Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Cardinals @ Lions Thread

No problem.

If the Lions can trade down I honestly wouldn't hate a WR around the 8-14 range if they Lions get a pick around there. Burks seems to be right around there. Jameson Williams is all over the place at this point in mocks, no clue where he might end up. The OSU receivers seem to be on the smaller side, though I haven't watched them much.

I want Jameson Williams. I know a WR isn?t the right choice at #1 or #2, but in a trade down scenario he should be the target.

I want Jameson Williams. I know a WR isn?t the right choice at #1 or #2, but in a trade down scenario he should be the target.

He's absolutely the right pick if he's still there with the rams pick.... not a chance in he'll that happens imo. He goes top 10. Lions win out... Williams is the pick lol.

It?s early, but I?m in the same boat. Reynolds is starting to make me think twice about spending up on a WR though. Still would like getting a Allen Robinson or Mike Williams, but at what they will cost maybe we invest somewhere else like a Dt/3-4 DE.

If Lions win out, is anyone opposed to using both R1 picks to jump up and get Hutch?

I legit get we need as many picks as possible, but the leadership plus talent Hutch brings is very difficult to come by IMO.

Looking like the absolute worst case scenario is pick 8. Difficult to tell with games still to play this week.

Jags and Jets still have a game
Bears play both Giants and Seahawks
Lions also play the Seahawks

Lions SoS should come down the next two weeks, but will still be on the higher end. If there are no other tie games among the bottom 8, this shouldn't matter.

If Lions win out, is anyone opposed to using both R1 picks to jump up and get Hutch?

I legit get we need as many picks as possible, but the leadership plus talent Hutch brings is very difficult to come by IMO.

Aside from the sheer quantity of talent the Lions need, I'm hesitant to give up more draft capital on one player with the Lions injury luck.

If the Lions end up picking around 5, I might jump on the Kyle Hamilton train if the knee injury is nothing serious (sounds like it isn't).

Holy shit?..is he your lover? Brother? Do you win something if he becomes a Lion?

We?re 5 months from the draft and Hutch?s dick is so far up your ass it?s visible when you open your mouth.

We get it. You want him to be a Lion.

Holy shit?..is he your lover? Brother? Do you win something if he becomes a Lion?

We?re 5 months from the draft and Hutch?s dick is so far up your ass it?s visible when you open your mouth.

We get it. You want him to be a Lion.

Ha...funny.

Name a better leader in the draft. Lions need a leader like him. If you know of another who is equal or better, I will gladly be open to drafting them.

Present them.

Ha...funny.

Name a better leader in the draft. Lions need a leader like him. If you know of another who is equal or better, I will gladly be open to drafting them.

Present them.

Too many needs to use of our firsts.

Ha...funny.

Present them.

I would love Hutchinson, but I am not giving any draft capital to get him. I highly doubt we beat Green Bay in week 18. They will likely need to win to get the #1 seed and that would be an even bigger upset than beating the Cardinals. Going into Atlanta and winning is also going to be tough when they need to win to keep there playoffs hopes alive. Seattle is also one of the toughest places to play. 1-2 to finish the season is probably realistic with an outside shot of 2-1 or 0-3.

3-13-1 likely puts us at the 3rd pick. The Jags picking at 1 do not really need a pass rusher. They have taken a pass rusher in the 1st round in 2 of the last three years. What they desperately need is a OT to help protect Lawrence and Neal is good enough to go #1. Texans could use a pass rusher, but they will need a QB much more. It is possible they grab a QB at 2, but even if they go pass rusher they may go Thibodeaux over Hutchinson. We are way too far away from the draft to really know how any of this will likely play out so I wouldn?t stress out over Hutchinson just yet.

Ha...funny.

Present them.

there are over 7500 division one football players...and you think Hutch is the best leader of the bunch? How do you even know he is a great leader? Where was his great leadership last year and the year before?

back to the game. That was the first Lions game I watched from start to finish in a few years. They looked pretty good. Goof wasn't terrible. He made some good throws and had a few terrible ones as well. The running game was effective. St Brown and Reynolds could be decent #3 type WRs down the road.

Craig Reynolds...is that his name? Now has the same amount of 20+ yard rush plays as Swift does for the entire season.

Reynolds and Igwebuke have the same number of big plays as Swift/Williams for the season.

Proving my stance that you can put any scrub you want in the backfield when you have a decent oline.

Trade swift....roll with Williams + scrub.

Back