Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1: Giants @ Lions *Monday Night Football* Thread

Quitting fantasy football was the best life decision I ever made. It's great being able to kick back and enjoy these games without stressing over yards and TDs. It's also damn impossible to root for a guy that plays against the Lions.

I quit too Dub. Feels great.

The best team who finishes #1 in the regular season rarely wins the playoffs. I remember my very first year, we had the top 4 get into the playoffs. I was one game below .500, and a late Chicago TD with 10 seconds left to score against my opponents defense (it was a garbage time TD) put me into the 4th seed with like a 7-7 record. I then went on a miracle run and knocked off the 1st and 2nd seed. First year I ever played.

It's just too flukey for me, and it takes away from enjoying the games.

Detroit haa already shown they can win early. The real test is once they're 6-2 can they finish strong. .

The difference is last year when we were up two scores in the fourth we would just run. Nothing else. RUN-RUN-RUN-PUNT.

Was nice to see some passing.

Dennard didn't show up on the stat sheet. Might not have played a snap

He didn't. Cincy started Newman and Hall and nickel was Pacman. Kirkpatrick played 10 snaps.

Damn they have 5 1st round CBs on that team haha.

Did what they had to do, beat an inferior team. It was nice to see that. Usually they let those teams jump up and bite them.

Lots of stuff needs correcting. Don't get too high on this win. It was nice. Real test is next week.

this....

I have NYG in the running for worst team in the NFC...they'll battle it out with Dallas for top spot at the bottom.

but it was good to see we didn't let them back in the game.

Quitting fantasy football was the best life decision I ever made. It's great being able to kick back and enjoy these games without stressing over yards and TDs. It's also damn impossible to root for a guy that plays against the Lions.

I quit 12 years ago. FF ruins the games for me. Instead of just watching the game and enjoying it, you are pissed off at a bunch of stupid shit...like my guy needs 5 more yards, etc. I didn't find any of that constant scoreboard watching remotely fun.

Yeah. I also cannot stand being around other people who tell me who's on their team. Don't care. I felt liberated the first year I didn't draft.

I wish Sunday and Monday night football started at 7 pm est every week. I have a chance to still wind down and go to bed at a decent hour.

I don't think I've met a person who plays fantasy football and actually has fun with it. It's just pure stress, anger, frustration, etc.

In two FFL leagues but i don't spend much time fixated on it, if I win great if not don't care, in one league my opponent had Calvin so I rooted against myself to lose and I did,,and I couldn't be happier about that, I just play it for the friendships and beer

Last edited:
Yeah. I also cannot stand being around other people who tell me who's on their team. Don't care. I felt liberated the first year I didn't draft.

I almost hate going to a bar to watch a game because someone is always telling you...he's on my fantasy team (probably has 10 teams). No one gives a fuck. How am I supposed to give you any credit for drafting a group of players with your 9 other friends? What do you want me to do with that information???

I don't think I've met a person who plays fantasy football and actually has fun with it. It's just pure stress, anger, frustration, etc.

I play it and have fun. I don't scoreboard watch and don't root for or against anyone. I just set my lineup and look at what happens Tuesday. But there are some who shouldn't play. .

Last edited:
Tiger, you are the exception, not the rule. The majority of fantasy football players put down money and are insane about it.

Did we have any penalties in the second half? It was much better.

Tiger, you are the exception, not the rule. The majority of fantasy football players put down money and are insane about it.

Over the years I've both won it all and finished dead last in a FFL so been there done all that it's no longer something I stress about, I just want the tigers and the lions to win it all thats all I stress about in sports, fantastic day today.

Last edited:
That one drive was awful penalty wise. 3 in one that gave them 7. And then the Raiola hands to the face took away points.

Back