Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 16: Lions @ Seahawks Thread

Reynolds is a decent WR...great depth if he isn't starting...a good #3-#4 type guy.

I love Brown. I think he has star potential. He reminds me of a slightly smaller Devante Adams. I don't know if he develops into a top 10 WR but I think he has the potential to produce big numbers.

I honestly did not think a ton of Reynolds either before he got here. Not sure if him and Goff just have that connection, but he was consistently producing like a #2 WR every game with Goff. If wasn't like he was being force fed the ball either, he was making plays after the catch and down the field. I personally would have no problem if he was our #2 WR in 3 WR sets in 2022. Cephus was also playing pretty well before going down this year and I don't think it is a stretch to say he makes for excellent depth as a #4. Add a low tier free agent WR that hasn't had a lot of chances, but possess some upside like Auden Tate/James Washington/etc and let him compete with the rest and see where the chips fall. Obviously still need to add a legit #1, but I like 2-5.

The only red zone weapon we had for most of the year was Hockenson and he was usually doubled. You get a big guy who can go up and get the ball like London and that definitely helps there. I also think St. Brown has shown he can be a weapon in the red zone. Add a #2 TE like Mo Alie Cox who excells in the red zone and I think we will be looking pretty good there with our run game.

On defense it is going to be much more of a challenge. Our LB'ers aren't very good, our DE's struggle setting an edge in the run game and only Charles Harris was been consistent pressuring the QB. Not to mention the need for another safety. I think Glenn is a very god coach, but we need a major talent infusion on defense to make any credible steps forward.

For all we need Holmes might draft more DT's. We need a LB in the worse way.

Lions plays based on 2021 stats
7 top 10 defenses in ppg gb twice, seattle, buf, new england, eagles, dallas
1 average Miami 16th
3 below average with bears twice and carolina
6 bad defense Giants, Vikings twice, Jax, Jets, WFT

Things change but Lions offense has a shot
In 2021 lions faced
6 top 10
4 average
4 below average
3 bad defense

So slighltly easier for 2022 it seems barring changes. Also vikinga and bears could go back to top 10 again to make it real tough

Too early to say.. AFC East looks to be tough. The one thing I know is that everyone of those fan bases are looking forward to playing us. We're most likely the underdogs in most games. Maybe all. We won a lousy 2 games.

Back