Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Cardinals @ Lions Thread

Igwebuke keeps fumbling.

Swift is cheap two more years and helps passing game

Roll with Swift, Williams and Reynolds and Igwebuke for kr

Craig Reynolds...is that his name? Now has the same amount of 20+ yard rush plays as Swift does for the entire season.

Reynolds and Igwebuke have the same number of big plays as Swift/Williams for the season.

Proving my stance that you can put any scrub you want in the backfield when you have a decent oline.

Trade swift....roll with Williams + scrub.

Maybe the + scrub is Swift?

Igwebuke keeps fumbling.

Swift is cheap two more years and helps passing game

Roll with Swift, Williams and Reynolds and Igwebuke for kr

Numbers will tell you the passing game has been better with Swift out....and Hock for that matter. Crazy what can happen when Goof's not so quick to dump down to his RB/TEs.

If you want any value out of Swift you need to trade him now while he still has 2 years left (they probably wont). But you wait a year and the pick value you get in return goes down drastically.

Numbers will tell you the passing game has been better with Swift out....and Hock for that matter. Crazy what can happen when Goof's not so quick to dump down to his RB/TEs.

If you want any value out of Swift you need to trade him now while he still has 2 years left (they probably wont). But you wait a year and the pick value you get in return goes down drastically.

Part of that was Goff not trusting his WR's. Even if we get Swift back, Goff has shown much more trust in his guys. Swift is already one of the best receiving RB's in the league and has been solid running the ball and is our only home run hitter at RB. I love Jamaal Williams and his energy is infectious, but Reynolds has outplayed him for sure. Lets see how Reynolds finishes this year out, but going into next year I could see Swift/Reynolds splitting work with Jamaal sprinkled in.

PFF Fantasy Football
@PFF_Fantasy
Craig Reynolds leads the NFL with 171 rushing yards after contact over the last 2 weeks

PFF
@PFF
The Lions have signed RB Craig Reynolds from the practice squad to the 53-man roster, per
@DougKyed

Reynolds: 88.3 PFF Grade over the last 2 weeks (1st among RBs) ????

According to PFF he has been the best back in the league over the last two weeks. This guy is definitely impressing me and making a case for a larger role in 2022.

Williams is much more reliable when you need a yard, he hits the line swift tends to hesitate for a split second. I would never give it to swift on a run play at 3rd and 1

Last edited:
Williams is much more reliable when you need a yard, he hits the line swift tends to hesitate for a split second. I would never give it to swift on a run play at 3rd and 1

I'm not disagreeing with you one bit. Craig Reynolds on the other hand always seems to be falling forward and has a knack for breaking tackles. IMO both of his last game have been better then any of Jamaals this year. I am one of Jamaal's biggest supporters. He was one of my top targets in FA last year as a do it all back who is just a very solid player. Then his personality made me really like this guy as he is just a great player to be around and is awesome having on this team. He has even be the solid player I expected him to be. Craig Reynolds has been fantastic though. Maybe Reynolds fades down the stretch and winds up being a nobody, who knows, but at this moment that guy is playing like an absolute stud.

I'm not disagreeing with you one bit. Craig Reynolds on the other hand always seems to be falling forward and has a knack for breaking tackles. IMO both of his last game have been better then any of Jamaals this year. I am one of Jamaal's biggest supporters. He was one of my top targets in FA last year as a do it all back who is just a very solid player. Then his personality made me really like this guy as he is just a great player to be around and is awesome having on this team. He has even be the solid player I expected him to be. Craig Reynolds has been fantastic though. Maybe Reynolds fades down the stretch and winds up being a nobody, who knows, but at this moment that guy is playing like an absolute stud.

Just weird where teams find guys. Reynolds played at Kutztown University. Had one 1,000 yard year as a sophomore. You would think he would have torn up the small college ranks but he had just over 4,000 scrimmage yards in 41 games. 44 total TD's. Fairly pedestrian stats. But here he is in the NFL now.....showing solid burst and vision. I don't think he could do it for 17 games.....but there is absolutely no reason not to have this guy part of the 53 man roster next year. He looks a lot better with the ball than Jefferson does and Igwuebuke can't be trusted at this point.

Just goes to show you the value of RB's now.

I don't think it's a matter of fading......but I would be really shocked if this guy could do it over the course of a season. That's the issue with almost ALL NFL backs now.....the game is so violent that guys that run like him just cannot last 16-17 games.

Reynolds really hasn't done anything but practice since he was in college in 2018. He's fresh, healthy. Let's see what happens when the rigors of carrying the ball 20 times in an NFL game take a toll on his body. The good news for him is he's a big guy.....5'11 221.

I'm rooting for him. If he had better top end speed he might have 300 yards the last 2 weeks, not 200!!!

i love swift. Im just making the case that if your plan is to move him at some point...you need to do it now with 2 years left. Im perfectly fine going into next year with Swift, Williams and Reynolds. For god sakes put Swift and Williams on the field together more!

i love swift. Im just making the case that if your plan is to move him at some point...you need to do it now with 2 years left. Im perfectly fine going into next year with Swift, Williams and Reynolds. For god sakes put Swift and Williams on the field together more!

I personally want to keep Swift. Swift can be just as good as Kamara and those guys can be matchup nightmares. Once we actually have a WR that demands attention from a defense and forces double coverage it will open up a lot more. Imagine if we got a guy like Allen Robinson and drafted say Jameson Williams. Most downs Robinson is would be bracketed. Jameson would also demand a safety over the top on a lot of plays. That would leave guys like St Brown, Hockenson, and Swift one of one the majority of plays. Give me Hockenson on most LBers and safeties or Swift one on one with a LBer.

Swift is cheap and makes the team better. I get the trade arguments but Jamaal a fa after 2022. Give me Swift two more years

Riley Patterson nfc special team player of week. May have found a good kicker off the scrap heap. Former patriot even and we all love those guys

I personally want to keep Swift. Swift can be just as good as Kamara and those guys can be matchup nightmares. Once we actually have a WR that demands attention from a defense and forces double coverage it will open up a lot more. Imagine if we got a guy like Allen Robinson and drafted say Jameson Williams. Most downs Robinson is would be bracketed. Jameson would also demand a safety over the top on a lot of plays. That would leave guys like St Brown, Hockenson, and Swift one of one the majority of plays. Give me Hockenson on most LBers and safeties or Swift one on one with a LBer.

Agreed. Swift is more of a weapon than any player we currently have.

Nothing wrong with having a RB trio of Swift, Williams and Reynolds.

People keep talking about Swift, but Jamaal Williams would be the more likely trade bait. He?s the oldest, and has the biggest contract. If we have young cheap guys, then we need to keep them. Also Reynolds and Williams are similar runners. Swift brings a different flavor. (I want to keep all though)

Agreed. Swift is more of a weapon than any player we currently have.

Nothing wrong with having a RB trio of Swift, Williams and Reynolds.

There?s something wrong w the trio when I?m trying to build my fantasy teams!

People keep talking about Swift, but Jamaal Williams would be the more likely trade bait. He?s the oldest, and has the biggest contract. If we have young cheap guys, then we need to keep them. Also Reynolds and Williams are similar runners. Swift brings a different flavor. (I want to keep all though)

Older guy on a richer contract....that is not ideal trade bait. Young guy with more skill on a cheaper multi year contract...thats something you might get value for back in return. Not much....but some.

Older guy on a richer contract....that is not ideal trade bait. Young guy with more skill on a cheaper multi year contract...thats something you might get value for back in return. Not much....but some.

It is also not the ideal situation when the guy with the bigger contract is the #2... and with Reynolds he might actually now be #3.

Still, as we have experienced far too often, injuries can really impact one position hard, especially at RB... so having 3 solid options these days is damn near a requirement

That?s kind of my point on why we keep him though. You yourself just pointed out a skilled young guy on a cheap contract holds value. So it?s valuable to us as well. I don?t understand trading a 22 year old for basically the same value of a pick we used it on. People pointed out Miami earlier in the year. But that strategy doesn?t look so hot right now.

That?s kind of my point on why we keep him though. You yourself just pointed out a skilled young guy on a cheap contract holds value. So it?s valuable to us as well. I don?t understand trading a 22 year old for basically the same value of a pick we used it on. People pointed out Miami earlier in the year. But that strategy doesn?t look so hot right now.

If you don?t trade him while the value is high, you?ll be stuck paying premium at the RB position or letting him walk for nothing. Might as well trade him now for a player who can contribute on a rookie deal 2-4 years down the road.

Grabbing an RB in the draft to replace Swift only makes sense if they are willing to use a pick on KW3, or maybe HH. It has to be someone who has that level of potential production. Just grabbing any RB does not help. At that point they are better off using their picks to fill areas of true need and then picking up multiple RBs as UDFAs and seeing of any have potential to stick like Netflix has. It is rare, but if you cycle through enough hay, you might find more than one needle.

If you don?t trade him while the value is high, you?ll be stuck paying premium at the RB position or letting him walk for nothing. Might as well trade him now for a player who can contribute on a rookie deal 2-4 years down the road.

Yeah except this is real life and not Madden. No matter what franchise you are good or bad you can swing and miss on that said prospect. So you should be more likely to take a player you already know is a solid player in this league, over a complete unknown. 2nd rounders don?t hit as much as you all think.

Back