league Week 1) against a good defense

I highly doubt it. They are diehard Lions fans that look at things through their Honolulu blue lenses. I figure you would love that kind of excuse making breakdown. This just in...every play that doesn't work is usually due to a single breakdown...offensively and defensively.

I highly doubt it. They are diehard Lions fans that look at things through their Honolulu blue lenses. I figure you would love that kind of excuse making breakdown. This just in...every play that doesn't work is usually due to a single breakdown...offensively and defensively.

It's interesting to see why it happened.

Play call, max protect and the Eagles change it up and don't blitz
Swift bouncing outside not inside causing a hold. Which causes a bigger pass play and a pick 6
Great play by the safety on a great play call but a CB blitz on that side bringing the safety down faster instead of Sewell blocking that safety

The writers were pretty hard on the players if you actually read the article. But you can just blindly call out 1 or 2 people or the team in general without knowing the details.

But you're not a Lions fan and you post here. Who is the nerd with time on their hands?

It's interesting to see why it happened.

Play call, max protect and the Eagles change it up and don't blitz
Swift bouncing outside not inside causing a hold. Which causes a bigger pass play and a pick 6
Great play by the safety on a great play call but a CB blitz on that side bringing the safety down faster instead of Sewell blocking that safety

The writers were pretty hard on the players if you actually read the article. But you can just blindly call out 1 or 2 people or the team in general without knowing the details.

But you're not a Lions fan and you post here. Who is the nerd with time on their hands?

I follow the Lions because they are the local team but not a fan because I don't care if they win or lose.

I follow the Lions because they are the local team but not a fan because I don't care if they win or lose.

LOL that is the biggest waste of time ever. For someone not caring, you are overly critical of them. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be critical. You seem to get joy from criticizing every little aspect about them.

Do you have a team you root for?

LOL that is the biggest waste of time ever. For someone not caring, you are overly critical of them. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be critical. You seem to get joy from criticizing every little aspect about them.

Do you have a team you root for?

No. I gamble, play DFS, and in a few money fantasy football leagues.

I do get some joy out of watching the dumpster fire that is the Lions because I have a good buddy who is a huge Lions fan and I love giving him shit.

This site is entertainment for me. I usually just post while working. A little entertainment during the work day.

I think it's okay not to be a die hard lions fan these days. They gave us nothing in 65 years. New regime hasn't been any different than the last one and the many others before. Why do we have to be rah rah. Maybe a new QB will help but Goff doesn't excite me. Though Matty didn't either those last seasons.

I think it's okay not to be a die hard lions fan these days. They gave us nothing in 65 years. New regime hasn't been any different than the last one and the many others before. Why do we have to be rah rah. Maybe a new QB will help but Goff doesn't excite me. Though Matty didn't either those last seasons.

But he is not a fan at all of any team. Or at least he won't admit it so we can't bash his team and he can only bash ours. That is different than die-hard versus normal fan.

If you are constantly critical of the Lions and not even a fan (dalton), you are basically just being a dick coming here to randomly criticize them and piling on. Especially if he offers zero positives about the team ever to have a fair and balance view. It leads me to believe he is a Packer, Bear or Vikings fan trolling basically.

But he is not a fan at all of any team. Or at least he won't admit it so we can't bash his team and he can only bash ours. That is different than die-hard versus normal fan.

If you are constantly critical of the Lions and not even a fan (dalton), you are basically just being a dick coming here to randomly criticize them and piling on. Especially if he offers zero positives about the team ever to have a fair and balance view. It leads me to believe he is a Packer, Bear or Vikings fan trolling basically.

If there's any place that being a dick is okay it's here. We're 1 for 65.

I think most of the posters here know I'm a Detroit Tigers fan. That's the only professional team I like. I guess I like the Pistons too, but not much. I couldn't care any less about the Red Wings, but I don't like hockey.

As far as the Lions go, has there been anything at all to be positive about since the board has been around?

This place is overly critical most of the time, which I actually enjoy because it?s unlike most other fan boards. It?s funny that that LKP ends up being the main contrarian around here.

This place is overly critical most of the time, which I actually enjoy because it?s unlike most other fan boards. It?s funny that that LKP ends up being the main contrarian around here.

There is critical. There is fan critical. And then there is somr rando like dalton who barely watches the lions making negative comments. And people who dont want to understand why the lions lose. Just here to laugh at the lions. Will call him out everytime

If you are 100 percent negative and 0 percent positive you are just being a dick not being critical as a fan and wantin them to win

I dont care if you are critical. But you have to actually understand what is actually happening on the field to be critical all the time

People out here assuming 90 percent of the lions play terrible most of the time. Not understanding why play calls are made. And not understanding the execution breakdowns

Last edited:
People out here assuming 90 percent of the lions play terrible most of the time. Not understanding why play calls are made. And not understanding the execution breakdowns

TDNM (This Does Not Matter). Its about wins and losses.

Now that is funny

picture.php

Back