Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 13: Packers @ Lions Thread

he won't want "only $14M"

My guess is his starting point will be $20M per year. His agent will tell the Lions "My client makes contested catches, wins jump balls, makes game changing plays and led the league in TDs. He should be paid like one of the elite WRs."

new GM: "your client leads the league in miles driven on the bike on the sideline. People from heart transplants recover quicker than your dud's bruised hip. He can take 8 million and like it"

Agent: "we're taking our talents to south beach."

new GM: "Fine...we'll meet in the middle 10mil"

Agent: "no deal"

new GM: "PErfect....we didnt want a deal with your bum WR that sits out due to bruises, cant run a route to save his life, and is worst in the league in seperating from the DB. See ya never."

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/wide-receiver/#

20 per is top 4. 18 per is top 9. I would think 18 per for him but if he thinks he is as good as Cooper and Keenan Allen then yeah, 20 per is on the table for him and may be why Quinn didn't resign him.

And now he could be hurt and just refusing to play to get a pay day. If its the latter, fuck him and sign someone else. That's bush league shit

How is that bush league...Why would he play and risk losing millions for a non playoff team? You gotta pay if you want the man to play.

KG is definitely losing money if he is sitting out on purpose. 1st in TDS, 7th in yards and 3rd in YPC in 2019. Cheaper by the game missed

How is that bush league...Why would he play and risk losing millions for a non playoff team? You gotta pay if you want the man to play.

It's just not done. No other fucking players do this. If you are healthy enough you go out there and play.

Should be black balled for sitting out on purpose in a contract year

He will lose money. You are injury prone. Knock off 5-6 million per year because of it

Last edited:
new GM: "your client leads the league in miles driven on the bike on the sideline. People from heart transplants recover quicker than your dud's bruised hip. He can take 8 million and like it"

new GM: "PErfect....we didnt want a deal with your bum WR that sits out due to bruises, cant run a route to save his life, and is worst in the league in seperating from the DB. See ya never."

If you don?t want to pay the man $14-16 then don?t be upset when we use a 1st or 2nd on a WR, or give someone like JuJu $17+.

It's just not done. No other fucking players do this. If you are healthy enough you go out there and play.

Should be black balled for sitting out on purpose in a contract year

He will lose money. You are injury prone. Knock off 5-6 million per year because of it

You?re right, no other players have held out because of contract issues....

I don't blame him if he is sitting out. Hell, he may just want to get the fuck out of Detroit. I would if I were him. He probably sees what other players have done. Arguably, the two best players in franchise history, retired early because the Lions are a joke of a franchise.

You’re right, no other players have held out because of contract issues....

Not during the season. Camps and stuff they do (but new CBA greatly prohibits that BTW) but then it goes into contract year and they play. They don't fucking fake an injury all season. They hold out or they play, they don't say they are going to play and fake an injury or refuse to play. That is what is not done.But I think he is actually hurt

Last edited:
Only the Lions and its ownership cadre deserved to be snubbed like this.

Only the Lions and its ownership cadre deserved to be snubbed like this.

He would be snubbing everybody. Including the fans. And showing other GMs he is a piece of shit for saying he is going to play but then holding out. Either way he lost money because of it. Stafford doesn't deserve that shit either from KG. Look Stafford in the eyes who goes out there with busted thumb and tries to play through every injury.

But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and he's hurt and it's a weird ass hip injury like Levy had that it seems like he can play so they don't IR him but he's really hurt. Or he reaggravated. he did practice a few days. tried to give it a go and hurt it worse. We don't know what happened

?This Kenny Golladay injury update brought to you by Pelaton. Pelaton, perfect for the pro athlete faking his way to free agency?

That's exactly what Bevell has to say. There is no way he can throw his players under the bus and expect to have them play for him.

KG is sitting out for free agency. Unless the Lions doctors misdiagnosed his hip bruise for a hip dislocation. I don't believe there is any way he isn't pulling a Deandre Levy.

Levy was hurt after he signed his contract

That's exactly what Bevell has to say. There is no way he can throw his players under the bus and expect to have them play for him.

KG is sitting out for free agency. Unless the Lions doctors misdiagnosed his hip bruise for a hip dislocation.

He's missed 8 games. If the injury was serious, don't you think they would have put him on IR?

You are 100% correct. They either misdiagnosed it or he is pouting.

I think he's pouting.

He's missed 8 games. If the injury was serious, don't you think they would have put him on IR?

You are 100% correct. They either misdiagnosed it or he is pouting.

I think he's pouting.

Tell that to his face or twitter.

Go ask KG if he is faking on twitter. I want to see his response to you. Instead of making up these crazy scenarios.

Him faking an injury would cost him so so so much money

Last edited:
Back