Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 11: Bills @ Lions *Thanksgiving* Thread

All of you guys bitching about this coaching staff are pathetic. They just barely lost to a super bowl caliber team with a far better roster than the Lions have, but no let's call for the coaches heads. Dumbasses.

It's why we lost. We gave them an extra possession in the first half for no reason.

7+ straight passes when leading to close out the game.

No safety on Diggs side....td.

No one covering Diggs for 35 yards...game winner.

Terrible clock management...I could point to like 6 examples.

They are a bunch of idiot football players.... it's been proven time and time again.

Last edited:
Seriously with better coaching decisions the Lions should have at least 2-3 more wins then the do right now. Minnesota game Lions up 10 in the 4th quarter. Seattle game, Bills game, Miami game they were leading at half. It is so frustrating. They really could have had a turnaround season with schedule they have. They are making it so hard on themselves.

5-1 gets them to 9-8.
4-2 gets them to 8-9.

Last six game
Jacksonville
Minnesota
@ NYJ
@ Carolina
Chicago
@ Green Bay

It's why we lost. We gave them an extra possession in the first half for no reason.

7+ straight passes when leading to close out the game.

No safety on Diggs side....td.

No one covering Diggs for 35 yards...game winner.

Terrible clock management...I could point to like 6 examples.

They are a bunch of idiot football players.... it's been proven time and time again.

If they tried running on those plays you would complain about them being conservative.
You're the type that complains about the good things. I don't see you bitching about anzalone whiffing on many tackles or plugging the wrong gaps. Nothing about the players biting on Josh Allen's juke moves, nothing on the defensive line not containing.
No one covering on Diggs 35 yard pass? HE HAD ALL DAY TO THROW. Zero pressure on the fucking qb. You are not very intelligent just like these football players.

If they tried running on those plays you would complain about them being conservative.
You're the type that complains about the good things. I don't see you bitching about anzalone whiffing on many tackles or plugging the wrong gaps. Nothing about the players biting on Josh Allen's juke moves, nothing on the defensive line not containing.
No one covering on Diggs 35 yard pass? HE HAD ALL DAY TO THROW. Zero pressure on the fucking qb. You are not very intelligent just like these football players.

And yet the defense stopped the Bills on 4 drives in a row to start the second half. Yes we have to get lucky on defense because we are missing playmakers but we did get 4 possessions in a row for the offense. They did have few sacks. Defense sucks but they did enough to win this game. Offense inconsistency is killing us to. There is growth but they had this game with a damn chance to win. I guess both sides are to blame.
So Frustrating.

But those multiple passes in a row up 22-19 are just unnecessary.
First they were out of danger after being aggressive. Second on first down Goff threw a blind pass off a twist that Jackson had to save from being intercepted. Next two passes were not close. Mix in the darn run. Maybe we get lucky and have a shorter 3rd down to compete.
This game was so winnable it?s maddening. 3rd and 1 they throw long. Pretty sure this type of play has been used before and it didn?t work.
Play the clock so The Bills don?t get a chance at a fg to win and maybe try to get the first down.

Last edited:
I?ve been down on Campbell in the past but even after a tough loss today, I like what I?m seeing. The team is buying in and making Detroit football fun and exciting for the fans. We?re not the most talented but damnit we will compete!

Happy Thanksgiving all!!

I just think Dan and his staff have to learn and get better at winning situations. Play calling Clock Management, ect, ect. Today They played on offense in the 4th like they had a game breaker who isn?t there just yet.. I sure wish Williams could play. It?s weird because they keep saying they want to be a running team.

Last edited:
And yet the defense stopped the Bills on 4 drives in a row to start the second half. Yes we have to get lucky on defense because we are missing playmakers but we did get 4 possessions in a row for the offense. They did have few sacks. Defense sucks but they did enough to win this game. Offense inconsistency is killing us to. There is growth but they had this game with a damn chance to win. I guess both sides are to blame.
So Frustrating.

But those multiple passes in a row up 22-19 are just unnecessary.
First they were out of danger after being aggressive. Second on first down Goff threw a blind pass off a twist that Jackson had to save from being intercepted. Next two passes were not close. Mix in the darn run. Maybe we get lucky and have a shorter 3rd down to compete.
This game was so winnable it?s maddening. 3rd and 1 they throw long. Pretty sure this type of play has been used before and it didn?t work.
Play the clock so The Bills don?t get a chance at a fg to win and maybe try to get the first down.
Man this team isn't winning the super bowl. The loss us whatever. I love the aggressive calls and playstyle. Say what you want but the run game was not working today and the pass game was. Averaging 2.5ypc if not for that fluke of a 28yd run. That doesn't cut it. Running wasn't the answer in my opinion

They had will harris covering him. If you think that's smart.... then you're a fucking idiot.

Man this team isn't winning the super bowl. The loss us whatever. I love the aggressive calls and playstyle. Say what you want but the run game was not working today and the pass game was. Averaging 2.5ypc if not for that fluke of a 28yd run. That doesn't cut it. Running wasn't the answer in my opinion

Not all in row up 22-19. Go watch the replay and tell me a run doesn't have some merit there. Especially after they got out of danger as those last 3 were not close.

And I'm sorry but they have tried that 3rd 1 long pass play before and it wasn't close. That wasn't Williams or Brown running that route.

Run the ball and you have 3 cracks at getting the win and
The Bills never touch the ball.

Last edited:
A good to great coach never let's Allen have the ball in regulation. The lions had the chance to kick that Field goal to tie with hardly anything left on the clock. Get the First down and try the shot in the next three downs. Kick the fg go to ot if you don't win in regulation. Or at least make the Bills use timeouts
It's just to simple. 3rd and freaking 1. Let's throw a bomb to what the 3rd best receiver maybe.

Last edited:
Lousy day . Lions lose and Vikings win. I know one team I?m not rooting for in the playoffs.
I hope the Vikings get crushed.

A good to great coach never let's Allen have the ball in regulation. The lions had the chance to kick that Field goal to tie with hardly anything left on the clock. Get the First down and try the shot in the next three downs. Kick the fg go to ot if you don't win in regulation. Or at least make the Bills use timeouts
It's just to simple. 3rd and freaking 1. Let's throw a bomb to what the 3rd best receiver maybe.

I bet you were like the rest of us screaming at the TV for Dan to call timeouts during that last drive?.If he did, we would have left even more time on the clock for Allen. Hindsight is always 20/20 but in my opinion, the only knock I have on the last drive is he wasn?t playing to win but playing not to let Allen get the ball. He left 20 seconds and Allen made us pay.

I think we?re headed in the right direction and played much better today than I expected. No complaints from me. I?m slowing buying in to what this staff is doing.

Last edited:
Lousy day . Lions lose and Vikings win. I know one team I?m not rooting for in the playoffs.
I hope the Vikings get crushed.

I?d root for Vikings over Cowboys. The Cowboy fans I know are the loudest and most obnoxious fans after a win.

I bet you were like the rest of us screaming at the TV for Dan to call timeouts during that last drive?.If he did, we would have left even more time on the clock for Allen. Hindsight is always 20/20 but in my opinion, the only knock I have on the last drive is he wasn?t playing to win but playing not to let Allen get the ball. He left 20 seconds and Allen made us pay.

I think we?re headed in the right direction and played much better today than I expected. No complaints from me. I?m slowing buying in to what this staff is doing.

I think we all saw that today. We saw a team that deserved to win against one of the better teams in the nfl. Yet once again end of half and end of game situations we completely fuck up. I've never seen a team that could have 2 or 3 more wins if their coaches were atleast competent at managing a game.... it's crazy.

No unless the timeout helped to get a first down on 3rd and 1. That was a terrible play choice to the wrong Wr. Williams isn?t on the field yet.
Im buying into his staff also. But on 3rd and 1 get the first down and take 3 shots and winning and Allen never touches the ball in regulation.
Why throw long on 3rd and 1 ? You can do both you know. That play had no chance to succeed it wasn?t even close.

Last edited:
I?d root for Vikings over Cowboys. The Cowboy fans I know are the loudest and most obnoxious fans after a win.

I?d never watch that game . Fuck both franchises. Vikings fans deserve nothing. They have had plenty of chances to win a super bowl. I hate the Vikings. Remember I watched the 1970?s. Lions were 3-17 against them. A freaking 1961 expansion team. Just another team the Fords can?t beat.

technically since the Lions have won 4 games so far this year it's already improvement over the previous year. 3-3 min over the last 6 and looking forward to what they can do with 4 of the top 64 picks in the 2023 draft.

Last edited:
PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Rodrigo 90.5
Amon-Ra 89.8
Benito Jones 79.6
Mike Hughes 76.6
Swift 74.1

Bottom 5 Overall
Wright 33.1
Skipper 35.1