Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 22 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota Twins 2:10 EST 4/21

Casey Mize hurls 6 scoreless for first win since 2021.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Video Highlights of the Tigers Win over the twins.

Tigers 6 - Twins 1: A satisfying series win.
A few early runs off a shaky starter proved to be the fatal blow in this one.
BYBTB

Defense returns, backs Casey Mize to help Tigers topple Twins.
Detnews

Buddy Kennedy hits big home run in first start with Detroit Tigers in 6-1 win over Twins.
Freep

Casey Mize gets first win since 2021 as Tigers take series from Twins.
Mlive

The alternative is probably Baddoo. Probably why they haven't sent him down yet.
Baddoo would be a great boost to the offense! All kidding aside, it wouldn't have to be him. Greene was fine in CF. Cahna is supposed to be an OF. Meadows could be the best defensive CF in the history of MLB and he would still be terrible hitting 0.080 and slugging 0.180. He needs to be a Mud Hen tomorrow

I know that WAR is a flawed stat, but looking at the Tigers, and it may actually be useless. Parker Meadows has a +0.3 offensive WAR. How on earth can a player that is hitting 0.080, slugging 0.180. and an OBP of 0.220 be better than replacement level? This makes no sense at all.

I know that WAR is a flawed stat, but looking at the Tigers, and it may actually be useless. Parker Meadows has a +0.3 offensive WAR. How on earth can a player that is hitting 0.080, slugging 0.180. and an OBP of 0.220 be better than replacement level? This makes no sense at all.
His player value -- batting, shows it comes from his Defense. oWAR -0.1 dWAR .5 = dWAR 0.4

His player value -- batting, shows it comes from his Defense. oWAR -0.1 dWAR .5 = dWAR 0.4
gotcha. I was looking on ESPN and they had his batting WAR at 0.3 and fielding at 0.5.

Do we need to start a Meadows = HOF thread?
I don't know. I think that part of the reason why we started that thread was because we thought that Inge thought that he belonged in the HOF. And he had been in the league for years when we started that thread.

MONDAY MUSINGS.
Totally Tigers

Today, it’s about quick hits – bits of news that catch my radar during the week as well as connecting the dots re ongoing stories. Even the quirky.
So let’s get to it! Here are the most interesting topics that hit my radar over the past week………..

It is Buddy Kennedy's world and we are all just living in it.
Panic struck the Detroit Tigers when news broke of Gio Urshela hitting the injured list. Luckily, the corresponding roster move has brought Buddy Kennedy into center stage. And he is thriving.
MCBTB

Broke down and signed up for Bally this year in order to watch the tigers, been watching here and there. Overall I don’t like how quick these games go now, they are too quick now and finding the team rather boring. Was asked the other day who my favorite player was now with miggy retired and after thinking for a bit concluded, I don’t have one they are all rather meh, I do however have a least fav player

Baez.
I think you should pick Verlander.

I think you should pick Verlander.
May settle on A slogan instead. The kid at Sundays game with the tork bomb Sunday sign was great. The only thing missing was a tork bomb Sunday. That needs to catch on though, every Sunday this year is now tork bomb Sunday!

Back