Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Lions @ Packers Thread

I wonder if Matt Pat The Ex-Pat will be an Ex-Lion soon and never again be an HC in the NFL, if the trend persists.

I’m enjoying watching the patriots game to see who we pick up in free agency for next season

That was a really good game to watch.

It was kind of amazing that NE has like 7 new starters on defense....alot of guys i never heard of....and they still find unique ways to create pressure.

Unlike our defense...led by a guy that called a great play like a decade ago...who cant create a lick of pressure.

Last edited:
That was a really good game to watch.

It was kind of amazing that NE has like 7 new starters on defense....alot of guys i never heard of....and they still find unique ways to create pressure.

Unlike our defense...led by a guy that called a great play like a decade ago...who cant create a lick of pressure.

That was a great game. I thought that last play was a terrible call.....they should have added an option to throw. Everyone knew that was coming. I think play action scores a TD and a win.

But it?s easy to see the talent difference on the field AND on the sidelines when you watch good teams play.

NO idea how much truth there is to it.

Valenti just said he had a couple people who work for the org said that no one wanted Okudah, but Quinn swooped in and overruled everybody.

Valenti just said he had a couple people who work for the org said that no one wanted Okudah, but Quinn swooped in and overruled everybody.

If the same is being said year 2.....I?ll say the same thing. But year one, game 1.....with limited off season and NO preseason.....I?ll give the kid some time.

Slay was hot garbage year one, too.

Did Valenti say who these ?couple people? preferred as the third pick?

Quinn, as much as I think he sucks, is suppose to swoop in. He's the GM.

Oh trust me, I'm not giving up on Okudah at all- that's not the point. Just brought it up to show the dysfunction in the program.

I get it we needed a corner cause he created a hole by letting slay go. Downgrade for sure and theres no questioning it.

Then theres the long term impact of a stupid decision like that. Starting QB in the new CBA are going to be $30-$40 million per year. QBs on a rookie contract....a couple mil. Rookies can go 0-2 too. And POOF...you have an extra $30 mil to spend on talent...something this team desperately lacks.

The no brain option when you pick in the top 3 is a QB....aka we proved our leadership has no brains.

I get it we needed a corner cause he created a hole by letting slay go. Downgrade for sure and theres no questioning it.

Then theres the long term impact of a stupid decision like that. Starting QB in the new CBA are going to be $30-$40 million per year. QBs on a rookie contract....a couple mil. Rookies can go 0-2 too. And POOF...you have an extra $30 mil to spend on talent...something this team desperately lacks.

The no brain option when you pick in the top 3 is a QB....aka we proved our leadership has no brains.

Tua is garbage though. 5 years of terrible and wasting time on him

I don't know if he sucks or not. I do know that Herbert took the defending SB champs to OT yesterday. I watched a lot of that game...he looked pretty good.

The only thing we do know is the Lions haven't won a playoff game in over 1/4 century. They have had 0 playoff wins with the current QB. I'm not saying it's his fault but it might be time for a change.

Last edited:

Tua isn't ANYTHING yet. You can't base his talent on two games sitting the bench. C'mon man, even you know that.

We've effectively wasted Stafford's prime unless this team has a COMPLETE turn around next year under the new coaching staff.

No, I don't want this to turn into yet ANOTHER discussion of if Stafford is good or not......but I agree with Hughes....you GET good by having a successful QB on a rookie contract and then STAY good by building up the rest of the team during that 3-4 year window.

We have neither drafted our future QB or been successful in the draft outside of a Golladay and a few others.

2019 looks like Hockenson and a bunch of AAAA players.
2018 was solid, I can't argue that. Kerryon was probably the worst pick.
2017 was a complete waste of a draft besides Golladay. Think about that for a second....we didn't find ONE solid player (outside of KG, as I said) in the entire draft. This team could cut every other pick still rostered from that draft and probably IMPROVE.
2016 was garbage.....and that is with me counting Decker as a solid NFL LT. Nothing more.

Doesn't matter if you have a rookie QB. If you have all those misses and a rookie or terrible QB, it is even worse

Lions have spent big money in FA too. Resigned some big contracts

I do like Trevor Lawrence though and would be willing to trade Stafford for him. I feel bad for Stafford. He deserves a much better team because he is a good player. Does he make a mistake from time to time. Yes. But all QBs do. Their teams helps them overcome that. Stafford gets no margin for error. And neither will any QB

Run game and defense will never carry the Lions consistently

I don't know if he sucks or not. I do know that Herbert took the defending SB champs to OT yesterday. I watched a lot of that game...he looked pretty good.

The only thing we do know is the Lions haven't won a playoff game in over 1/4 century. They have had 0 playoff wins with the current QB. I'm not saying it's his fault but it might be time for a change.

You forget Stafford outslinging Maholmes in 2019.

Chargers have a defense. The Lions don't. Chargers scored 17 points. Whoopity doo

Herbert could get 17 with Lions on Chiefs. and lose 42-17

Last edited:
You forget Stafford outslinging Maholmes in 2019.

Chargers have a defense. The Lions don't. Chargers scored 17 points. Whoopity doo

Herbert could get 17 with Lions on Chiefs. and lose 42-17

they scored 20

kind of like Matt and your Lions losing 42-21 to GB? :lmao:

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if you have a rookie QB. If you have all those misses and a rookie or terrible QB, it is even worse

Lions have spent big money in FA too. Resigned some big contracts

I do like Trevor Lawrence though and would be willing to trade Stafford for him. I feel bad for Stafford. He deserves a much better team because he is a good player. Does he make a mistake from time to time. Yes. But all QBs do. Their teams helps them overcome that. Stafford gets no margin for error. And neither will any QB

Run game and defense will never carry the Lions consistently

so, you are finally admitting that the Lions are shitty?

And admit they were wrong in keeping them in the first place. Heck they will probably be here next year and use the pandemic as an excuse. The only thing Quinn has been good at is fleecing the Fords out of money and buying more time.

Matt Millen disciple?

they scored 20

kind of like Matt and your Lions losing 42-21 to GB? :lmao:

The lions scored 30 on the chiefs last year

21, miss fg and aboushi killing drives..pick was awful

Herbert i like but will see what he can do. He has somr support

Back