Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Lions @ Titans Thread

My family is smart enough to support the Lions and know they have a chance to be good. We would watch the game. Unlike baseball, where would rather do anything else than watch the game.
Maybe in someone else's lifetime.

Maybe in someone else's lifetime.

1 or 2 years. Can change 10 starters and coaching staff in a year. Maybe this upcoming season. Real tough schedule coming though

Tigers will be 100 years.

And that's why you guys are a joke for that second part. Do you understand now?

What is it about the past performance of the Lions since 1964 that indicates to you that they are going to improve dramatically as an organization and become more like the Steelers, Packers, and Patriots and less like the Cardinals and Browns?

What is it about the past performance of the Lions since 1964 that indicates to you that they are going to improve dramatically as an organization and become more like the Steelers, Packers, and Patriots and less like the Cardinals and Browns?

Those years have nothing to do with next year in football where you can change quickly. we are getting a new GM and coaching staff by the way and can change like 10 starters in a year. And those people have nothing to do with the Lions

I know you all will hate them instantly because that is what you do. Blindly hate on this team. I am the voice of reason and rational and know why things succeeded or didn't.

Last edited:
1 or 2 years. Can change 10 starters and coaching staff in a year. Maybe this upcoming season. Real tough schedule coming though

Tigers will be 100 years.

so it can be done in 1 or 2 years, yet the Lions have been unsuccessful for the past 6 decades?

I find it funny that you claim the Lions will get better but you have no idea who the coaches will be, who will be the GM, and have no idea who will be on the team this year or for the next 3 years. Hell, they may have a rookie QB starting next year.

In baseball, with the minor league system, a fan at least has something to go on. I have no idea if any of their prospects are going to good, but at least we know who they are.

You are making assumptions about the Lions and have no idea who will be on the team or who will be running it.

Those years have nothing to do with next year in football where you can change quickly. we are getting a new GM and coaching staff by the way and can change like 10 starters in a year. And those people have nothing to do with the Lions

I know you all will hate them instantly because that is what you do. Blindly hate on this team. I am the voice of reason and rational and know why things succeeded or didn't.

Excuse me, but 56 seasons of largely inept player drafts and free-agent selections, (and letting talent leave) ingrained organizational disfunction, constant coach-shuffling, internal strife, and disgruntled star players who retire early tends to wear on a person, especially when the organization itself repeats the same mistakes in six decades and refuses to acknowledge its own failure.

"You deserve a winning team," ain't enough to assuage all that anguish.

so it can be done in 1 or 2 years, yet the Lions have been unsuccessful for the past 6 decades?

I find it funny that you claim the Lions will get better but you have no idea who the coaches will be, who will be the GM, and have no idea who will be on the team this year or for the next 3 years. Hell, they may have a rookie QB starting next year.

In baseball, with the minor league system, a fan at least has something to go on. I have no idea if any of their prospects are going to good, but at least we know who they are. Hence why I was faceitiously mocking you all with the Tigers.

You are making assumptions about the Lions and have no idea who will be on the team or who will be running it.

Farm system is like the draft crap shoot

And you just proved my point. You have no idea new GM or HC. yet you are saying because of other Lions teams (which aren't that related) they will fail.

It CAN be turned around in one year in football. Lions have to execute with new GOOD GM and new GOOD HC. But it CAN be done. Lions do have SOME good talent on this team to build around and a HOF QB

Last edited:
Excuse me, but 56 seasons of largely inept player drafts and free-agent selections, (and letting talent leave) ingrained organizational disfunction, constant coach-shuffling, internal strife, and disgruntled star players who retire early tends to wear on a person, especially when the organization itself repeats the same mistakes in six decades and refuses to acknowledge its own failure.

"You deserve a winning team," ain't enough to assuage all that anguish.

None of that matters with a new GM and Head coach. None. And there is very talented players on this roster that can help the Lions win. Every year is different. And it CAN be turned around quickly in the NFL. NFL Not for Long nickname

None of that matters with a new GM and Head coach. None.

The same ownership is holding the football.

giphy.gif

And there is very talented players on this roster that can help the Lions win. Every year is different. And it CAN be turned around quickly in the NFL. NFL Not for Long nickname

Well, in so far as even appearing in a Super Bowl, the NFL = "Never for Lions."

Farm system is like the draft crap shoot

And you just proved my point. You have no idea new GM or HC. yet you are saying because of other Lions teams (which aren't that related) they will fail.

It CAN be turned around in one year in football. Lions have to execute with new GOOD GM and new GOOD HC. But it CAN be done. Lions do have SOME good talent on this team to build around and a HOF QB

I never said that it can't be done. I just said that the Lions haven't been able to do it at any point over the past 60 years.

As far as talent, they have very little. And they don't have a HOF QB...they have Matt Stafford. He is serviceable, but certainly not a HOF QB.

There are currently 26 modern day QBs in the HOF. There are only 5 QBs in the HOF that never won a SB.

Dan Fouts: 3 playoff wins
Jim Kelly: 9 playoff wins
Dan Marino: 8 playoff wins
Warren Moon: 3 playoff wins
Fran Tarkenton: 6 playoff wins

Matt Stafford: 0 playoff wins :cheers:

You are insuiating lions cant so it because of their history..which is dumb

you are insinuating that the Lions can do it with no reasoning whatsoever...which is even dumber.

You are saying: "I've never won the lottery, so it's going to happen this year"

Lions doubters are saying: "I've never won the lottery, so it's not going to happen this year"

Both could be wrong, but history is on the side of the Lions doubters.

Last edited:

I am claiming that THIS ownership group will never succeed in winning a Super Bowl Championship, based PRESENT performance that has NEVER CHANGED in FIFTY SIX SEASONS. It's the SAME OLD LIONS.

So it was dumb for the Lions to fire Patricia and the previous head coaches it has hired and fired since 1964 because of "their" history of failure. At any time, they could have "turned it around."

you are insinuating that the Lions can do it with no reasoning whatsoever...which is even dumber.

You are saying: "I've never won the lottery, so it's going to happen this year"

Lions doubters are saying: "I've never won the lottery, so it's not going to happen this year"

Both could be wrong, but history is on the side of the Lions doubters.

LOL I gave plenty of reasoning

Many teams have done it
Lions have a really really good QB and some other talent
They will have the cap space and abilitiy to change 10 starters
New GM can make better choices than slow LBs and DBs and two gapping Dline
Offense potential still really really good with building blocks but need to figure out WR
Injuries cost them this year. They CAN be healthier. It's luck of the draw and different every year. Give us injuries like Green Bay has this year (Linsley and Taylor and few other bumps for some guys but nothing major) and Detroit would be golden. Like if ZDarius Smith misses most of the season like Flowers and Hunter have for the Lions/Vikings, things are a bit different in Green Bay for sure.

Lions CAN turn it around quickly. Will they. Well it will be fun to find out in the next year or two.

Last edited:
Lions blow. They're not unlucky. Bears was a true loss by your logic so 4-10. That means suck.

Lions blow. They're not unlucky. Bears was a true loss by your logic so 4-10. That means suck.

Bears not a tru loss by my logic. None of Lions wins were. Lions had more injuries than oppoennt and refs never messed up in our favor. So try again

Bears not a tru loss by my logic. None of Lions wins were. Lions had more injuries than oppoennt and refs never messed up in our favor. So try again

New Orleans more injuries than us by far. We suck.

Back