Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Commanders @ Lions Thread

I?m arguing that a 12 point and 9 point lead is irrelevant at this stage of the game. A FG try at 50 yards is just much risk as going for it on 4th down.

Ok. Agree to disagree. The enemy is the clock. It?s a shorter field try to get a fg.
If Washington has to drive for two td?s there just isn?t enough time in my opinion.
I see it both ways. No real wrong way I guess.

Ok. Agree to disagree. The enemy is the clock. It?s a shorter field try to get a fg.
If Washington has to drive for two td?s there just isn?t enough time in my opinion.
I see it both ways. No real wrong way I guess.

With a fg miss, Washington would have a shorter field by 7 yards too

With a fg miss, Washington would have a shorter field by 7 yards too

Damn.

The Lions won.

After 2 games, they don?t have a losing record - better than some, as good some, not quite as good as others. Statistically as good as or better than 2 out of 3.
Every ?traditionally good? team in their -our team?s division - has started as a dumpster fire.

Anything can happen.

I feel like painting my entire body Hawai?i blue, pouring pineapple juice all over myself, and runnin? around my neighborhood nekked. Maybe let the neighborhood dogs lick the juice off my body. Pineapple juice ain?t bad for dogs, right?

Maybe I?ll cover my junk with something, dunno, will be a game time decision.

Not sure I want neighborhood dogs getting their snouts too close to my junk.

Here?s a cute story.

For a little bit of background, I see that you Lions/NFL fans don?t even have an ?other games thread? on Sundays.

Maybe you?re happy with posting about other games on the lions game thread, OK that?s fine, I?ll deal.

My third or fourth or fifth or sixth favorite person in the world, or baby seventh or eighth, is this guy Alex. He is the guy I buy beer and whiskey from my neighborhood beer and whiskey store.

Anyways, he was all bummed and shit, and saying ?the NFL season is over for me. My team, the Cowboys season is over with Zac Efron out for the season.? I?m thinking maybe Zac Efron is an actor and that isn?t really what he said, I think the cowboy quarterback is Zak something else, but it really doesn?t matter to the story.

So I said to the guy, I said ?well how do you know no that the next cowboy quarterback isn?t going to be the next Tom Brady??

So the guy replacing Dax or Dex or whatever, his name is Spencer Cooper or Spencer Rush or Cooper rush or rush Cooper or something like that, he comes off the bench and quarterback the Cowboys to an upset win!

And the game announcers start speculating that he?s going to be the next Tom Brady!

Is that auspicious, or what?

Last edited:
Rush has played before though and stunk up the joint

Yeah well, so had Tom Brady.

Oh, my B, it was Drew Henson who stunk up the joint.

Anyways we?ll see how Ginger Rush does.

I really don?t expect him to be the next Tom Brady 12.

Or even the next Tom Brady 10.

Which beats Tom Brady 12 x 1,000,000 miles every day of the week.

Our offense is very odd. Im actually surprised we've been scoring much. Virtually no wr or rb screens. Nothing vertical ever... not with tes not with wrs. It's literally just trap run up the gut or throw to st brown the entire game.

Our offense is very odd. Im actually surprised we've been scoring much. Virtually no wr or rb screens. Nothing vertical ever... not with tes not with wrs. It's literally just trap run up the gut or throw to st brown the entire game.

Goff missed the deep shots today. He took nore than i expected

Cant complain much on 121 qb rating though

M hughes looks good

Rush has played before though and stunk up the joint

He's got 2 career starts and won them both with 4th qtr game winning drives. At Minnesota last year and against the defending afc Champs today. If that's stinking up the joint, sign me up

Was going to post exactly this. You're talking out your ass on this one it feels like.

Rush is 2-0. Fire up Chips!

Was going to post exactly this. You're talking out your ass on this one it feels like.

Rush is 2-0. Fire up Chips!

Shouldn?t the Lions get Rush while he?s still a bargain?

Straight up, Goff for Rush!

Someone get Jerry Jones on the dog (that?s cockney slang for phone, in honor of her Majesty, the dead Queen) and I?ll get to drawing up the papers!

Back