Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Lions @ Panthers Thread

16-20 possible points is not enough. Even if we score 100% of the potential points we still lose.
Others are going to make mistakes too, so as the high priced QB you have to makeup for others. What about all the drives he led us to nothing? What about the under throw to Calvin that lead to an interception.

Simple question. Is Staffords productions worth his contract?

Watch other games, watch elite QBs. A QBs job is not to get the ball kind of close, it's to make the plays. Watch Rodgers, he makes throws into players that peoe would bitch aren't possible because they aren't open.

Stafford needs to prove it for the entire season, he's got a ridiculous amount of talent around him, more than pretty much eh very other QB.

If he can't be elite, he needs to become a game manager. What he is doing now is not helping. 16 potential points not enough.

16-20 points is more than enough against that defense in Carolina. Not Stafford's fault our kicker is hot trash. Not his fault that Bell fumbled. Not his fault that his WRS and TES drop balls at crucial moments. You score points and your strategy changes. You don't go into panic mode. Leaving those points on the field was killer on Sunday.
Stafford needed to be better in the second half for sure, but he did not lose us that game...not a chance.

What the hell happened to Reggie Bush? He should be this team featured guy. He did okay in the NYG game, but he did not get near the amount of looks as he should have against Carolina.

He looked dinged up to me. He had no drive on his runs.

I didn't say those were on him. I was saying Tony is acting like getting us in position to score 17 points is enough. It isn't.
This was clearly a team loss all the way around. QB didn't play well enough, some position players had crucial mistakes.

I thought defense played well enough. This high paid offense did not.

17 + the 7 they already scored. That's 24, bro. Carolina scored 24 on us. It was more than enough lol. Cmon now lol.

I agree that the WHOLE offense let this team down. Very winnable game.

Last edited:
He looked good in the 1st half. When the team needed him the most in the 2nd half, he struggled. There's no way to sugar coat it. He was missing receivers. Calvin may be the best WR in the world, but you have to at least give him a chance. He didn't have a chance with Stafford's under throw.

He looked good in the 1st half. When the team needed him the most in the 2nd half, he struggled. There's no way to sugar coat it. He was missing receivers. Calvin may be the best WR in the world, but you have to at least give him a chance. He didn't have a chance with Stafford's under throw.

I admitted he was bad in the second half. When the team "needed" him the most?? lmfao...what a crock of shit!!! What about when Staff needed his boys the most?? Two way street, buddy. Drops, fumbles and missed FGS will not win you football games. Score those points and we have a whole new ballgame. Agreed?

The only TD drive was in the second half. Stafford did well in that one clearly.

The last 2 drives were down 24-7 with 3 sacks in those drives.

The underthrow and the one 3 and out drive is all you can get him for in this game. And at the end of the first half some really bad throws.

11 weren't his fault, 10 were. I'll take 27 completions plus 10 not his fault any day. That kind of QB play can win you games if the weapons do their jobs.

I admitted he was bad in the second half. When the team "needed" him the most?? lmfao...what a crock of shit!!! What about when Staff needed his boys the most?? Two way street, buddy. Drops, fumbles and missed FGS will not win you football games. Score those points and we have a whole new ballgame. Agreed?

He was bad in the 2nd half. I 100% agree with the above.....and I'd even add that CJ had a hand in that INT. Now, Staff underthrew that ball by about 10 yards, no doubt. But EVERY WR is taught to play DB in that situation......an incomplete pass is better than an INT any day. CJ tried to bat the ball UP to himself. Instead, he batted it up to the defender.

Either way Tony is right, every QB needs help now and then. Stafford got very little in that game.

Every team gets away with penalties from time to time..it happens. It's the NFL.

Every team gets away with penalties from time to time..it happens. It's the NFL.

But how many times is your team called for a ridiculous penalty on the very same play to end the game. Only to detroit

Back