Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Seahawks @ Lions Thread

Keep taking them until they work out.

Like Lions and 2nd round RBs or with first round TEs?

Got to hit on day 1 and day 2 and FA then find random gem once in awhile on day 3 (like St Brown/maybe Rodriguez)

We took a Round 1 LB in 2017. He is on the Lions practice squad now
Last Round 2 was Tavai

Let's just find one that works out. Rodrigo doing some things early though. Solid for any LB not just a rookie 6th rounder

Right now the top LBs
Henry Anderson EDGE, Heisman candidate and most likely gone top 3

Then LB Trenton Simpson Clemson
LB Noah Sewell Oregon (Penei's brother)

I think they were expecting more from the D-line to mask some of the weaknesses in the back 7?which clearly isn?t working right now. I agree with the approach in theory, but this D-line just isn?t disruptive enough.

Would like to see if there?s any improvement overall once they get a few people back (mainly Paschal/Romeo, since I don?t expect to see Levi out there anytime soon).

I think they were expecting more from the D-line to mask some of the weaknesses in the back 7?which clearly isn?t working right now. I agree with the approach in theory, but this D-line just isn?t disruptive enough.

Would like to see if there?s any improvement overall once they get a few people back (mainly Paschal/Romeo, since I don?t expect to see Levi out there anytime soon).

Agree Dline has disappointed. Some injury, some just not playing up to par. They were lost without Walker too though Joseph was fine in his first start on the back end

We'll see what additions from injury help. I'll wait and see what Pashcal, Jacobs, Romeo, Cominsky can do to help. And Walker not coming back. And probably will be more injuries too. And Glenn has to blitz much smarter or they need to get home quickly on the blitzes. Some coaching, some execution there.

Frustrating to score 35 PPG even with loads of offensive injuries and be 1-3 though. Gonna have to take one game a time with this team this year

at Patriots against possible 3rd stringer but a good run game. They better not get gashed for over 200 yards rushing again.

I watched the GB-NE game and NE 3rd string QB looked better and better as time went by. Though he can't tell if someone is about to hit him or not. Zero presence.

Please Dan try and get the lead at New England and make the Patriots throw the ball.

I watched the GB-NE game and NE 3rd string QB looked better and better as time went by. Though he can't tell if someone is about to hit him or not. Zero presence.

I wanted the Lions to draft Bailey Zappe.

He absolutely tore up MSU 2 years ago, even though MSU won the game. He can clearly make reads and deliver a good ball. He has zero mobility. Maybe an above average arm.......but he also can read a defense and if you don't make him move, he'll pick the defense apart.

Now, we know the MSU defense is fucking garbage......but......so is the Lions. If we can't get pressure on him I expect his line to look a like this:

28/38 310 yds 3 TD

If Patricia out-coaches Glenn......AG should be fired before he gets to get on the plane.

Blitz him. Get him uncomfortable. Jump a few short throws. This COULD be a game that the defense actually scores.

I wanted the Lions to draft Bailey Zappe.

He absolutely tore up MSU 2 years ago, even though MSU won the game. He can clearly make reads and deliver a good ball. He has zero mobility. Maybe an above average arm.......but he also can read a defense and if you don't make him move, he'll pick the defense apart.

Now, we know the MSU defense is fucking garbage......but......so is the Lions. If we can't get pressure on him I expect his line to look a like this:

28/38 310 yds 3 TD

If Patricia out-coaches Glenn......AG should be fired before he gets to get on the plane.

Blitz him. Get him uncomfortable. Jump a few short throws. This COULD be a game that the defense actually scores.

That would be embarrassing a defensive minded OC out coaching or defensive minded DC.

If im in charge of fixing this defense over the next couple years im turning my focus to the secondary.

Yes, absolutely we need a dynamic playmaking LB. Thor is fucking terrible.

But Amani is worse...we knew this last year when he made like 7 miracle interceptions simply by being out of position every time lmao.

Safeties???!!! We honestly would be better off if we didnt play any safeties. You may as well play 2 more men on the LOS. What do our safeties do? I havent heard a single safeties name called all YEAR. Even f your CBs are terrible you should have a safety bail them out every once in awhile....not on our team. If someone gets beat deep....theres not a safety in the picture for miles. They do nothing.

Okudah is fine...and im glad he recovered nicely from his injury. But you need 2 more corners and 2 safeties that are worth a shit. and yes..im including tracy walker in the trash heap. Expensive now...does nothing all game...and is injured. bye.

If im in charge of fixing this defense over the next couple years im turning my focus to the secondary.

Yes, absolutely we need a dynamic playmaking LB. Thor is fucking terrible.

But Amani is worse...we knew this last year when he made like 7 miracle interceptions simply by being out of position every time lmao.

Safeties???!!! We honestly would be better off if we didnt play any safeties. You may as well play 2 more men on the LOS. What do our safeties do? I havent heard a single safeties name called all YEAR. Even f your CBs are terrible you should have a safety bail them out every once in awhile....not on our team. If someone gets beat deep....theres not a safety in the picture for miles. They do nothing.

Okudah is fine...and im glad he recovered nicely from his injury. But you need 2 more corners and 2 safeties that are worth a shit. and yes..im including tracy walker in the trash heap. Expensive now...does nothing all game...and is injured. bye.

Kerby Joseph will need to develop for one of them. Walker was important for communication clearly but can't count on him coming off the achilles now (no matter how Okudah recovered). Also AG blitzes the safeties some so gets them out of position at times too. And then Ife is super raw changing from CB to safety too that isn't playing (some injury there too). Who knows what happens at safety with Joseph and Ife and Walker injury.

Jerry Jacobs is going to get a chance to quickly replace AO I think here soon, probably after the bye though. We'll see what he does but with AO, Will Harris and Mike Hughes FAs anyway and Deshon Elliot at SS, we are replacing all 4 of those guys.

And I hope they replace Brockers with Demtrius Taylor. I can't wait until they cut Brockers this offseason. Hell trade him back to the Rams

Kerby Joseph will need to develop for one of them. Walker was important for communication clearly but can't count on him coming off the achilles now (no matter how Okudah recovered). Also AG blitzes the safeties some so gets them out of position at times too. And then Ife is super raw changing from CB to safety too that isn't playing (some injury there too). Who knows what happens at safety with Joseph and Ife and Walker injury.

Jerry Jacobs is going to get a chance to quickly replace AO I think here soon, probably after the bye though. We'll see what he does but with AO, Will Harris and Mike Hughes FAs anyway and Deshon Elliot at SS, we are replacing all 4 of those guys.

And I hope they replace Brockers with Demtrius Taylor. I can't wait until they cut Brockers this offseason. Hell trade him back to the Rams

Rams need a WR. Trade them Chark as soon as Williams is healthy enough to play. The 2022 Rams look a lot like some of those Lions teams where there is one SUPERSTAR WR, OL was average, RB's OK, and that's it. Ben Skowronick = Kris Durham. Higbee is slightly better than Pettidrop Fumblegrew.

That's the Rams offense. I expect Stafford to put up numbers similar to his 2013 season. They don't have a WR not named Kupp that can get open.

Last edited:
Rams need a WR. Trade them Chark as soon as Williams is healthy enough to play. The 2022 Rams look a lot like some of those Lions teams where there is one SUPERSTAR WR, OL was average, RB's OK, and that's it. Ben Skowronick = Kris Durham. Higbee is slightly better than Pettidrop Fumblegrew.

That's the Rams offense. I expect Stafford to put up numbers similar to his 2013 season. They don't have a WR not named Kupp that can get open.

not sure if they have enough cap space to take him on. If they do, send him now, the Lions don't need him, and never really did. It was a pretty stupid signing.

not sure if they have enough cap space to take him on. If they do, send him now, the Lions don't need him, and never really did. It was a pretty stupid signing.

Lions backloaded DJ Chark's deal. He has like a 4 million cap number and Rams probably wouldn't have to take on all of that.

Rams have Allen Robinson on a huge deal though. And might be able to woo back OBJ cheap again

Lions backloaded DJ Chark's deal. He has like a 4 million cap number and Rams probably wouldn't have to take on all of that.

Rams have Allen Robinson on a huge deal though. And might be able to woo back OBJ cheap again

how do they backload a one year deal?

Gotcha.

that seems kind of stupid since they have a bunch of cap space available this year yet push it back?

They don't have that much cap space this year. All the guys on IR/PUP are eating the cap. Had to actually restructure Brockers for more room

Lions will have a good amount of space next year though. Especially if they cut Vaitai (injury) and Brockers (sucks). Romeo Okwara potential cut too if he is not healthy. And then of course Goff but I think they keep him if he keeps up this pace the rest of the year.

Gotcha.

that seems kind of stupid since they have a bunch of cap space available this year yet push it back?

He was signed early in free agency, it?s possible that they wanted more cap space immediately with other moves in mind. Regardless, if the cap increases as expected next year, the cap hit will be minor.

He was signed early in free agency, it?s possible that they wanted more cap space immediately with other moves in mind. Regardless, if the cap increases as expected next year, the cap hit will be minor.

Chark will count 5.96 million against the Lions cap next year

Lions have 18.2 million if it rises 10 million to 218 overall plus 3 million in carry over right now

10 million more in space when they cut Brockers. 28.2 million
8 million more in space if they cut Vaitai. 36.2 million
7 million more in space if they cut Romeo Okwara 43.2 million
20.6 million in free space if they cut Goff (which I am doubting now) especially if they are sitting at 43.2 million without cutting him

43.2 need about 7.5 million for draft and about 4-5 million buffer for PS/IR/53 man). So about 30 million to really spend.

Ragnow and Decker most likely could be restructured to free up space too (Tracy Walker could be restrucutred but least likely with his injury question marks)

Also they could give Hock a new deal and lower his 9.3 million 5th year option cap hit for 2023. But I think at this point, they will let him play out 5th year option in 2023. Maybe franchise tag him in 2024 depending how he does rest of this year and next year. Tag for TE was 10.9 million in 2022. So probably 11.5 or 12 million in 2024 for one year.

Last edited:
Back