Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 10: Lions @ Giants Thread

Wow surprised is an acl... they let him walk off. Id use one of our 2nd rd picks on him for sure.

If this GM is willing to trade draft capital to move up for a WR with a torn ACL that depends on his top end speed...I don't see why that's out of the question at all.

If this GM is willing to trade draft capital to move up for a WR with a torn ACL that depends on his top end speed...I don't see why that's out of the question at all.

Taking chances year after year on players who stock dropped due to injury isn?t a good recipe for success.

Staffs got scrambled again. Reminding me of Steve Young. Get 1 easier to get 2, and so forth.

Staffs got scrambled again. Reminding me of Steve Young. Get 1 easier to get 2, and so forth.

Great, another week of getting articles sent to me about what Kelly Stafford thinks about concussions and how she would "give up all the money and the fame" to live a normal life with her husband.

When will we hear from her? The saga begins......

Great, another week of getting articles sent to me about what Kelly Stafford thinks about concussions and how she would "give up all the money and the fame" to live a normal life with her husband.

When will we hear from her? The saga begins......

well, she can. Just tell Matty boy to quit. :tup:

NLF well on track for flag football in about another 5 years or so, I won't be watching NFL at all anymore once that occurs.

PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
McNeill 91
Decker 86.3
Hutch 85.6
Amon-Ra 82.4
Justin Jackson 80.8

Bottom 5 Overall
Bryant 32.9
Rodrigo 34.7
Mike Hughes 42.9
Cominsky 46.5
Oruwariye 47.8

Other notables
Sewell 73.8
Ragnow 68.4
Jonah Jackson 67.3
Jamaal Williams 63.5
Swift 54.6
Goff 47.9
Joseph 69.2
Thor 61
Okudah 55

NLF well on track for flag football in about another 5 years or so, I won't be watching NFL at all anymore once that occurs.

IF they do that, there will be some league that pops up that provides the public with tackling football in some form.

That won't happen though, because the popularity (and therefor $$$) is just to high to change the current model.

What WILL change, and should, is that the NFL should go to guaranteed contracts and lifetime care for anyone that plays a certain amount of years. These guys put their future on the line more so than any of the other major sports and should be compensated for it. No talent, 12th man NBA players make more than some of these guys do WITHOUT the fear of long term brain damage. And I'd say about 60% of the NFL players can be cut tomorrow without any compensation at all.

It's a violent game.....but taking that violence out would change everything.

Maybe this pussified generation of young kids that is coming up will change it someday.......but not any time soon. Hopefully the Lions can win a Super Bowl before that happens.

Last edited:
IF they do that, there will be some league that pops up that provides the public with tackling football in some form.

That won't happen though, because the popularity (and therefor $$$) is just to high to change the current model.

What WILL change, and should, is that the NFL should go to guaranteed contracts and lifetime care for anyone that plays a certain amount of years. These guys put their future on the line more so than any of the other major sports and should be compensated for it. No talent, 12th man NBA players make more than some of these guys do WITHOUT the fear of long term brain damage. And I'd say about 60% of the NFL players can be cut tomorrow without any compensation at all.

It's a violent game.....but taking that violence out would change everything.

Maybe this pussified generation of young kids that is coming up will change it someday.......but not any time soon. Hopefully the Lions can win a Super Bowl before that happens.

NFL players can have guaranteed contracts.

Lifetime health insurance will probably never happen (see article below)

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest...ealthcare-nfl-players-why-it-wasnt-even-table

PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
McNeill 91
Decker 86.3
Hutch 85.6
Amon-Ra 82.4
Justin Jackson 80.8

Bottom 5 Overall
Bryant 32.9
Rodrigo 34.7
Mike Hughes 42.9
Cominsky 46.5
Oruwariye 47.8

Other notables
Sewell 73.8
Ragnow 68.4
Jonah Jackson 67.3
Jamaal Williams 63.5
Swift 54.6
Goff 47.9
Joseph 69.2
Thor 61
Okudah 55

Nothing on that list surprises me. McNeil was dominant. Looked like Suh in his early years. Justin Jackson was really good, too. Might as well let Swift sit until he's confident enough to hit a hole running north and south.

The O Line as a whole was really good. Most of the defense outside of the "big 4" (McNeil, Hutch, Okudah and Kerby) sucked donkey balls.

I'm telling you.....get more talent on this defense and this is a playoff team.

Buffalo will destroy us and bring us back down to earth....but this organization is going in the right direction.

NFL players can have guaranteed contracts.

Lifetime health insurance will probably never happen (see article below)

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest...ealthcare-nfl-players-why-it-wasnt-even-table

Didn't even consider that. Makes sense, though.

Maybe a partnership with a network of hospitals (not insurance companies) that would provide care free of charge to current and former players.... across the country. The NFL pays a negotiated flat fee for this service.

Or, more importantly, the NFL cover all mental illnesses for a lifetime. And if you hit a tier of lifetime NFL earnings (say $30M in a career) then still get the coverage but have to pay into the pot as well.

Just trying to think of what I would want, as a father, to see as my 11 year old wants to start playing tackle football next year.

Last edited:
Didn't even consider that. Makes sense, though.

Maybe a partnership with a network of hospitals (not insurance companies) that would provide care free of charge to current and former players.... across the country. The NFL pays a negotiated flat fee for this service.

Or, more importantly, the NFL cover all mental illnesses for a lifetime. And if you hit a tier of lifetime NFL earnings (say $30M in a career) then still get the coverage but have to pay into the pot as well.

Just trying to think of what I would want, as a father, to see as my 11 year old wants to start playing tackle football next year.

If I were as concerned about the long term health of players as you seem to be, I probably wouldn't let my kid play football.

My oldest son played for a few years but turned to soccer in HS. My youngest never played football. I wouldn't have said they couldn't play, but I certainly "pushed" them towards different sports.

If I were as concerned about the long term health of players as you seem to be, I probably wouldn't let my kid play football.

My oldest son played for a few years but turned to soccer in HS. My youngest never played football. I wouldn't have said they couldn't play, but I certainly "pushed" them towards different sports.

I played football for 7 years (middle and high school). I am ok with him playing to the high school level if that's it. He is NOT the next Barry Sanders or Calvin Johnson so I don't envision major D1 schools to be calling the house any time soon....but I would be concerned about his long term health if it were to go beyond that.....even at a JUCO level.

Nothing on that list surprises me. McNeil was dominant. Looked like Suh in his early years. Justin Jackson was really good, too. Might as well let Swift sit until he's confident enough to hit a hole running north and south.

The O Line as a whole was really good. Most of the defense outside of the "big 4" (McNeil, Hutch, Okudah and Kerby) sucked donkey balls.

I'm telling you.....get more talent on this defense and this is a playoff team.

Buffalo will destroy us and bring us back down to earth....but this organization is going in the right direction.

McNeil had most pressures ever for someone over 320 pounds with 10. Unleash his potential. Keep it going against Buffalo

i get their point....and yes youre not going to hear from me about DC and Goff anytime soon. But you also have to look at the GREAT teams in the NFL and what do they have at QB?...Mahomes, Allen etc.

Starting QBs for all of the teams that have a winning record (best to worst)

Hurts
Mahomes
Cousins
Tua
Tannehill
Lamar Jackson
Allen
Dak/Rush
Geno Smith
Mac Jones
Burrow
Zach Wilson