Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 13: Packers @ Lions Thread

WR heavy draft. I think Chase is gone before we pick, but I would be very happy with Smith.

Olave or Moore in the 2nd are good value picks.

1st round picks

Chase
Waddle
DeVonta Smith
Terrance Marshall

Possible 1st....likely 2nd round

Marquez Stevenson
Olave
Rondale Moore

Wr gets tricky...i think we need one. But we are all of a sudden very close to a top 4 pick lol. I could see us drafting Chase around 5-7 if theres no upper eschelon D talent left on the board and they value a WR over the 2nd or 3rd olineman. at 4 i think we get DE Rosseau.

Waddle is probably the biggest playmaker in college football comming off a exploded lower leg injury. Will be interesting to see if he drops. Right now hes projected in that 10-15 range where we could pick guys like Zach Wilson or Micah Parsons.

Bottom line is we have too many needs....still. After multiple years for quin we still have ALL these needs. Its bad. Real bad.

Last edited:
One third roster typically changes over..we got fa l, trades for vets and draft

And needs come up for impending fas, and talent issues and cap cuts year to year. Marvin got a 5 year deal in 2016, golladay had crazy demands, amendola year to year so here we are at wr needs.

Lions changed 10 starters last year plus depth..u defense, 3 offense. Do it again just with better healthier players and cut the shitty injured ones to make the cap room over 40 million

Last edited:
Near the middle/bottom in QBR and basically at the bottom in completion percentage throughout the entire year.

You can try and dress it up as much as you want, but at 32, he's just an average/above average QB in an increasingly QB-friendly league.

Whether or not you think he's the best QB in the world is irrelevant; he's had his time here and it's time to move on.

Game tape shows elite. Stats show a team not supporting him enough. Get open receivers, protect him more, get 3rd and short run game, give him some short fields for easy TD drives, don't drop the ball, be perfect on FGs Prater like Crosby is this season, stay healthy KG and Swift. None of those things happen enough for Stafford. Most QBs get a couple of those things at least

Wr gets tricky...i think we need one. But we are all of a sudden very close to a top 4 pick lol. I could see us drafting Chase around 5-7 if theres no upper eschelon D talent left on the board and they value a WR over the 2nd or 3rd olineman. at 4 i think we get DE Rosseau.

Waddle is probably the biggest playmaker in college football comming off a exploded lower leg injury. Will be interesting to see if he drops. Right now hes projected in that 10-15 range where we could pick guys like Zach Wilson or Micah Parsons.

Bottom line is we have too many needs....still. After multiple years for quin we still have ALL these needs. Its bad. Real bad.

The lack of talent on the front 7 is striking. Flowers is only PAID as a top tier DE, but his production is just average. Okwara is the only player producing. He stays.

Collins has been a good addition. Davis and Tavai.....sigh....i cant remember the last time either one of them made a play. Tavia is completely lost out there...man or zone. The fact we have him even PLAYING is stunning. Davis is almost as bad. I still think he's at his best blitzing.....but we don't do that with him. Jones sucks. Reeves Maybin is a special teams player. Ragland is depth at best. If we cut Collins.....we will need 6 new LB's in 2021. How fucking bad is that? Our LB's are so fucking bad we could need an ENTIRE NEW UNIT. Fuck Quinn and Patricia.

I wouldn't mind Parsons at all. LB's seem to be easier to get than good young WR's, though. So if given the opportunity to draft Parsons or say Smith....I take Smith.

don't forget about Bateman. Probably a late first rounder or second rounder.

I wouldn't take a WR in the top 10 regardless. They seem like there are really good WRs taken every year in the 2nd round and beyond, and I don't think a really good WR has as big of an impact as other positions. The Lions have so many holes.

If they have a top 8 pick, it needs to be an impact player and it should be an impact player on the defensive side of the ball (in the front 7)

I couldn't disagree more about the impact a top tier WR makes. Opens up so many other things in an offense.

I get that taking a WR early when there are SO MANY needs will make some cringe....but adding weapons at any position should be the focus for the next 3 years. WR included.

I'm certainly not saying FOCUS on WR....but if you don't like the best available DE or LB where you're picking and a top tier, home run threat WR is there.....I don't pass it up. We've passed up too many stud players to draft for NEED. Take the best players.....fill in from there.

The lack of talent on the front 7 is striking. Flowers is only PAID as a top tier DE, but his production is just average. Okwara is the only player producing. He stays.

I wouldn't mind Parsons at all. LB's seem to be easier to get than good young WR's, though. So if given the opportunity to draft Parsons or say Smith....I take Smith.

IMO, I think an impactful front 7 player is harder to find than an impactful WR.

While the jury is still out on some of these WRs, there are a lot that have had a meaningful impact and good production

12 Ruggs
15 Jeudy
17 lamb
21 reagor
22 Jefferson
25 Aiyuk
33 Higgins
34 Pittman
46 Hamler
49 Claypool

I think #s 22, 25 & 33 are the best three so far

Thomas Round 2, Davante Adams Round 2, Golladay Round 3, Hopkins late Round 1 and crazily traded for less
Julio early pick but always hurt, Godwin Round 3, Mike Evans top 10, Thielen undrafted, Jefferson late Round 1,
Robinson Round 2 Jax but big FA, Woods a FA and Round 2 pick, Kupp later rounder, Amari Cooper round 1 but traded for a 1st,
Metcalf late round 2, Lockett Round 3, McClaurin Round 2, Tyreek Hill late rounder because he hit his pregnant wife and is a real piece of shit but people just forget that in KC
Fitz Round 1 but then there since 2004
OBJ Round 1 then traded, Landry Round 2 and traded
Steelers Round 2 guys
Ravens Philly Brown Round 1
Jeffrey Round 2 for Eagles but signed with them not drafted
Golden Tate Round 2 but FA then traded
Philly Brown Round 1 but two other Round 3 Wrs
TY Hilton Round 4, Pittman Round 2
Ruggs Round 1, Algoholr FA (was Round 1 and sucked), Zay Jones Round 3, Bryan Edwards Round 4
Jeudy Round 1
Fuller Round 1 Houston, Cobb FA but Round 2 Packers, Stills traded
Lamb Round 1, Gallup Round 2
Raegor Round 1 Eagles and Whiteside Round 2 who sucks
Brandin Cooks traded several times and concusssion issues now with Houston
Brown late rounder, head case and traded
Then the youngsters in Aiyuk Round 1, Shenault Round 2
Sutton Round 1 but hurt, Hamler Round 2 in Denver as well

Rounds 1 or 2 more prevalent but some Round 3 finds in there. Really lucky later than that

Last edited:
Thomas Round 2, Davante Adams Round 2, Golladay Round 3, Hopkins late Round 1 and crazily traded for less
Julio early pick but always hurt, Godwin Round 3, Mike Evans top 10, Thielen undrafted, Jefferson late Round 1,
Robinson Round 2 Jax but big FA, Woods a FA and Round 2 pick, Kupp later rounder, Amari Cooper round 1 but traded for a 1st,
Metcalf late round 2, Lockett Round 3, McClaurin Round 2, Tyreek Hill late rounder because he hit his pregnant wife and is a real piece of shit but people just forget that in KC
Fitz Round 1 but then there since 2004
OBJ Round 1 then traded, Landry Round 2 and traded
Steelers Round 2 guys
Ravens Philly Brown Round 1
Jeffrey Round 2 for Eagles but signed with them not drafted
Golden Tate Round 2 but FA then traded
Philly Brown Round 1 but two other Round 3 Wrs
TY Hilton Round 4, Pittman Round 2
Ruggs Round 1, Algoholr FA (was Round 1 and sucked), Zay Jones Round 3, Bryan Edwards Round 4
Jeudy Round 1
Fuller Round 1 Houston, Cobb FA but Round 2 Packers, Stills traded
Lamb Round 1, Gallup Round 2
Raegor Round 1 Eagles and Whiteside Round 2 who sucks
Brandin Cooks traded several times and concusssion issues now with Houston
Brown late rounder, head case and traded
Then the youngsters in Aiyuk Round 1, Shenault Round 2
Sutton Round 1 but hurt, Hamler Round 2 in Denver as well

Rounds 1 or 2 more prevalent but some Round 3 finds in there. Really lucky later than that

I agree that rounds 1 & 2 are good places to draft WRs...just not early round 1. WR classes seem to be about 6-10 deep over the past few years due to the college game being as pass happy as the NFL.

You have to keep in mind what we might be losing on offense. You cut bait with Golladay and Jones you save $25 mil in cap space and need a WR desperately. If youre keeping Stafford, that $25 mil from (2) WRs might be absolutely necessary in order to rebuild the way the new GM wants to.

9.1 for jones, 2.3 for golladay this year. 11.4 they cost this year

Drafted wr will be cheap so the rest goes to golladay which wont be super high first year cap number unless franchised. Think you can even resign an older jones fairly cheap now

Drafted wr will be cheap so the rest goes to golladay which wont be super high first year cap number unless franchised. Think you can even resign an older jones fairly cheap now

i was talking about next year. The guy with a hip bruise thats been out for 2 months wants to be paid big. Expectation is 14 mil. Jones is 9-10mil. Thats 24-25 mil. Why would you use this years numbers?

you always complain that KG and Jones don't get open...why would you want them back? I thought I read that KG has the worst separation rate of any starting WR in the league.

here it is

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2020...nfl-worst-wr-at-getting-separation-on-routes/

Marvin 9 to 10 per. Hell no. He got 8 per in his prime andnnow 5 years older with 2 injured years

Kg may get 14 per but that wont be the 2021 cap hit unless franchised at 17

They produce and have talent. Make it harder for stafford but still make some big catches. Get a speedy slot for separation

2 years in a row. It?s no fluke.

No need for huge separation when you make contested catches, win jump balls, make game changing plays and lead the league in TDs. If he only wants $14mil, I wouldn?t hesitate on re-signing him.

No need for huge separation when you make contested catches, win jump balls, make game changing plays and lead the league in TDs. If he only wants $14mil, I wouldn?t hesitate on re-signing him.

he won't want "only $14M"

My guess is his starting point will be $20M per year. His agent will tell the Lions "My client makes contested catches, wins jump balls, makes game changing plays and led the league in TDs. He should be paid like one of the elite WRs."

he won't want "only $14M"

My guess is his starting point will be $20M per year. His agent will tell the Lions "My client makes contested catches, wins jump balls, makes game changing plays and led the league in TDs. He should be paid like one of the elite WRs."

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/wide-receiver/#

20 per is top 4. 18 per is top 9. I would think 18 per for him but if he thinks he is as good as Cooper and Keenan Allen then yeah, 20 per is on the table for him and may be why Quinn didn't resign him.

And now he could be hurt and just refusing to play to get a pay day. If its the latter, fuck him and sign someone else. That's bush league shit

Back