Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Commanders @ Lions Thread

One takeaway today and I?ve said it before. St Brown is a legit #1 WR. He?s a straight baller!l

he really is looking good. If Williamson is as good as advertised the offense should be pretty fun to watch. The defense...not so much.

he really is looking good. If Williamson is as good as advertised the offense should be pretty fun to watch. The defense...not so much.

At this point, the defense just needs to be good enough.

I wish the offense was a bit less Jekyll and Hide. The defense is bad enough, couple that with a string of 3 and outs and now you have a bad defense that is gassed, which can snowball quickly.

Obviously would like to see them score every possession, but even a drive with a few first downs that fizzles out has its benefits for the defense.

PFF Grades are out

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Amon-Ra 87.7
Decker 81.8
Board 79.5
Cominsky 78.9
Will Harris 76.5 (what?)

Bottom 5 Overall
Stenberg 43.6
Chark 47
Charles Harris 49.8
Hockenson 50.1
Benito Jones 52.7

Other notables
Sewell 63
Goff 61.6
Rodrigo 74.2
Hutch 57.7
Okudah 67.6

RB
Reynolds 66.1
Swift 60.2
Williams 54

Last edited:
PFF Grades are out

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Amon-Ra 87.7
Decker 81.8
Board 79.5
Cominsky 78.9
Will Harris 76.5 (what?)

Bottom 5 Overall
Stenberg 43.6
Chark 47
Charles Harris 49.8
Hockenson 50.1
Benito Jones 52.7

Other notables
Sewell 63
Goff 61.6
Rodrigo 74.2
Hutch 57.7
Okudah 67.6

RB
Reynolds 66.1
Swift 60.2
Williams 54

I'd say pretty fair from what I saw. Surprised Swift's is that low. Obviously two very different halves of football. One GREAT. One below average. As soon as Hutch got hurt he was completely ineffective. I love that he gave it a go but probably should have sat out and made sure it didn't get worse.

Okudah played a 2nd straight good game. The real test for him comes Sunday against the NFL's best WR. Not sure anyone is going to stop Justin Jefferson.....but I'm excited to see if Okudah can hold his own and win a few battles throughout the game.

Goff's QBR and PFF grades would be a lot better if he didn't have the 2-3 EASY MISSES every game. Missed Chark for a potential TD just before halftime against the Commanders. Missed Reynolds on that deep crossing route against the Eagles. Then there are the throws that he has honestly gotten lucky on. The throw into legit triple coverage on 3rd and 7 yesterday. WTF was that?? There was a defender low, high and inside. The outlet/swing pass to Swift in the 3rd that JUST MISSED being an easy pick 6. He didn't even look to see if there was a defender on Swift. There was. He just threw it. One of these times, soon, those are going to turn in to disasterous plays.

Defense played well enough to win. But this is a team that is so razor thin that they will not to be able to overcome these mistakes against good teams. They also have to stay healthy because they don't have enough talent/depth to make up a large number of injuries. We all saw how the pass rush disappeared as soon as Hutchinson was injured.

I want Board to start over Thor. Anzelone and the DT position are BY FAR our weakest links as a defense and as a team. Anyone ever hear Brockers name called during a game? Me either. McNeil? Nope. Need more production from those positions. Board adds an element of athleticism that AA doesn't have.

I'd say pretty fair from what I saw. Surprised Swift's is that low

I doubt Swift?s ankle issue is going to completely disappear this season, would prefer to see a lighter workload for a least the next few weeks. I want to see more Reynolds, Jamaal just hasn?t been that impressive so far.

I doubt Swift?s ankle issue is going to completely disappear this season, would prefer to see a lighter workload for a least the next few weeks. I want to see more Reynolds, Jamaal just hasn?t been that impressive so far.

My buddies and I were talking about that today. I know Campbell LOVES Williams?..but Reynolds is just better at this point I think. Williams turned a couple of 20 yard gains into 8 yard runs yesterday.

One takeaway today and I?ve said it before. St Brown is a legit #1 WR. He?s a straight baller!l

He?s not. He?s a REALLY good slot WR. I know what you mean but, to me, a #1 is a guy that can line up anywhere and run a full route tree.

Amon Ra can?t. He simply doesn?t have the speed to threaten much past 12-15 yards.

Don?t get me wrong, he might be the best slot guy in the game. Top 5 at least. But he?s no #1. Fantastic playmaker though. Prime Wes Welker potential.

He?s not. He?s a REALLY good slot WR. I know what you mean but, to me, a #1 is a guy that can line up anywhere and run a full route tree.

Amon Ra can?t. He simply doesn?t have the speed to threaten much past 12-15 yards.

Don?t get me wrong, he might be the best slot guy in the game. Top 5 at least. But he?s no #1. Fantastic playmaker though. Prime Wes Welker potential.

You can be a #1 without running the entire route tree. Cooper Kupp is a slot WR and he is definitely a #1

You can be a #1 without running the entire route tree. Cooper Kupp is a slot WR and he is definitely a #1

You might want to watch some Kupp highlights. Guy threatens all levels of the field and runs a full route tree. Plays inside and outside. Has the speed to take the top off as well.

Kupp is a #1.

ASB isn't. And that's ok. Guy is still a stud and a playmaker.

Definitely wouldn't have thought that.

Same here, 100%

I'm wondering if we could be using him on the outside a bit more. The Vikings drafted Jefferson as a slot guy and now they move him all over the place with quite a bit of success.

But on the flip side if it ain't broke...

You might want to watch some Kupp highlights. Guy threatens all levels of the field and runs a full route tree. Plays inside and outside. Has the speed to take the top off as well.

Kupp is a #1.

ASB isn't. And that's ok. Guy is still a stud and a playmaker.

he played inside and outside in college. My guess is Kupp was just a slot guy his first year or two in the league.

FYI, Kupp ran out of the slot 87.2% of the time in 2021

I?ll consider it a moral victory if the Lions lose by less than three scores on Thanksgiving.

Vikings made zero halftime adjustments on defense against the Eagles. Tory has been harping on it all half. Do the Lions have a shot in Minnesota? Jefferson and Theilan getting shutout practically so far. Early 4th.

Last edited:
Freaking Quinn. Trading Slay. Had 2 picks and a bunch of pass break ups tonight.

Back