Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Cardinals @ Lions Thread

This was downright competent today. They played really hard and didn't shoot themselves in the foot. Actually fun to watch.

Reynolds was a great mid season pickup. Him amd St Brown paired with an alpha wr either through the draft or free agent and the receiver room could suddenly be a strength next year

He's a great 2... like marvin was. St brown a perfect slot. Need that outside the hash 1.

Reynolds was a great mid season pickup. Him amd St Brown paired with an alpha wr either through the draft or free agent and the receiver room could suddenly be a strength next year

I?d be ok with Rams pick WR, Amon-Ra, Reynolds, and Hock next year. Not elite but definitely serviceable.

I?d be ok with Rams pick WR, Amon-Ra, Reynolds, and Hock next year. Not elite but definitely serviceable.

No. No way.

Need to get a playmaker. And that WR group you mentioned is razor thin and lacks top end talent. You get an injury or 2 and you?re right back to crap on crap. We beat an Arizona team that isn?t very good in M2M coverage. It?s nice, but it doesn?t change the fact our WR room needs more talent.

Reynolds is making me think if we were offered something really good for Swift it would be worth it. I didn?t think that 2 weeks ago.

I don?t know where you pick a WR but they need to try and get one. I?d be ok With drafting defense, defense.

No. No way.

Need to get a playmaker. And that WR group you mentioned is razor thin and lacks top end talent. You get an injury or 2 and you?re right back to crap on crap. We beat an Arizona team that isn?t very good in M2M coverage. It?s nice, but it doesn?t change the fact our WR room needs more talent.

Reynolds is making me think if we were offered something really good for Swift it would be worth it. I didn?t think that 2 weeks ago.

A mid-late 1st round pick isn't top-end talent?

I don?t think you can count out a a Cephus either who was looking like our best WR until he got hurt. I think he can be a solid to serviceable #2 and makes for great depth. I still would like to see a very good bet brought in plus a WR in the top two rounds. Never want another season with WRs like this.

Overall great team win and confidence builder today. This staff has been very impressive to me with what they have dealt with this year. Think with all the draft picks we have and the cap space that this team could be pretty decent next year if Goff can play like he has recently.

Is it me or does Oruwariye seem like he's figuring it out?

He was around the ball a ton early in the season but was giving up too many catches. Now he is getting his hands on more balls and not giving up nearly as many catches. I honestly thought he was more of a solid #2 guy, but he has been playing like a legit #1 over the past month.

My bad. Read that wrong. Thought you were saying NOT using the late 1st on a WR.

Carry on.

No problem.

If the Lions can trade down I honestly wouldn't hate a WR around the 8-14 range if they Lions get a pick around there. Burks seems to be right around there. Jameson Williams is all over the place at this point in mocks, no clue where he might end up. The OSU receivers seem to be on the smaller side, though I haven't watched them much.

Is it me or does Oruwariye seem like he's figuring it out?

It seems that way.

It?s just too bad that Okudah couldn?t stay healthy and get a chance to do the same. I?m not saying he definitely would have, but no better season to have him work it out. Jacobs, too. I really like the way our DB?s have played this year given the talent level they have.

AO seems to be figuring out when and who he can be aggressive against. On his INT, he broke in front of Green as soon as he saw that throw was going to be a second late. That?s experience.

No problem.

If the Lions can trade down I honestly wouldn't hate a WR around the 8-14 range if they Lions get a pick around there. Burks seems to be right around there. Jameson Williams is all over the place at this point in mocks, no clue where he might end up. The OSU receivers seem to be on the smaller side, though I haven't watched them much.

Williams will end up being the first WR of the board imo.

Of the osu wrs Garret Wilson can play outside and probably is the 2nd WR taken. Burks 3rd. I wouldn't touch olave.... he's just an upgrade over st brown imo.

It seems that way.

It?s just too bad that Okudah couldn?t stay healthy and get a chance to do the same. I?m not saying he definitely would have, but no better season to have him work it out. Jacobs, too. I really like the way our DB?s have played this year given the talent level they have.

AO seems to be figuring out when and who he can be aggressive against. On his INT, he broke in front of Green as soon as he saw that throw was going to be a second late. That?s experience.

Is also partly cause green is done in this league. He has 0 explosiveness at this point.

Back