Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Lions @ 49ers Thread

Idk anymore....

Staff looked like shit until late in the game..
No run game...
Can't utilize talented players...
Too many drops AGAIN....
Can't stop the run...
Ansah is a joke...
SF tried to give us this game but we're too fucking weak...

No reason for losing to that 49ers team. Sure, some calls were bad but we gotta take advantage. This team is breaking me...

This team is garbage

Fire Quinn

Jarrad Davis is a huge bust who doesn’t stay in his gap

Offense doesn’t live up to potential

Run d and st coverage is a huge joke right now

Run game not fixed. All pass pro oline, no run blockers

This team is garbage

Fire Quinn

Jarrad Davis is a huge bust who doesn?t stay in his gap

Offense doesn?t live up to potential

12-4.
Anything less is injury or refs fucking us

10 is a good floor

Looks like it could be another basement season.

Have to agree. SF didn't look all that good we had many chances.. It could have been a win, maybe should have.

I'm just so bummed. So tired of waited for competent football team to suit up in Detroit. Same old shit from the lions.

This team is garbage

Fire Quinn

Jarrad Davis is a huge bust who doesn?t stay in his gap

Offense doesn?t live up to potential

Look at that, I agree with LKP. Also, Davis isn't talked about much on how terrible he has played. Him and the rest of the front 7 are not playing their gaps. Also, he always reads the play slow and gets to the back late on any play outside of the tackle.

Plus Quinn has performed worse than Mayhew so far in his tenure here.

Look at that, I agree with LKP. Also, Davis isn't talked about much on how terrible he has played. Him and the rest of the front 7 are not playing their gaps. Also, he always reads the play slow and gets to the back late on any play outside of the tackle.

Plus Quinn has performed worse than Mayhew so far in his tenure here.

I loved that Speilman was on commentary today. He pointed out gap failures repeatedly. He is severely underrated as a color commentary guy.

I agree on Speilman as well. He really knows his shit. Maybe we should've brought him in to coach.

Idk anymore....

Staff looked like shit until late in the game..
No run game...
Can't utilize talented players...
Too many drops AGAIN....
Can't stop the run...
Ansah is a joke...
SF tried to give us this game but we're too fucking weak...

No reason for losing to that 49ers team. Sure, some calls were bad but we gotta take advantage. This team is breaking me...

Happens to all of us eventually, give yourself ten more years and you?ll be gray and bitter like the rest of us negative Debbie downers. You can?t be a long time lions fan and not feel defeated most of your life. Mamas don?t like your babies grow up to be lion fans

Is it grey or gray, ahh who gives a shit

Patricia defending his clock management at the end of the first half:

What went into the thinking at the end of the first half and the timeout?
“Actually, that was executed great. I’m not sure how many situations you guys have gone through, but really what we wanted to do was go down and score, first and foremost, at the end of the half. We wanted to make sure that we didn’t give them a lot of time to go back and try to get some points because we had the ball coming out to start the second half. So, we got in range, we got in good position right there. We just have to execute and make sure we have everything that we got there to try to score. But, we did come away with three points, which was positive and that’s kind of what we’re looking for.”

You didn’t think about using one on defense though before that last drive?
“Before the half?”

Yeah, before the half.
“Nope, we wanted to keep them for exactly where we needed them which is exactly where we had them. So, it was great. We moved the ball way down the field. We got into scoring range which is exactly where we wanted to be. So, it was actually perfect.”

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018...-stafford-not-good-enough-secondary-struggles

lol...you are the biggest crybaby on this board. You say I should address the other 50+ posts then immediately start crying about how the refs only make bad calls on the Lions and the NFL's adgenda.

Lol. You mistake crying for being pissed .. I was blaming Jbc nonstop your such a nitwit. The lions should won this game by two touchdowns the 49ers are not that good.

How many posts do I have on the flag ?

1,2,3. That is such a lion play. Yeah I am pissed . It was a weak ass call. You know and I know it. That flag happens on every play. Kittle wasn’t even complaining to the ref. The ref closest to the flag didn’t throw it it came from another ref. So I stand by what I said. Yeah it was a flag. But Fuck that flag. We know for a fact certain teams would not have that flagged throw at them 30 yards away from the play.

They lost because our dumb coach and Jbc do not know how to start games and the offense is so bad because of Jbc. Now Stafford missed so many passes he gets the lions share of the blame. What is wrong with him ? Start the game up Tempo . Send a Roberts out more often in pass plays. Use the pass to set up the run. Stop trying to force the running game.

Last edited:
Davis is a huge issue on defense . He is so fast for a linebacker but we need to figure out way he can’t find his gaps at middle linebacker. So far he is not doing the job. Maybe he would better off the edge instead of in the middle? I know we all expected a lot more from him.

Last edited:
Davis is a huge issue on defense . He is so fast for a linebacker but we need to figure out way he can?t find his gaps at middle linebacker. So far he is not doing the job. Maybe he would better off the edge instead of in the middle? I know we all expected a lot more from him.

This was his draft weakness I found on NFL.com:

Weaknesses

Downhill routes to the ball can be problematic. Will step too far downhill and get trapped in traffic on counters or bounces to the perimeter. Needs to play with more consistent technique and positioning to properly leverage his gaps against gap plays. Lateral scrapes sometimes lack patience forcing him to overrun run fits and open cutback lanes. Sometimes prioritizes attacking blockers too high. Has to get better at seeing and working past the blocker and toward the runner rather than issuing so many physical challenges that get him behind in pursuit. Could improve with greater stick-and-move hand work to keep himself clean. Struggles to free himself when snatched by blocker. Average instincts create inefficiency with early, post-snap movement.

Weaknesses

Downhill routes to the ball can be problematic. Will step too far downhill and get trapped in traffic on counters or bounces to the perimeter. Needs to play with more consistent technique and positioning to properly leverage his gaps against gap plays. Lateral scrapes sometimes lack patience forcing him to overrun run fits and open cutback lanes. Sometimes prioritizes attacking blockers too high. Has to get better at seeing and working past the blocker and toward the runner rather than issuing so many physical challenges that get him behind in pursuit. Could improve with greater stick-and-move hand work to keep himself clean. Struggles to free himself when snatched by blocker. Average instincts create inefficiency with early, post-snap movement.

Dang . I wonder if he could play on the edge. Heck he had 2 sacks and one it was like he was shot out of a cannon he looked so fast. The Defense had 6 sacks and we still lost the game :/
At least Patrica is finding ways to get sacks without ziggy.

Also I wonder what is wrong with Stafford? 26 million a year and he keeps missing the deep pass badly this year . If we figure his issues out maybe we can win some games this year.

Weaknesses

This is Ernie Sims 2.0.

sums it up well

Here it is September and the season is essentially finished. Oh, sure, the percentages still give the Lions a chance. But math doesn’t understand the spirits.

Or the New England Patriots, who will be in Detroit Sunday night to extinguish whatever flicker of optimism you’ve got left.

Then what?

A new coach? A new general manager? A new roster?

None of it matters.

Think about it. Patricia hasn’t forgotten what he learned in New England. Jim Caldwell won a Super Bowl before he got here. Jim Schwartz led a good defense in Tennessee.

You can quibble with their resumes. You can argue that the Fords don’t know how to hire a coach. But, remember, these coaches arrive in our city because they’ve had success.

Then they get here. Slip into the blue and silver. Slip on the headset. Take their spot on the sideline. Stare into the void.

Wide-eyed and dumbfounded.

Heart hopeful. Heart crushed.

It happened again Sunday afternoon, not far from the Pacific Ocean, three time zones away, as another coach fell into a cruel and never-ending space-time continuum.

What now?

It’s time to bow down and apologize. Burn some sage and double-tip the bartender. Shepard the meek across the street and call mom. Every Sunday. And listen. And if you can't call mom, call your second mom, or your third mom, or someone, somewhere who once sacrificed for you.

Do that and next time, just maybe, the referee doesn’t see a holding call as Walker rips down the sideline, as you jump off your couch, as you forget, for a moment, you’re a Lions’ fan, your team pulsating on the sideline, all those Niner fans growing quiet.

Then the flag comes out. And everything returns to normal.

San Francisco fans get to exhale. You get to shake your head, because deep down you knew it was inevitable all along.

Not the flag, but the ending, of another season before it truly got started.

Again.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...t-lions-san-francisco-49-ers-loss/1328766002/

sums it up well

Here it is September and the season is essentially finished. Oh, sure, the percentages still give the Lions a chance. But math doesn?t understand the spirits.

Or the New England Patriots, who will be in Detroit Sunday night to extinguish whatever flicker of optimism you?ve got left.

Then what?

A new coach? A new general manager? A new roster?

None of it matters.

Think about it. Patricia hasn?t forgotten what he learned in New England. Jim Caldwell won a Super Bowl before he got here. Jim Schwartz led a good defense in Tennessee.

You can quibble with their resumes. You can argue that the Fords don?t know how to hire a coach. But, remember, these coaches arrive in our city because they?ve had success.

Then they get here. Slip into the blue and silver. Slip on the headset. Take their spot on the sideline. Stare into the void.

Wide-eyed and dumbfounded.

Heart hopeful. Heart crushed.

It happened again Sunday afternoon, not far from the Pacific Ocean, three time zones away, as another coach fell into a cruel and never-ending space-time continuum.

What now?

It?s time to bow down and apologize. Burn some sage and double-tip the bartender. Shepard the meek across the street and call mom. Every Sunday. And listen. And if you can't call mom, call your second mom, or your third mom, or someone, somewhere who once sacrificed for you.

Do that and next time, just maybe, the referee doesn?t see a holding call as Walker rips down the sideline, as you jump off your couch, as you forget, for a moment, you?re a Lions? fan, your team pulsating on the sideline, all those Niner fans growing quiet.

Then the flag comes out. And everything returns to normal.

San Francisco fans get to exhale. You get to shake your head, because deep down you knew it was inevitable all along.

Not the flag, but the ending, of another season before it truly got started.

Again.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...t-lions-san-francisco-49-ers-loss/1328766002/

The bold hits the game on the nail.. We've been shaking our heads forever.

Back