Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Lions @ Vikings Thread

Do we take a QB?

Goff is 12th in league in QB rating right now. That late desperation pick didn't help him

Will we have to trade up for a QB or does one fall to us. We'll see what our record looks like for that and how many franchise QBs available besides Stroud and Young. In a position for Levis?

How much do they want the cap space from moving on from Goff and how will Goff perform the remaining 14 games?

If Goff finishes in top 10 in QB rating, and Lions could add a stud CB (replacing FA AO) or 2nd stud pass rusher/DT or stud off-ball LB or stud safety (Elliot a FA and Walker off the achilles) and another defensive player with the later Rams pick. Then what?

Last edited:
Do we take a QB?

Hopefully. Even if Goff has a mediocre season, he?s still not worth his current cap hit next year, and probably not even worth however much they can restructure.

Hopefully. Even if Goff has a mediocre season, he?s still not worth his current cap hit next year, and probably not even worth however much they can restructure.

Yep unless Goff balls out, the 20 million in cap space from letting him go is probably worth more to the Lions. I don't think they should do that until they are sure in the draft they got a QB. And by then FA is over.

So I could see Goff back next year at a restructured number (not 30 million) and then we have to eat more dead cap for cutting/trading him in 2024

Agree injuries are putting this season in the balance already. We'll see how they respond the next few weeks

Not worth arguing if they are solid/mediocre (pre-injuries) or bad (most likely post injuries)

Interior Oline depth held up though even down to Dan Skipper. Two 3rd round safeties as depth in Joseph and Ife, though raw and position change. Jamaal playing well for Swift (even though Jamaal is clearly not Swift dynamic) plus the Oline opening holes.

They are clearly going to keep fighting. We'll see what kind of pick that entails and how bad the injuries get. Because there will definitely be more. We'll see if we ever get re-enforcements with Jameson, Romeo, Paschal, Jerry Jacobs, Vaitai, Jackson coming back. Can Swift rest a few weeks and then stay healthy. And how bad is St Browns ankle and Aidan's thigh.

How to tell if they were solid/medicare before injuries?

How to tell if they were solid/medicare before injuries?

We'll never know because we had the injuries. Though we were still close in Philly/at Min even with injuries galore. Way more than the opponent were hurt. That kind of shows at least a mediocre team. The depth has stepped up at interior Oline and RB. Not so sure about safety if Ju Ju or Mike Hughes blew that assignment for the TD.

We'll never know because we had the injuries. Though we were still close in Philly/at Min even with injuries galore. Way more than the opponent were hurt. That kind of shows at least a mediocre team. The depth has stepped up at interior Oline and RB. Not so sure about safety if Ju Ju or Mike Hughes blew that assignment for the TD.

Who cares about close. A loss is a loss. No injuries doesn't guarantee anything.

Swift is always injured..was at Georgia too. Hes the only injury that impacts this team. Tracy Walker hasnt done shit all year.

probably looking at the 3rd best QB on the board. I don't think the Lions are bad enough to get to the top 4

Placing a lot of confidence in this shitty team. Im assuming due to the easy schedule cause its obvious the talent isnt there. We could lose the rest of the games this year and i wouldnt be horribly surprised...we probably wont be favored in many of them. I dont think a top 5 pick is completely out of the question. There could be as many as 4 QBs projected in the top 10 next year.

Last edited:
Placing a lot of confidence in this shitty team. Im assuming due to the easy schedule cause its obvious the talent isnt there. We could lose the rest of the games this year and i wouldnt be horribly surprised...we probably wont be favored in many of them. I dont think a top 5 pick is completely out of the question. There could be as many as 4 QBs projected in the top 10 next year.

Roster is more talented than last year, but still too thin to be a playoff caliber team. Still way too weak up the middle defensively. DT's have been awful. McNeil has been solid and shows up on game day......hardly ever hear anyone elses name. Is Brockers even playing?? Levi? ANYONE???

MLB is bad. Rodrigo has been as advertised, but has limitations. Anzelone is just not good. Can't blame him really. He's doing everything he can.....we just need a MUCH better position group of LB's. I'd keep Board and Rodrigo and cut the rest.

Safetys have been unremarkable. Walker is a solid NFL safety that is decent in coverage and ok against the run. The rest are gap players.

2023 draft and free agency should be a QB, RB and then every other resource spent should be on defense. Top tier DT, MLB and S needed before we have a shot to contend.

Can't trust Swift......not even in a controlled touch/rotational situation. After #20 retired.....there has been a curse on this franchises RB's ability to stay healthy.

1. Kevin Jones. Super talented. Made of glass.
2. Kevin Smith. Good player. Couldn't stay healthy. Never saw someone get tackled by the turf monster as much as he did.
3. Jahvid Best. Unbelievable talent. Head just couldn't take NFL hits.
4. DeAndre Swift. Body just doesn't seem to be able to hold up to the strains of an NFL game. It's too bad, too. He has all the tools to be elite. Vision. Explosiveness. Good hands.

They will win this weekend. They are a 6 point favorite

Would like to see more Kerby Joseph moving forward, I know they wanted to ease him since he lacks experience, but there really isn?t much to lose here. I just don?t want to see a lot of Will Harris and Juju Hughes the rest of the year.

Would like to see more Kerby Joseph moving forward, I know they wanted to ease him since he lacks experience, but there really isn?t much to lose here. I just don?t want to see a lot of Will Harris and Juju Hughes the rest of the year.

Will Harris is full-time CB I believe and they need him for injury to AO/Okudah otherwise Bobby Price is playing or they move Mike Hughes outside and play rookie Chase Lucas at nickel. Hopefully Jerry Jacobs is back by Week 5 but I bet not until after the bye.

Agree more Joseph and less Hughes. But I think they trust Hughes more at this point and they are trying to win so will roll with Hughes until he starts playing poorly

Will Harris is full-time CB I believe and they need him for injury to AO/Okudah otherwise Bobby Price is playing or they move Mike Hughes outside and play rookie Chase Lucas at nickel. Hopefully Jerry Jacobs is back by Week 5 but I bet not until after the bye.

Agree more Joseph and less Hughes. But I think they trust Hughes more at this point and they are trying to win so will roll with Hughes until he starts playing poorly

I remember them moving Harris, hopefully he?s just an emergency option.

Think you?re right about Hughes. Depending on how he looks I could see them doing a situational rotation of Hughes, Melifonwu, and Joseph until one emerges.

They will win this weekend. They are a 6 point favorite

Let's hope for the Seattle game. And Mac Jones hurt for Patriots

at Cowboys still look good even with Rush but really their defense last two weeks for 2-1

Next 2 weeks will be telling for the Lions season.

Jags, Panthers, Jets, Giants all better than expected though despite flaws but Lions I could see these games going either way now
Bills and Dolphins both really good but in Detroit so got a punchers chance but most likely losses
Bears are 2-1 but they still stink but like always Lions have to actually execute and not make dumb mistakes. Justin Fields has a 50 QB rating but the Bears defense is solid under Eberflus
Packers/Vikings are beatable clearly but Lions have to actually go out and execute (and get healthier)

I remember them moving Harris, hopefully he?s just an emergency option.

Think you?re right about Hughes. Depending on how he looks I could see them doing a situational rotation of Hughes, Melifonwu, and Joseph until one emerges.

Harris actually played solid at CB in Week 2 stepping in for AO. He is a better CB than he is a safety somehow.

I'm excited to see Melifonwu and Joseph. They are both 3rd round picks which in theory should be good depth. They are just so raw and Melifonwu keeps getting hurt too (last year and this year)

Let's hope for the Seattle game. And Mac Jones hurt for Patriots

at Cowboys still look good even with Rush but really their defense last two weeks for 2-1

Next 2 weeks will be telling for the Lions season.

Jags, Panthers, Jets, Giants all better than expected though despite flaws but Lions I could see these games going either way now
Bills and Dolphins both really good but in Detroit so got a punchers chance but most likely losses
Bears are 2-1 but they still stink but like always Lions have to actually execute and not make dumb mistakes. Justin Fields has a 50 QB rating but the Bears defense is solid under Eberflus
Packers/Vikings are beatable clearly but Lions have to actually go out and execute (and get healthier)

as of now, my predictions

vs Sea W
@ NE W
@ Dal L
vs Miami L
vs GB L
@ Bears L
@ NYG L
vs Bills L
vs Jags W
vs MN L
@ NYJ W
@ Car W
vs CHI W
@ GB L

7-10

as of now, my predictions

vs Sea W
@ NE W
@ Dal L
vs Miami L
vs GB L
@ Bears L
@ NYG L
vs Bills L
vs Jags W
vs MN L
@ NYJ W
@ Car W
vs CHI W
@ GB L

7-10

Just not sold on the Giants. But they do have a running qb, and the stats say we were in control in Minnesota so we should win that at home.

Last edited:
Just not sold on the Giants. But they do have a running qb, and the stats say we were in control in Minnesota so we should win that at home.

I still think that MN is a better team than the Lions. Jefferson had a bad game...my guess is he goes off in the next matchup.

Back