Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 11: Bills @ Lions *Thanksgiving* Thread

No I wanted the first down. Who cares who uses the time outs there ? The whole point is to make sure if at all possible Allen does not touch the ball until at least overtime.
Because if we just get the first down so many good options are left. You have 3 more shots to win and yes the clock will run some as the Bills start to use their timeouts. How hard is it it to understand how bad a call that throw was.
First it?s a low percentage throw.Second We had tried the same thing at Minnesota on 4th down and that wasn?t even close. Third you are throwing it to a player who has hardly played. I don?t give a shit if he beat his guy they were not on the same page and it wasn?t close.
If you run 3 more plays before you kick the fg assuming you don?t win Allen probably has under 10-15 seconds because each play will take a few off and maybe we get the game to ot Where we have a 50/50 shot at winning the coin flip .All in all it?s just a low number of people who think that throw was smart because it wasn?t. The lions throw to Clark. Brown was winning his routes all day. 1 yard run Williams and another 5 to 7 seconds goes off the clock then try to win. Kick fg with way less time on it and probably a lot closer then 51 yards.
Btw I was screaming at the dumb Ass play call because we all knew right when he threw the ball that it had no chance at a completion and we are wonder where this hard as running team Dan wants is ? Don?t care how good the Bills are . Miller was out and 1 yard was doable.
Dan is a coaching contradiction. He has so much chew in his mouth he can?t think straight sometimes. Hopefully he starts learning because he has cost the team at least 2 games.

Go back and re-watch the play. The ?play? was there. It wasn?t DJ Chark running a bad route or dropping a ball. It was Goff?s inability to make a throw w the game on the line. The play call was perfect, it should?ve set us up for the win in regulation but our veteran QB couldn?t place the ball to the receiver. It was an easy throw Goff missed.

Again, we left 20 seconds for Allen. Absolutely no reason we couldn?t get a stop. Goff missed an easy potential game winning throw and the defense let Allen score w 20 seconds. I?m not blaming Dan on this one, no way. He managed the situation almost to perfection it just didn?t go our way. Hindsight is always 20/20 and now it?s easy to criticize, but in the moment, it was probably the best clock and play calling man he?s had all season.

Last edited:
My guess is that it's one of the reasons the Rams didn't want him anymore. Poor situational awareness......awful decision....worse throw.

Didn't he throw it away on 4th down last year?.. or something incredibly stupid like that?

Compared to 2022-23 so far, we got the better QB and a top pick.

Back