Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Lions @ Jets Thread

Goff misses 1 deep throw and all of you idiots just ignore the good plays he made. I just will never understand Lions fans.

He was pretty terrible today. 3 points from the offense thru 3.9 qtrs. He was awful actually.

Last edited:
Speaking of terrible. Just stop giving the ball to Jamaal Williams inside the 20s. Stop it. It's a waste of a play... every play.

He was pretty terrible today. 3 points from the offense thru 3.9 qtrs. He was awful actually.

I need my man Hughes on the draft QB early ship. I?m on an island by myself, it?s lonely brother.

Tell me you're an idiot without telling me you're an idiot

Lol call it whatever you want. But 22/37 for 201 yds 0tds and losing thru 3.9 qtrs to a Wilson led jets team by only scoring 3 points.... Is a special kind of terrible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 503
I need my man Hughes on the draft QB early ship. I?m on an island by myself, it?s lonely brother.

If Carter and Anderson are gone. You have to go qb or trade down. There is 0 other value in the top 5.... you'd be losing value if you picked anything else.

Lol call it whatever you want. But 22/37 for 201 yds 0tds and losing thru 3.9 qtrs to a Wilson led jets team by only scoring 3 points.... Is a special kind of terrible.

23-38 252 1 td 0 int against a top 5 defense on the road. If that's an off game give the man an extension now.

Hey the Jets defense is no joke. It was always going to be a battle. The O-line had probably their worst game of the year. They didn't give up a sack sure but the run and pass blocking left much to be desired. Let's hope this "illness" that keeps showing up on the injury report is resolved soon...I don't want to be 9-7 then lay at turd Lambeau....

Last edited:
At Dallas and at new England were subpar games. That was when EVERY wr was out. Sometimes lions fans amaze me how little they know football.

I don't think the guy who called Darius Slay "average at best" DURING his All Pro year has any room to talk about what other people know about football.

Hey the Jets defense is no joke. It was always going to be a battle. The O-line had probably their worst game of the year. They didn't give up a sack sure but the run and pass blocking left much to be desired. Let's hope this "illness" that keeps showing up on the injury report is resolved soon...I don't want to be 9-7 then lay at turd Lambeau....

Jets defense is for real.....but we didn't execute on a high level offensively, either.

Evan Brown was playing FOR the Jets during one drive......Goff was just average.....Ben only brought his conservative playbook to NY with him.....Jamal Williams looks worn out and Okudah probably had his worst game of the year.

I am a bit worried that Goff won't be able to utilize Jameson downfield because he doesn't seem to have the arm to get it to him past 40 yards. That is something that might come with time, though.

Carolina doesn't have NEARLY the defense that the Jets do, so lets hope we fix a few things this week, maybe get Jameson a bit more involved in the offense and run the ball effectively so our play action is more effective.

Because you are right.....if we do happen to take care of business the next 2 weeks......laying a giant heaping pile of shit on the frozen tundra is a real possibility.

I don't think the guy who called Darius Slay "average at best" DURING his All Pro year has any room to talk about what other people know about football.

Great cb's don't repeatedly give up 3rd down conversions to wrs like Anthony Miller, they don't even get tested. He was good with detroit, not elite. Even if my take was bad, it doesn't change the fact that you're dying on the dumbest hill. I wasn't a Goff fan at all when we got him, but other than a couple deep ball incompletions the guy has been elite. At least I knew slay wasn't the problem, I just didn't think he was as good as you think he was.

Goff had the 2nd most net passing yards vs jets d this year. Passed for 60 yards more than their average allowed. Did he REALLY have that bad of a game?

Slay has been 10th-16th range in CB grades most seasons 2015-218. So pretty good just not elite I guess

Down year in 2019 (and got traded for disagreeing with Patricia but this got us Jonah Jackson) 86th and average year in 2020 too with Eagles 56th. Elite as 4th overall last year in 2021. Good this year at 13th overall (6th in coverage)

He's pretty good but not quite elite I would say. Detroit could use a pretty good CB but Okudah is growing into one I hope. Okudah is above average/sometimes good right now in coverage with really good run defense though after 2 injured years. Jacobs is a bulldog as CB2 but Lions will look to add a CB2 and a nickel in offseason.

Goff had the 2nd most net passing yards vs jets d this year. Passed for 60 yards more than their average allowed. Did he REALLY have that bad of a game?

He was fine as a game manager in this one I would say with 250 yards and a TD. He didn't have any should be int throws either or bad pocket presence. No sacks was huge. The Brown holds and 4 failed runs on first drive didn't get us 2 TDs in the red zone (but got the PR to make up for it). The FG drive after the pick could have been better and some others in the second half too.

Lions got through it. Hopefully he has a big day against the Panthers or Lions find their running game again. That lack of running game is more concerning

PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Hutch 83.4
Amon-Ra 82.7
Raymond 79.5
McNeill 78.6
Sewell 78.1

Bottom 5 Overall
Jarrad Davis 32.2
Justin Jackson 38.6
Benito Jones 42.4