Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Lions @ Packers Thread

So Arizona is -6 currently against Detroit. I'm STRONGLY debating rolling into MGM grand and throwing down 1k on Arizona.

Wouldn't be shocked if Kyler Murray gets a 100 on the ground against us.

I am going to keep my eyes peeled. I just have a feeling this is a game we could lose 38-21.

Everyone will be in Arizona.. Lions will probably back door cover or win somehow lol

Lions have spent big money in FA too. Resigned some big contracts

Lions have overspent on garbage. Coleman, flowers, whatever that tackle that never plays name is, nick williams whos "injured" already. All garbage and takeup like 1/3 of our cap.

When you cant draft for shit and you overspend in FA...its a recipe for disaster. Quin is terrible.

Flowers has been really good. Coleman up and down now hurt..wagner good until 2019. Lang hury. Marvin jones good signing..collins tbd. Mixed bag but drafts leaning towards disappointing sans hock, ragnow, agnew and golladay

Like Jonah Jackson so far

Flowers has been really good. Coleman up and down now hurt..wagner good until 2019. Lang hury. Marvin jones good signing..collins tbd. Mixed bag but drafts leaning towards disappointing sans hock, ragnow, agnew and golladay

Flowers has 8 sacks in 17 games with the Lions, he's the 5th highest paid defensive end in football. That's not really good. He had a 3 game stretch last year where he got half his sacks as a Lion and looked like he was worth top 10 DE money, that's it. He recorded 0 stats Sunday, not a pressure, not a tackle, not an assist, nada.

Flowers has 8 sacks in 17 games with the Lions, he's the 5th highest paid defensive end in football. That's not really good. He had a 3 game stretch last year where he got half his sacks as a Lion and looked like he was worth top 10 DE money, that's it. He recorded 0 stats Sunday, not a pressure, not a tackle, not an assist, nada.

He has consistent pressure (sacks, hits, hurries). It's not just about sacks. You can't judge sacks only. Well you could but that would be dumb. And he is good in run defense as well. He is 11th ranked Edge player right now and ranked well last year. He is worth his money so far.

Both Okwaras need to pick it up. Hand has been solid but needs more pass rush for sure. Nick Williams needs to get healthy. Collins had a nice sack last week but is needed in coverage more. And coverage needs to be stronger too on the back-end, LBs and safeties. If they get beat quickly, not alot of time to pass rush.

Flowers has been really good? Shit, I did not know he was still on the fucking team. I don't think they called his name on Sunday.

The next GM and coach is going to have to deal with these terrible contracts. Also, didn't they restructure Stafford right before the season making him even harder to trade?

The next GM and coach is going to have to deal with these terrible contracts. Also, didn't they restructure Stafford right before the season making him even harder to trade?

I am not concerned with the contracts. I'm concerned with the lack of any talent on this team.

If there is any possible way they can get trade value in the form of high draft picks for Stafford/Golliday, get it done. There's nothing left to play for with this regime. Quinn's had four years to assemble his roster, and they could be the least talented team top to bottom in the NFL.

Seriously, think about the better teams in the NFL, think about the Lions offense and defense, and how many players would be starting for those teams? On defense? I cannot honestly think of a SINGLE player that a contending team would have on their starting 11 from the Lions D. Offense? MAYBE Golladay as a WR2/3? This team sucks dick.

Stafford, golladay, ragnow and decker are very good players

Talent at rb is there but need more execution

Jonah jackson solid so far. Dahl grades well..hock would start on lot of teams. Marvin is solid number wr 2. Amendola is solid

Offense not the problem. Crosby and Aboushi stink..backups

Defense has flowers, harmon collins as good. Hand good when healthy. Walker good past years but not this year

Cbs should be better. Okudah first game only..cant really write him off yet due to your little emotions from a loss. Trufant is older and coleman is hurt..ao still young 5th round pick. And need some pass rush for them

Tavai regressed, harris garbage, davis bust, jones not a jack lb. Williams hurt. Shelton needs to do more in run d clearly but had good 2019 with pats

14 more to go. Last chance and can move on from plenty of them..marvin, amendola, harmon, davis, okwara, jones all fas..tavai, walker and harris are cheap. Williams and Shelton easy to get out of those 2nd years if they fail this year

De, two dts, two lbs, cb and fs will be needs if they fail. De need for sure

For the sake of this discussion, let's just pick the best 2-3 teams from each conference.

Using your last post, we'll say Stafford, Golladay, Ragnow, and Decker are our BEST players (and to be honest, I think you are overvaluing Decker. He's pretty good- I'm not going to call him great.)

Who among those 4 would actually start for a team threatening a Super Bowl? I could make a case for Golladay. Stafford has shown he consistently cannot get over the hump. The two linemen? Maybe?

Not a single player from this defense is cracking a contending Super Bowl team. To be honest, I don't even think that is debatable.

In defense for some of the young talent like Hockenson, Okudah and Swift. I’m sure w the right coaching they’d look a lot better and be more productive. Same goes for Davis.

For the sake of this discussion, let's just pick the best 2-3 teams from each conference.

Using your last post, we'll say Stafford, Golladay, Ragnow, and Decker are our BEST players (and to be honest, I think you are overvaluing Decker. He's pretty good- I'm not going to call him great.)

Who among those 4 would actually start for a team threatening a Super Bowl? I could make a case for Golladay. Stafford has shown he consistently cannot get over the hump. The two linemen? Maybe?

Not a single player from this defense is cracking a contending Super Bowl team. To be honest, I don't even think that is debatable.

Collins is a starter everywhere he has been including the Patriots. Harmon depends on who they have at safety I guess. He could start for a few playoff teams. Flowers would for sure start for most teams as 1 of the two DEs. The only good defenders we have our forrmer Pats. And then Okudah and AO are TBD still. Walker is solid too but he regressed so far in year 3.

Tavai regressed and Harris is garbage and they insist on playing Harris due to "packages". Davis is a bust. Christian Jones is not good but they play him often. Okwara not good in pass rush (solid in run D). Other Okwara not ready yet I guess which is disappointing but TBD. Those will be what dooms Quinn if they fail in these next 14 games. Not everyone can be a stud on defense.

Flowers is really good but not a game wrecker like Mack, Hunter, Cam Jordan, Frank Clark, 49ers Dlinemen etc. The defense has good players. Its a collection some good, some solid and some poor. The problem is there are no game wreckers, shut down CBs or big time safeties (just good safeties). Collection of good talent apparently isn't enough. Need some great mixed in and we don't have that. Will agree 100% on that. I will say game wreckers are very hard to find in Quinns defense. Did we pass on a game wrecker for Hock? Not sure on that as we just missed Allen from the Jags. Oliver is good but not a game wrecker. Hoping Okudah develops into a shut down CB and we didn't miss a game wrecker at 3.

Last edited:
Back