Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Lions @ Titans Thread

Lions have had more success than the Tigers

Lions have 4 NFL championships. A 1984 fluke World Series is nothing

The Tigers also have 4 World Series Championships. The 1984 Tigers were 7-1 in the post season and were one of of FIVE teams in MLB HISTORY win a pennant wire-to-wire. Nothing fluky about that team. Quite the opposite.

You should have way more hope in a quick changing NFL than slow ass baseball. Baseball sucks anyway. Watch marble racing is more entertaining. baseball will die once everyone over 50 is gone

I project that the NFL will wither long before baseball because kids will stop playing it out of preservation.

Baseball is the most sublime game there is, and I'll remind you that it is older than football.

LOL Baseball is the most boring sport. Old people fall asleep in their recliners watching it. You go to games to drink and talk and not even bother watching the game. Baseball is worthless compared to football

And nobody cares about 1984

Lions 6 playoffs in 90s and more recent success than Tigers too

Lions can quickly turn things around. Tigers can't and won't

Last edited:

You should have way more hope in a quick changing NFL than slow ass baseball. Baseball sucks anyway. Watch marble racing is more entertaining. baseball will die once everyone over 50 is gone
You really know Tigers' history don't you. Lol.

The Tigers also have 4 World Series Championships. The 1984 Tigers were 7-1 in the post season and were one of of FIVE teams in MLB HISTORY win a pennant wire-to-wire. Nothing fluky about that team. Quite the opposite.

I project that the NFL will wither long before baseball because kids will stop playing it out of preservation.

That's a great point about football. While I doubt it goes away, I do think the game will change dramatically. Hell, it already has just over the past 10-15 years. This is why passing stats are out of whack...it's just so easy now. Even slightly above average QBs have ratings around 100. The WRs get to run free and nobody can touch the QB. It will only get worse.

LOL Baseball is the most boring sport. Old people fall asleep in their recliners watching it. You go to games to drink and talk and not even bother watching the game. Baseball is worthless compared to football

63 years is not quick.

How was 1984 a fluke? Most wins in MLB and a 7-1 postseason record.

That's a great point about football. While I doubt it goes away, I do think the game will change dramatically. Hell, it already has just over the past 10-15 years. This is why passing stats are out of whack...it's just so easy now. Even slightly above average QBs have ratings around 100. The WRs get to run free and nobody can touch the QB. It will only get worse.

I strongly support equipping a QB with flags. Just prohibit contact of any kind.

Tigers have been garbage and have no talented players. But go ahead and act like they are better than the Lions

Lions showed success and promise way more recently. And Lions are making the change to have success. Tigers are doing nothing. Farm system will be ready in like 10 years but they suck. The jump from farm to MLB is super difficult. Tigers won't win for 100 years. Lions will win within 5

6 playoffs in the 90's but only one win. Zero playoff wins since 1991. What a success story.

The great thing about sports and entertainment...we get to choose what we spend our money on. Some people like to spend a few hundred bucks and go to an NFL game. Sit next to losers wearing a jersey with their idol's name and number on the back, screaming like idiots. Others enjoy spending a few hours sitting in the sun, enjoying the company of friends and family, while they casually watch a baseball game.

To each their own I guess.

All I'm doing is saying what you say about the Lions about the Tigers. And you don't like it because you are old ass baseball fans

6 playoffs in the 90's but only one win. Zero playoff wins since 1991. What a success story.

The great thing about sports and entertainment...we get to choose what we spend our money on. Some people like to spend a few hundred bucks and go to an NFL game. Sit next to losers wearing a jersey with their idol's name and number on the back, screaming like idiots. Others enjoy spending a few hours sitting in the sun, enjoying the company of friends and family, while they casually watch a baseball game.

To each their own I guess.

Football is worth watching. Baseball is not worth watching the actual game is the point. I can take my family anywhere else to have the same experience of spending time with them. Football is about the game. Especially in the summer. Fuck sitting in the stadium on a beautfiul summer day.

LOL losers in Tigers jerseys you mean

Last edited:
Lions can turn it around in 1 season. Not 3

See 2013 to 2014 Lions, 2015 to 2016 Lions and if healthier Detroit would have been really good last two seasons.

I'll give you 2013-14. 2015-16 was a two-game swing. And they lost in the WC both seasons.

But Lions will turn it around in one season. Tigers are 100 years away right now.

I think that the Tigers will be good again before the year 2120. I am not confident that the Lions will be.

Last edited:
Football is worth watching. Baseball is not worth watching the actual game is the point. I can take my family anywhere else to have the same experience of spending time with them. Football is about the game. Especially in the summer. Fuck sitting in the stadium on a beautfiul summer day.

LOL losers in Tigers jerseys you mean

You couldn't pay me to go to a Lions game, and I rarely go to Tigers games. I prefer going to minor league games. Typically, we go to a few innings then grab dinner. It's a nice way to spend time with your family. Of course, if you act like this all of the time, your family would probably prefer that you go to football games by yourself.

I'll give you 2013-14. 2015-16 was a two-game swing. And they lost in the WC both seasons.

I think that the Tigers will be good again before the year 2120. I am not confident that the Lions will be.

And that's why you guys are a joke for that second part. Do you understand now?

I always fine baseball more relaxing. Can't go to games any more not being in Michigan but I enjoy having the game on.

I also enjoyed minor league games. Always had fun at 5th 3rd park in Toledo. Not even sure they call it that any more.

You couldn't pay me to go to a Lions game, and I rarely go to Tigers games. I prefer going to minor league games. Typically, we go to a few innings then grab dinner. It's a nice way to spend time with your family. Of course, if you act like this all of the time, your family would probably prefer that you go to football games by yourself.

My family is smart enough to support the Lions and know they have a chance to be good. We would watch the game. Unlike baseball, where would rather do anything else than watch the game.

Last edited:
Back