Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Lions @ Giants Thread

grandy

Detroit Lions (9-4) @ New York Giants (9-4)

Previews
Pride of Detroit
Yahoo
CBS Sports
ESPN
Big Blue View

Injury Report
Link (from Friday)

Lions
C Travis Swanson (concussion) - Out
RB Theo Riddick (wrist) - Doubtful
DE Ezekiel Ansah (ankle) - Questionable
TE Eric Ebron (knee) - Questionable
LB DeAndre Levy (knee) - Questionable
CB Darius Slay (hamstring) - Questionable
RB Zach Zenner (concussion) - Questionable

Giants
DE Jason Pierre-Paul (core muscle) - Out
LB Keenan Robinson (shoulder) - Questionable
S Nat Berhe (concussion) - Questionable
RB Shane Vereen (concussion) - Questionable

Series History
Link
The Lions are 21-20-1 against the Giants
Last Game: 9/8/2014, Lions 35 Giants 14
Last Win in New York: 10/24/2004, Lions 28 Giants 13
Recent Games: The Giants have won 3 of the last 4 games

Sadly, I think injuries and luck catch up with us today. Stafford will play ok, but unfortunately that finger injury will show it's not as "ok" as has been mentioned this week.

I don't expect us to get blown out.....but we won't make enough plays on either side of the ball to stay in it.

27-16 Giants

Hope I'm wrong.

Lions aren't winning this one unless the defense @ ST scores 3 td's...If the bears could upset the packers today that would be great...

This is the one we need to steal. Next week is MNF and we all know how great we perform on the road against a winning team on National TV. I still don't see anything other than a winner take all game vs. GB in week 17.

Only my third game I've been able to watch this year. I think the Dallas game is more winnable than people think. This is the game I am more worried about. Giants defense could eat us up.

Dallas might be coming down to earth a bit.

Sadly, I think injuries and luck catch up with us today. Stafford will play ok, but unfortunately that finger injury will show it's not as "ok" as has been mentioned this week.

I don't expect us to get blown out.....but we won't make enough plays on either side of the ball to stay in it.

27-16 Giants

Hope I'm wrong.

I'm with ya. I don't think the offense will get in the end zone much today and the defense will give up more than 20 points. I like your score as well 27-16. Hopefully the Lions continue to shock us. It would be damn nice to already have those 10 wins with 2 games remaining. The defense or special teams needs to get us some points or create a few short fields today.

I think this is are hardest game left with Dallas being the one we most likely win. I really don't want a winner take all vs GB.

If we could a taken that damn week 2 game against the Titans we'd have those 10 wins and I'd be feeling a whole lot better right now. Refs screwed us early this year rather than later with those 3 TDs they took off the board.

Not showing the game on CBS in my area now, pathetic

I feel ya. If the Cardinals play in the afternoon FOX doesn't show the early game. So the only game I get today is the eliminated Cardinals and the virtually eliminated Saints.

Back