Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Seahawks @ Lions Thread

Chark will count 5.96 million against the Lions cap next year

Lions have 18.2 million if it rises 10 million to 218 overall plus 3 million in carry over right now

10 million more in space when they cut Brockers. 28.2 million
8 million more in space if they cut Vaitai. 36.2 million
7 million more in space if they cut Romeo Okwara 43.2 million
20.6 million in free space if they cut Goff (which I am doubting now) especially if they are sitting at 43.2 million without cutting him

43.2 need about 7.5 million for draft and about 4-5 million buffer for PS/IR/53 man). So about 30 million to really spend.

Ragnow and Decker most likely could be restructured to free up space too (Tracy Walker could be restrucutred but least likely with his injury question marks)

Also they could give Hock a new deal and lower his 9.3 million 5th year option cap hit for 2023. But I think at this point, they will let him play out 5th year option in 2023. Maybe franchise tag him in 2024 depending how he does rest of this year and next year. Tag for TE was 10.9 million in 2022. So probably 11.5 or 12 million in 2024 for one year.

Agree on all cuts, I think they all are replaceable at a lower price without much drop off in production. Vital is the only one I?d be OK with keeping. We?ll see how Romeo comes back, going to be tough to live up to that cap number coming back from injury.

I don?t think Hock will be worth tagging come 2024, unless he really steps up (and stays healthy). He?s decent, but I?d expect more from a former 1st round pick and top 5 money TE. They probably let him walk and he?ll end up becoming a solid contributor for some perennial playoff team, never missing a game.

Agree on all cuts, I think they all are replaceable at a lower price without much drop off in production. Vital is the only one I?d be OK with keeping. We?ll see how Romeo comes back, going to be tough to live up to that cap number coming back from injury.

I don?t think Hock will be worth tagging come 2024, unless he really steps up (and stays healthy). He?s decent, but I?d expect more from a former 1st round pick and top 5 money TE. They probably let him walk and he?ll end up becoming a solid contributor for some perennial playoff team, never missing a game.

Seeing Hock having 1,000 yard, 10 TDs seasons with another team is definitely going to drive some people crazy. Like Ebron that one year with the Colts with all those TDs (but then he did nothing). Week 4 was really nice from Hock. More of that please and earn that tag

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/tight-end/

13 TEs make 10 per or more including Taysom Hill. So 5th year option 2023 and 2024 tag would be 2 years 21 million so 10.5 per year for Hock. That seems about right with Hunter Henry, Jonnu Smith, Dawson Knox and David Njoku all making more than that. And the other upside we don't even have to use even a day 2 pick on TE really (or the dreaded Round 1 pick every 5-6 years 2010, 2014, 2019). Or we can just ignore TE and be terrible like 2018 season. I doubt we find a diamond in the rough 700-1,000 yard TE in Round 3, 4 or 5 ever.

Last edited:
2023 FAs

Chark - IMO we havent seen what his full potential could be. Once you get Jameson on the field and chark is left 1v1 on the outside running deep...thats where he could be dangerous. Id love to keep him here on a reasonable 2 year deal. 8-10mil/yr

Evan Brown 2 mil. Keep him.
Austin Bryant 800k. Meh...he'll probably be injured but hes ok depth for 800k.

Dump everyone else:
Jammal Williams 3 mil
Mike Hughes 2.25 mil
Anzalone 2.25 mil
Chris Board 2 mil
Josh Woods 1.5 mil

2023 FAs

Chark - IMO we havent seen what his full potential could be. Once you get Jameson on the field and chark is left 1v1 on the outside running deep...thats where he could be dangerous. Id love to keep him here on a reasonable 2 year deal. 8-10mil/yr

Evan Brown 2 mil. Keep him.
Austin Bryant 800k. Meh...he'll probably be injured but hes ok depth for 800k.

Dump everyone else:
Jammal Williams 3 mil
Mike Hughes 2.25 mil
Anzalone 2.25 mil
Chris Board 2 mil
Josh Woods 1.5 mil

My guess is DJ thinks of himself as a #1 or #2 WR. If the Lions are not using him as such, I think he will move on. I think he came to the Lions to get the ball and to try to create a market for himself.

That said, if you are going to spend 8-10M a year on a player, wouldn't you much rather add a defensive player? The offense is going to be fine with or without DJ Shart.

Why are our GMs always the dumbest idiots in the room? Every fan knew we needed lb starters early. We pick paschal and Joseph.

Why are our GMs always the dumbest idiots in the room? Every fan knew we needed lb starters early. We pick paschal and Joseph.

Technically got one with Rodrigo..and was relying on Barnes to do soemthing

Missing dt like levi, cominsky and paschal to injury is hurting the lbs too. Brockers sucks. Move Hutch to rush end. I dont know if a day 2 lb saves anything.

Jameson vs lloyd with a trade up and one other player. Will see what jamo does

Is dean playing for eagles?

Fuck the last draft?We drafted a RT over Micah Parsons!

And we lead the league in YPC rushing and score 35 PPG with good book-end tackles. Something the Lions have never had. Sewell is just as good a player as Parsons

And then we got Hutch so we'll see there

Parsons and taking a tackle at 2 this past draft, I think makes us little weaker. even though Parsons might be stronger than rookie Hutch. Sewell/Hutch is the best combo

Parsons and taking a tackle at 2 this past draft, I think makes us little weaker. even though Parsons might be stronger than rookie Hutch. Sewell/Hutch is the best combo

you have no idea what the best combo is because we don't know what Hutch is going to become. If he is the next Nick Bosa, then yes, they made the right choice. I don't think he is going to be that good. I do think that Parsons has DPOY potential and will be a perennial all pro. A defensive player like that has much more of an impact on the game than a RT.

My guess is that the best combo would have been Parsons, Hutch, Jordan Davis and a RT later in the 2021 draft.

Last edited:
And we lead the league in YPC rushing and score 35 PPG with good book-end tackles. Something the Lions have never had. Sewell is just as good a player as Parsons

And then we got Hutch so we'll see there

Its more about drafting a RT so high. If he was the starting LT but RT you could've waiting until the end of round one.

Technically got one with Rodrigo..and was relying on Barnes to do soemthing

Missing dt like levi, cominsky and paschal to injury is hurting the lbs too. Brockers sucks. Move Hutch to rush end. I dont know if a day 2 lb saves anything.

Jameson vs lloyd with a trade up and one other player. Will see what jamo does

Is dean playing for eagles?

Starting a 6th rd rookie isnt something to be happy about. It means thats how much we suck at that position. Hes a straight ahead gap filler...thats it. He cant cover worth shit in a system where we only have 2 Lbs on the field at all times. Hes part of the reason everyone is running wide open in the middle and edges of the field...not the solution.

Every years teams know what to do against us.. Passes that go 6-10 yards because our LB can't defend or tackle. Every year. Its why passer rating vs us always suck.

Last edited:
You know who is 12th overall in LB coverage in the NFL. Jahlani Tavai. He plays for the Patriots. Hock better have 100 yards and 2 TDs

Rodriguez is 29th out of 77 in coverage (18 out of 77 overall). Way worse coverage LBs out there. We got a solid cover LB (still a rookie that makes rookie mistakes)

We found a starter in Rodriguez in Round 6. That's a great job by Holmes. And it's not just because Board/Davis and Barnes sucks. Rodrigo is actually performing

Last edited:
Back