Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 13: Vikings @ Lions Thread

Just unsure who has the harder path. NYG have a ton of road games. I guess whoever loses the Washington at Giants game will probably be the Team we have to root against..

6. Washington 7-5-1 (4-4-1) in conference.
NYG
@ 49ers
Cleveland
Dallas
==============
7.NYG 7-5-1 (3-5-1) in conference.
@ Washington
@ Minnesota
Colts
@ Philadelphia
=======================
8. Seattle 7-6 (5-5) in conference
49ers
@kc
NYJ
Rams
===============
#9 Detroit 6-7 (5-4) in conference
@ NYJ
@ Carolina
Chicago
@ Green Bay

Last edited:
Just unsure who has the harder path. NYG have a ton of road games. I guess whoever loses the Washington at Giants game will probably be the Team we have to root against..

6. Washington 7-5-1 (4-4-1) in conference.
NYG
@ 49ers
Cleveland
Dallas
==============
7.NYG 7-5-1 (3-5-1) in conference.
@ Washington
@ Minnesota
Colts
@ Philadelphia
=======================
8. Seattle 7-6 (5-5) in conference
49ers
@kc
NYJ
Rams
===============
#9 Detroit 6-7 (5-4) in conference
@ NYJ
@ Carolina
Chicago
@ Green Bay

Best scenario seems to be the Giants losing to Washington next week and then to Minnesota the following week. But you are correct...we need to root against whoever loses that game nex week. Both Washington and the Giants have loseable games left for sure. But I know Dallas and Philly will be sitting most guys that final game. So Seattle, Washington and the Giants....two of those teams need to lose 2 out of their next 3 games to have a chance.

Last edited:
Best scenario seems to be the Giants losing to Washington next week and then to Minnesota the following week. But you are correct...we need to root against whoever loses that game nex week. Both Washington and the Giants have loseable games left for sure. But I know Dallas and Philly will be sitting most guys that final game. So Seattle, Washington and the Giants....two of those teams need to lose 2 out of their next 3 games to have a chance.

Of the 3 games that will come back to haunt us.... if we don't make it into the playoffs.......the Seattle game will hurt the most. To put up 42 and lose, at home, vs the team you might end up losing a playoff spot to.....that stings.

However these last 4 games play out.....i think the MOST important thing this win streak and national media attention has done is make Detroit an attractive destination for free agents. The Lions are close. They have a young team. They play aggressive football. Everyone loves the coaching staff. They will have some cap space and don't lose anyone important (maybe Chark). They have a lot of draft capital in '23.

This isn't the same ol Lions. It's not. And that's fuckin crazy to think.

2 of Giants, Washington and Seattle have to lose 2 more games than the Lions

So they are 2-2, Lions have to be 4-0

If two of them are 1-3, then Lions can be 3-1

Bring on the Jets. Saleh vs Campbell in up and coming teams.

Tough defense on the road for the Lions to face but the Jets offense clearly has problems but are capable

2 of Giants, Washington and Seattle have to lose 2 more games than the Lions

So they are 2-2, Lions have to be 4-0

If two of them are 1-3, then Lions can be 3-1

Bring on the Jets. Saleh vs Campbell in up and coming teams.

Tough defense on the road for the Lions to face but the Jets offense clearly has problems but are capable

I don't think the Lions will get in the playoffs. Winning games at NY against a good Jets D and at Green Bay....where we never play well and it's likely to be cold as hell and could very well be Aaron Rodgers last game as a Packer......is not a likely scenario. I know we all want it to be...but it's not.

We still have massive problems in the defensive back 7. Our pass rush is improving but still not good. Our running game has declined in recent weeks, as well.

But holy shit are we fun to watch.....and we're close. So close. Important off season coming up and we will be in line for EVERYTHING next year. Division title. HOME playoff game. Deep playoff run.

Alot of ben Johnson talk this morning.

Well, shit. Why can't we have nice things?

I hope Sheila realizes what we have and does whatever it takes to try to get him here for at least 1 more year, maybe 2. I understand we can't keep him forever.....but it would be great to retain the nucleus of the coaching staff for one more year.

Last edited:
A raise likely does nothing if he's offered a head coaching job.

Let's hope he is not experienced enough for teams that have openings (Colts and Panthers so far). Though Staley (Chargers), O Connell (Vikings), McDaniel ( Dolphins) aren't that experienced either and doing well right away

Situational. Coordinators have less responsibility and therefor probably a little bit more family time during the season and certainly during the off season. Also, you never know what Mrs. Johnson feels about it. Kids. Schools. Maybe she would like to be in one place for a few years.

Never know.

Life of a coach is a lot more than what you see. Maybe a raise would be good enough for now. Maybe not.

Situational. Coordinators have less responsibility and therefor probably a little bit more family time during the season and certainly during the off season. Also, you never know what Mrs. Johnson feels about it. Kids. Schools. Maybe she would like to be in one place for a few years.

Never know.

Life of a coach is a lot more than what you see. Maybe a raise would be good enough for now. Maybe not.

That's a really good point. If I've learned one thing from watching all those seasons of Hard Knocks it's that head coaches have absolutely no work/life balance.

I can't imagine trying to do it with a family.

This may or may not be true. McDaniel stayed a long time in New England. There has to be a way to keep him a few more years.

Last edited:
Lions 25 points or more in five games in a row .first time since 1954.

Lions last five games 2022 (4-1 stretch)

At Bears?.31-30
At NYG?...31-18
Bills????25-28
Jags???..40-14
Minnesota.34-23

Lions 1954. (9-2-1) lost in NFL championship game they had win the previous 2 titles.
October 16th ?Baltimore won 35-0.
October 24th @ SF lost 31-37.
October 31th @ LA won 27-24.
Nov.6. @ Baltimore won 27-3.
Nov 14 SF?????won 48-7.
(4-1 stretch)

Last edited:
Back