Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Lions @ Vikings Thread

I still think that MN is a better team than the Lions. Jefferson had a bad game...my guess is he goes off in the next matchup.

I didn?t think they were the better team at all. Detroit out played them all game and just boneheaded coaching decisions cost them.. With that being said you watch Pete Carroll will have Seattle ready. Plus Brown is now out for a few weeks. Must win Sunday or this season will go south in a hurry.

Last edited:
I didn?t think they were the better team at all. Detroit out played them all game and just boneheaded coaching decisions cost them.. With that being said you watch Pete Carroll will have Seattle ready. Plus Brown is now out for a few weeks. Must win Sunday or this season will go south in a hurry.

boneheaded coaching moves are part of the team

also, I'm not saying that the Lions didn't out play MN...I just think MN is the better team. Outplaying isn't the same as which team is actually better. Look at Indy and KC this past weekend.

boneheaded coaching moves are part of the team

also, I'm not saying that the Lions didn't out play MN...I just think MN is the better team. Outplaying isn't the same as which team is actually better. Look at Indy and KC this past weekend.

I could be wrong I just isn?t think Minnesota is that good. But then the nfc is pretty bad.

By scoring a TD in each of the first 3 quarters today, the @Lions have opened the 2022 season with a TD in all 11 quarters played which is an NFL record.

Set an NFL record and are 1-2. Huh.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lions-set-...g-t-ds-in-11-straight-quarters-203236701.html

Lions have given up 31 PPG. 32nd in the league

Offense good but now banged up severely with Swift, Jackson, St Brown, Vaitai

Defense bad. Wish the Dline was a little healthier (Hutch, Levi, Okwara, J Okwara Week 1,Paschal, Cominsky injuries not ideal) and they will miss Walker for communication but still the Eagles took us apart with Walker

Aaron Glenn won't get much love if these keeps up. Even with Okudah playing well and Rodriguez being decent as a 6th round pick

Minnesota is a better team than us... had a bad game.... and still won.

Our defense is absolute garbage. Want proof?...we have a 6th rd rookie starting at lb and he can't cover a lick.

All these assets on the dline and we can't sniff the qb.

Minnesota is a better team than us... had a bad game.... and still won.

Our defense is absolute garbage. Want proof?...we have a 6th rd rookie starting at lb and he can't cover a lick.

All these assets on the dline and we can't sniff the qb.

Rodrigo is 37th out of 78 LBs in coverage. Board is 23rd

Dline is very banged up but agree need to do more to help this defense not be the worst in the league

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022...national-recognition-strong-start-2022-season

Also Okudah made Jefferson have a bad game. Got to give him credit for stopping Jefferson

Last edited:
Haven't seen Rodrigo break up a pass ever...so he gets a 0 for coverage from me. Minnesota lbs broke up like 5 passes.

Micah Parsons career 19 games, 17 sacks, 24 TFL, 39 QBHits. Why can't we ever draft a rookie Dman that's good right away.

Last edited:
Haven't seen Rodrigo break up a pass ever...so he gets a 0 for coverage from me. Minnesota lbs broke up like 5 passes.

You can have good coverage so the pass doesn't come your way though. So your logic is flawed

PDs a part volume stat based on allowing a WR/TE/RB to be open for a bit of the play at least. The more CBs picked on for example, could have higher PDs. Though good CBs still have PDs too with good ball skills.

Micah Parsons career 19 games, 17 sacks, 24 TFL, 39 QBHits. Why can't we ever draft a rookie Dman that's good right away.

Parsons is a freak. The smartest thing the Cowboys have done is move him to full time DE.

Hopefully Hutch becomes something close to that.

Parsons is a freak. The smartest thing the Cowboys have done is move him to full time DE.

Hopefully Hutch becomes something close to that.

No injury designation on Wed for Hutch. Time to shine. Seattle has two rookie tackles too this week.

3 sacks in 3 games for Hutch is technically a better % than Parsons but we all know the 3 sacks was in 1 game with two 0s in the other

No injury designation on Wed for Hutch. Time to shine. Seattle has two rookie tackles too this week.

3 sacks in 3 games for Hutch is technically a better % than Parsons but we all know the 3 sacks was in 1 game with two 0s in the other

And he didn't beat a single OL to record any of his sacks.......so it's a bit misleading. I'll take it, but he isn't beating T's like we all hoped he would.

And he didn't beat a single OL to record any of his sacks.......so it's a bit misleading. I'll take it, but he isn't beating T's like we all hoped he would.

True. But if he gets 3 sacks a game I don't care who he beats. Good scheming by Glenn too. They miss Cominsky for those stunts working it seems. Aidan was off the injury report so that thigh is healed up hopefully. Let's see what Hutch can do against two rookie but talented tackles in Seattle. Geno still has some legs too

This week is an interesting matchup. Seattle can run the ball and have Metcalf, Lockett and Fant/Dissly. Lions D better bring it even though this game is "winnable"

True. But if he gets 3 sacks a game I don't care who he beats. Good scheming by Glenn too. They miss Cominsky for those stunts working it seems. Aidan was off the injury report so that thigh is healed up hopefully. Let's see what Hutch can do against two rookie but talented tackles in Seattle. Geno still has some legs too

This week is an interesting matchup. Seattle can run the ball and have Metcalf, Lockett and Fant/Dissly. Lions D better bring it even though this game is "winnable"

This game will be decided by our pass rush. That is the most important position group of the game. Can we get pressure on Smith and make him look like Gino Smith? Or, can Seattle give Smith time to find whoever AO is covering?? Lions get pressure and force 2 or more TO's.....I think we win at home. 31-23.

If we cant, or we sit back in soft coverages hoping he just randomly makes a mistake/bad throw.....we lose 34-24.

With or without Swift and ASB.....I think we have enough firepower to score points.

Chark, Swift, Hock, St Brown, Reynolds, Jameson all hurt
Jackson and Vaitai at guard

7 of 11 starters plus 4th wr and backup rg,I dont understand how this happens

Defense missing only 2 starters in Walker and Romeo. Backups Levi, Jacobs, Cominsky, Paschal

Can we just play someons practice squad to even it out

Chark, Swift, Hock, St Brown, Reynolds, Jameson all hurt
Jackson and Vaitai at guard

7 of 11 starters plus 4th wr and backup rg,I dont understand how this happens

Defense missing only 2 starters in Walker and Romeo. Backups Levi, Jacobs, Cominsky, Paschal

Can we just play someons practice squad to even it out

It's the NFL in 2022. Players get hurt. You HAVE to be a deep team to play consistently well all year. That, or lucky. The Lions are neither lucky or deep. Yes, it hurts to have your top 2 offensive skill position players hurt.....but there are no excuses (except to you, who will use any injury as an excuse) and guys like Chark, Raymond, Wright and both Reynolds will have to step up and play well.

The Lions don't seem to have any serious injuries at this point and hopefully will be relatively healthy after the bye.

It's the NFL in 2022. Players get hurt. You HAVE to be a deep team to play consistently well all year. That, or lucky. The Lions are neither lucky or deep. Yes, it hurts to have your top 2 offensive skill position players hurt.....but there are no excuses (except to you, who will use any injury as an excuse) and guys like Chark, Raymond, Wright and both Reynolds will have to step up and play well.

The Lions don't seem to have any serious injuries at this point and hopefully will be relatively healthy after the bye.

7 of 11 is excessive is the point. Not just St Brown/Swift. It's not just 2-3 guys like most teams. But if Hock, Chark, Reynolds play even dinged up we will be fine. Jamaal Williams has stepped up and the Oline giving the backs holes.

Lions offense has depth in interior Oline surpisingly with Skipper/Stenberg, unsurprisingly with Brown and safety has two 3rd round safeties waiting in the wings. That is good depth.

Dline was deep too but Levi, Paschal, Cominsky, Romeo all got hurt. Alot in one area is the point. Julian O Week 1. Aidan seems to be better thankfully. That said, Brockers isn't going to step up ever. Buggs is fine for a backup. McNeil and Hutch need both to do more. And we're lucky Goff is healthy. Feel bad for Tua.

Last edited:
7 of 11 is excessive is the point. Not just St Brown/Swift. It's not just 2-3 guys like most teams. But if Hock, Chark, Reynolds play even dinged up we will be fine. Jamaal Williams has stepped up and the Oline giving the backs holes.

Lions offense has depth in interior Oline surpisingly with Skipper/Stenberg, unsurprisingly with Brown and safety has two 3rd round safeties waiting in the wings. That is good depth.

Dline was deep too but Levi, Paschal, Cominsky, Romeo all got hurt. Alot in one area is the point. Julian O Week 1. Aidan seems to be better thankfully. That said, Brockers isn't going to step up ever. Buggs is fine for a backup. McNeil and Hutch need both to do more. And we're lucky Goff is healthy. Feel bad for Tua.

There is no way you watch Lions games and think to yourself....."you know, Jamaal Williams has really stepped up".

He's an average NFL running back that is likeable, a ++ locker room presence and fun to watch on Hard Knocks. He has average vision, below average burst and his running style does not match his strengths. He's a big guy trying to run like a little guy.

I'd much rather see Reynolds or Jackson get the bulk of the carries Sunday.

OLine has some good depth. I like that.

WR has some depth. I like that.

"DL was deep" ? WHAT?? A tall pile of shit has depth, too. That's how I look at our DLine "depth".

No excuses. Seattle is a beatable team. We're playing at home. Our QB is healthy and has an OK cast at the skill positions. Defense is healthy. We play Gino Smith. Get a W.

Talk about misleading. He has to beat more than just tackles and more often than the rest of the league outside of Myles Garret and Robert Quinn.

Other pass rushers need to step up when that happens.

OyvnXG.jpg

Back