Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 16: Packers @ Lions Thread and end of season grades, reviews, etc.

Trading down from 3 is my favorite. I hope Gruden falls in love with Tua and gives us both his 1sts!

people could fall in love with Jeudy, or their top OT, or any of the QBs on the board, Okudah....and the fact theres going to be 4 quality QBs means there could be a lot of movement to "get their guy." Should be fun!

how do you see a solid team? What part of this team is solid?

Depth is actually pretty damn good. OC puts us in good position most of the time. We cover pretty well for a team with NO pass rush.

We?re playing a 12-3 team straight up with 11 starters in street clothes and a QB who was on a practice squad for 10 weeks.

You've said the same a 1000 times over the years.

Gotta live in the moment. He was bad in those offenses and rarely made it out of the top 20 in any statistical category outside of Yards. This year...in this offense...he was great. Inured...but great. And we dont have another option. Get a great QB with the 3rd pick and were still not good. So the only other option is keep stafford and get a quality piece with your #3 or #4 pick....which is obviously what they are doing since they already restructured Stafford.

No I'm saying with him we sucked. Probably had his his best year and we were still bad.
The game against arz was so badly coached its not even funny. That being said...we should have beaten gb and kc. It could easily be argued that some piss poor calls at key points handed them losses. So realistically 5-0 was absolutely a real possibility. Sure that didn't happen but the pieces were all that for it to happen.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

remember when i had Oruwariye as my 2nd rd pick for my mock :D just sayin....

One of the nice value pieces Quin has got in his drafts.

Gotta live in the moment. He was bad in those offenses and rarely made it out of the top 20 in any statistical category outside of Yards. This year...in this offense...he was great. Inured...but great. And we dont have another option. Get a great QB with the 3rd pick and were still not good. So the only other option is keep stafford and get a quality piece with your #3 or #4 pick....which is obviously what they are doing since they already restructured Stafford.
That's what I mean the team is bad. Good year from Matt and the team was still bad. And we'll hoping guys will improve and a possible DE in the draft will change that. That's a lot to ask for.

Wow! Amani impossible last name to spell just did that. Bob Quinn's late picks haven't been bad. His first round picks make me want to set myself on fire.

The game against arz was so badly coached its not even funny. That being said...we should have beaten gb and kc. It could easily be argued that some piss poor calls at key points handed them losses. So realistically 5-0 was absolutely a real possibility. Sure that didn't happen but the pieces were all that for it to happen.

5-0 has always been a possibility from Patricia, Morning whats his name a bunch others.

We’re even with an Aaron Rodgers led GB team and our skill players right now are David Blough, Bo Scarborough, Chris Lacey, Travis Fulgham and Jesse James.

That's what I mean the team is bad. Good year from Matt and the team was still bad. And we'll hoping guys will improve and a possible DE in the draft will change that. That's a lot to ask for.
The defense was bad the first part of the year. Not the offense. But the defensive pieces aren't there. The in game coaching has sucked and the defense is abysmal. But maybe they're putting it together and they just need some playmakers in key places.

The defense was bad the first part of the year. Not the offense. But the defensive pieces aren't there. The in game coaching has sucked and the defense is abysmal. But maybe they're putting it together and they just need some playmakers in key places.

61 years says no. But I have hope, not much and it won't happen next season. One thing I know is Matt is inconsistent, from game to game, quarter to quarter from season to season. He might revert to 2018.

Depth is actually pretty damn good. OC puts us in good position most of the time. We cover pretty well for a team with NO pass rush.

We?re playing a 12-3 team straight up with 11 starters in street clothes and a QB who was on a practice squad for 10 weeks.

so your assessment of this team is based on this single game, ignoring the past 8 losses to mostly shitty teams?

:cheers:

This team's ability to play the same game every week no matter who they are playing or who is playing for them that day is honestly admirable.

Back