Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 10: Lions @ Browns Thread

Please god no. Only if he comes with treyveyon Henderson, and all of his receivers.

lol

I did see a mock that had the Lions taking Chris Olave with the Rams first round pick in 2022. Henderson won't be draft eligible until 2024

so...2022 draft they trade back with the Eagles for #5 and #10.

#5 Hutchinson
#10 Garett Wilson
Rams pick take Olave

Want a winner? The best thing you can do with the #1 pick is trade it to indy for frank Reich. This coaching staff is a bunch of duds. Zero game plan. Zero adjustments. Zero scheme wins.

Of all the bad coaching staff's over the years I soured on this one quicker than any other. There's rookie mistakes, there's dumb mistakes and then there's wtf mistakes. Campbell is the latter.

lol

I did see a mock that had the Lions taking Chris Olave with the Rams first round pick in 2022. Henderson won't be draft eligible until 2024

so...2022 draft they trade back with the Eagles for #5 and #10.

#5 Hutchinson
#10 Garett Wilson
Rams pick take Olave

Hutch might be taken before that. Heck, I'm not opposed to the Lions taking Hutch #1.

But no, I do not wish to see another Bucknut on the Lions, especially a QB. Fields has been ok, but his downward trajectory is now taking effect.

Plus I would actually be hoping the Lions QB gets sacked on every play until he is injured.

Yes, my hatred for OSU outweighs my love for the Lions. Not like the Lions ever win anyway.

But no, I do not wish to see another Bucknut on the Lions, especially a QB. Fields has been ok, but his downward trajectory is now taking effect.

Plus I would actually be hoping the Lions QB gets sacked on every play until he is injured.

Yes, my hatred for OSU outweighs my love for the Lions. Not like the Lions ever win anyway.

I'd go with a number of wrs over olave with the rams pick. Wilson would be great value there though. Treylon Burks would be my first choice.

Have to be trying to lose. Have to be

They?ve been in full tank mode since the new regime was hired.

If fans would look at everything through the lense of not trying to win games, everything would make sense - trading for Goff, starting Goff, roster decisions, coaching decisions, etc.

If these issues persist into year 3 then I?ll be worried.

They?ve been in full tank mode since the new regime was hired.

If fans would look at everything through the lense of not trying to win games, everything would make sense - trading for Goff, starting Goff, roster decisions, coaching decisions, etc.

If these issues persist into year 3 then I?ll be worried.

Theres bigger long term problems. Communication and personality gaps between Anthony Lynn, DC and Goff. We will have a change at OC next year....another new offense....which means another year of a shitty QB trying to learn a new offense.

Theres bigger long term problems. Communication and personality gaps between Anthony Lynn, DC and Goff. We will have a change at OC next year....another new offense....which means another year of a shitty QB trying to learn a new offense.

There is nothing about the present offense worth saving. Fire Anothony Lynn bring in a real OC, Draft a QB, an Edge Rusher, 4 WR's and a Kicker and start the rebuild properly.

There is nothing about the present offense worth saving. Fire Anothony Lynn bring in a real OC, Draft a QB, an Edge Rusher, 4 WR's and a Kicker and start the rebuild properly.

agreed...but a good GM could have done a majority of that list this year. We will be going into year 2 with the same list and nothing checked off. GM made a trade that put the rebuild on hold a year. Then he picked back to back DTs so we could rotate 8 DTs throughout the game instead of addressing ANY of our actual needs.

I give this rebuild an F- as a start. It will be an F- next year too...book it. Goff in another new offense with a bunch of rookies around him. PS...campbell isnt pulling any generational type of talent to replace Lynn. Theres a 90% chance its going to be Duce Staley lol....who they could very easily hand over the keys to now....but havent....which should tell you something. We have a meat head calling plays instead of Duce...thats how good he is.

This will be the half ass of rebuilds...which is the lions way. Want to do it right. Fire holmes and DC...their vision sucks ass. Trade the first pick for Frank Reich and get a real coaching staff in here.

This. There?s really nothing that could set this offense back any further, so no lost time there.

Same could be said for the rest of the team TBh. If the Ford?s wanted to clean house again, now would be the best time.

Lol at anyone who thought you could do this in a year

Yeah wr, safety over mcneil and levi really would have saved us

Didnt have cap room for any big wr signings or big rebuilds. Resigned okwara who is good but of course gets hurt badly along with our 3rd overall pick in 2020. Cant even see what d or o will really look like

Lol at anyone who thought you could do this in a year

Yeah wr, safety over mcneil and levi really would have saved us

Didnt have cap room for any big wr signings or big rebuilds. Resigned okwara who is good but of course gets hurt badly along with our 3rd overall pick in 2020. Cant even see what d or o will really look like

Lets sign Goff and then put 0 around him. Great strategy!

Lets sign Goff and then put 0 around him. Great strategy!

It is to tank. Campbell said they are building right way not a bunch of fa splashes to be mediocre one year only

Goff can take a pay cut or be gone next year. And restructure necessary to make the cap

Williams got hurt and Perriman didnt work out. St brown a rookie and Cephus hurt. Oline hurt which hurt pass pro consistency

Wrs got tagged too unless you wanted Golladay back lol

Lol at bagging on the coaches for losing this year. We wanted and knew this was going to happen.

Draft with extra 1st and 3rd and extra 1st in 2023 too. Best pick in every round. Can make fa moves in 2022 and 2023. Learning and training year for coaches too

I do think they wanted to see if Goff could make the players around him better, that question has been definitively answered by now. Surrounding him with more talent wouldn?t have exposed his shortcomings as much we?ve seen this season.

I also think they didn?t see much downside. If Goff plays well they don?t have to risk a high pick on a QB, if he?s terrible they?re only locked in for two years while getting back-to-back top 3 picks.

I?m actually somewhat relieved Goff wasn?t mediocre this year, that probably would?ve been the worst case scenario.

This. There?s really nothing that could set this offense back any further, so no lost time there.

Same could be said for the rest of the team TBh. If the Ford?s wanted to clean house again, now would be the best time.

While I am not thrilled about this offense, or the play calling of Lynn or Campbell (especially Campbell)....I don't see the need to fire Lynn.

We have the worst quarterback and wr groups in the NFL.......probably the worst in the NFL for a 20 year period. We should do a poll of that......anyway, the talent here is so bad that our #1 WR yesterday was a guy who couldn't beat out Ben Skowronek for a roster spot on the Rams. St. Brown is a #4 at best (so far).....Raymond is a legit slot guy but we ask him to play outside and he usually sees the other teams top CB.

And, coupled with that, we have the worst QB's in the league.......and I'm not sure who should get more blame....the WR because they cannot get open, or the QB for not being able to make more than 1 read and then dump it down. It's a fucking shit show.

There needs to be some patience from the fan base. Do we deserve better? Yes. Has the fan base been patient enough? Yes. But that has nothing to do with Campbell or Lynn. They didn't create 64 years of shitty ownership/management/football.

I?m actually somewhat relieved Goff wasn?t mediocre this year, that probably would?ve been the worst case scenario.

This 1000%. That would have been a disaster. Now we know he just doesn't have the ability to make guys around him better. Giving him the starting role next year (unless we have a high draft pick as our #2) would be my exit out of the Dan Campbell fan club.

Goff is clearly not the answer and not having a backup plan going in to 2022 would be asinine. I get they wanted to get a look at him this year....but holy shit.

Got a look at Goff and Boyle. Now we know with easy answer

I'd prefer to see blough get the start Thursday, Boyle was a fck'n joke blough can't possibly be any worse than that complete shit show we saw Sunday.

Last edited:
It is to tank. Campbell said they are building right way not a bunch of fa splashes to be mediocre one year only

Goff can take a pay cut or be gone next year. And restructure necessary to make the cap

Williams got hurt and Perriman didnt work out. St brown a rookie and Cephus hurt. Oline hurt which hurt pass pro consistency

Wrs got tagged too unless you wanted Golladay back lol

Lol at bagging on the coaches for losing this year. We wanted and knew this was going to happen.

Draft with extra 1st and 3rd and extra 1st in 2023 too. Best pick in every round. Can make fa moves in 2022 and 2023. Learning and training year for coaches too
How is 0-9-1 the right way. How is needing 15 new starters the right way. How is being worse than Quinn and Patty the right way. I was okay with letting go Galloday but they did nothing to replace him. Imo, there were better offers but they had to appease Matty so he could go to LA. And Holmes wanted Goff. Maybe we could have gotten one of those QB's this season.

NFL used to be going from bad to good quickly, competitive - except the Lions who go from bad to terrible to just plan awful.

Back