Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 5: Lions @ Jaguars Thread

Harmon 2nd ranked in league, Flowers 6th ranked edge defender and Collins 10th ranked LB. Those ex Pats doing really good things for the Lions.

But PFF also has Jarrad Davis with the highest ranked LB coverage grade in the entire NFL. 45 snaps

I speculate that if the Lions drafted Lawrence with the present leadership, he?d refuse to report.
Or just be terrible. Trade Stafford, build the defense and OLINE and pick a 2nd or 3rd round QB and go with it.

Falcons, Texans and Vikings are 1-5 but no slouches of a team

you are wrong...they are all very bad teams. They aren't as bad as the Jets or Redskins but they are all bad teams.

Worst to "best" IMO

Jets
Jags
Redskins
Giants
Falcons
MN
Houston

It is a new owner really though. And the HC/GM wouldn't be here if we are picking Trevor

The Ford Family owns the team. And it will never, ever sell it.

From SFH’s bio, as proof:

“Mrs. Hamp carries the Ford Family's proud legacy that was first established by her father, William Clay Ford, who passed away on March 9, 2014, after serving as the sole owner of the franchise for 50 seasons (1964-2013). Mr. Ford's ownership grew into a deeply-rooted family tradition that now includes multiple generations of the Ford Family.”

Last edited:
That explains why they called pass plays for the 1 yard line on 2nd, 3rd, 4th down in a game they were running the ball so we'll.

I thought the same thing. Was pissed they didn't run it

I've got Big Cock Hock on a fantasy team. I was happy. Considering they don't use their first round pick in any other facet of the passing game.

I speculate that if the Lions drafted Lawrence with the present leadership, he?d refuse to report.

For how much i bash the lions. I think he'd be begging to come here vs a place like the Jets or Jags. I think we end up picking 8-12...way out of the lawrence conversations. Maybe in the Trey Lance/Fields 3rd QB off the board discussion?

you are wrong...they are all very bad teams. They aren't as bad as the Jets or Redskins but they are all bad teams.

Worst to "best" IMO

Jets
Jags
Redskins
Giants
Falcons
MN
Houston

coming from a realistic (negative nancy) fan like myself...we have a legitime chance at winning the next 5 games:

ATL - can we outscore them in an offense vs offense showdown. Whatever the line is..take the over. Does stafford fuck up more than Ryan?...whats going to keep points off the board.

IND - Stop the run....phillip Rivers isnt going to light the world on fire.

MIN - Protect Stafford...dont let up 8+ sacks. Hope the bad Cousins shows up and throws 2+ INTS.

Washington - They will be in the hunt for Trevor Lawrence all year.

Panthers - They are starting a back up QB and have a regressing defense.

Then a couple 50/50 games in the Bears and Texans.

Tough stretch with Pack Titans and Bucs.

Last edited:
coming from a realistic (negative nancy) fan like myself...we have a legitime chance at winning the next 5 games:

ATL - can we outscore them in an offense vs offense showdown. Whatever the line is..take the over. Does stafford fuck up more than Ryan?...whats going to keep points off the board.

IND - Stop the run....phillip Rivers isnt going to light the world on fire.

MIN - Protect Stafford...dont let up 8+ sacks. Hope the bad Cousins shows up and throws 2+ INTS.

Washington - They will be in the hunt for Trevor Lawrence all year.

Panthers - They are starting a back up QB and have a regressing defense.

Then a couple 50/50 games in the Bears and Texans.

Tough stretch with Pack Titans and Bucs.
But you know they won't.

But you know they won't.

It's very possible they could win all 5. We all know they have to go out execute each and every week. You can still lose to anybody. Would be nice if Lions showed up like Jags games and put all 5 away.

However

Falcons have an offense and defense looked improve and healthier last week. Julio and Ridley and Gurley always a worry. Avoid turnovers for sure for easy points for them

Colts are 4-2 but an ugly 4-2. Their defense has playmakers though in Buckner, Leonard and Houston and offense can do just enough

Vikings division game. Do they have Hunter back by then and Cook. Thielen and Jefferson doing good things. Cousins is up and down. Got to turn him over

Panthers have 3 wins too. Not to be taken lightly. Will McCaffery be back for them?

Washington terrible offense but some pass rush

Texans are competitive with everyone. Very tough first 4 games. Watson always dangerous

It's very possible they could win all 5. We all know they have to go out execute each and every week. You can still lose to anybody. Would be nice if Lions showed up like Jags games and put all 5 away.

However

Falcons have an offense and defense looked improve and healthier last week. Julio and Ridley and Gurley always a worry. Avoid turnovers for sure for easy points for them

Colts are 4-2 but an ugly 4-2. Their defense has playmakers though in Buckner, Leonard and Houston and offense can do just enough

Vikings division game. Do they have Hunter back by then and Cook. Thielen and Jefferson doing good things. Cousins is up and down. Got to turn him over

Panthers have 3 wins too. Not to be taken lightly. Will McCaffery be back for them?

Washington terrible offense but some pass rush

Texans are competitive with everyone. Very tough first 4 games. Watson always dangerous

The odds they win all five are slim just because that's the nature of the NFL and especially with the Lions. But make no mistake, none of those teams is any good. Even the Colts are average at best. Atlanta is terrible. They have a few good WRs and Matt Ryan is a good QB but the D is worse than the Lions and Gurley is washed up.

Next 6 games (@Atl, vs Colts, @ MN, vs Skins, @ Car, vs Tx) they will probably go 4-2 which would put them at 6-5

@Bears, vs GB, @ TN, vs Bucs & Vs MN is probably 2-3 or 3-2

gets them to 8-8 or 9-7 ??

The odds they win all five are slim just because that's the nature of the NFL and especially with the Lions. But make no mistake, none of those teams is any good. Even the Colts are average at best. Atlanta is terrible. They have a few good WRs and Matt Ryan is a good QB but the D is worse than the Lions and Gurley is washed up.

Next 6 games (@Atl, vs Colts, @ MN, vs Skins, @ Car, vs Tx) they will probably go 4-2 which would put them at 6-5

@Bears, vs GB, @ TN, vs Bucs & Vs MN is probably 2-3 or 3-2

gets them to 8-8 or 9-7 ??

i agree it should be 8 wins on paper as of right now. But its the lions so we will probably get to 6 with a couple of miraculous losses mixed in there.

Does a 6 win season get Patricia fired? Whats better for the teams future. 8 wins and keep patricia. Or 6 wins and go into another rebuild mode?

i agree it should be 8 wins on paper as of right now. But its the lions so we will probably get to 6 with a couple of miraculous losses mixed in there.

Does a 6 win season get Patricia fired? Whats better for the teams future. 8 wins and keep patricia. Or 6 wins and go into another rebuild mode?

6 or 8 should get them fired. Its playoffs or bust IMO.

Also next year it is AFC North and NFC West. Much much tougher given how those teams are right now. And of course NFC North is strong too.

Agreed they could drop any of those 5 games but I think they could still go 2-2 in final 4 (3 are at home) and beat Texans/Bears too.

So say 4-1, 2-0 against Texans/Bears revenge rematch, then 2-2. That would be 10-6 still. And remember there are 7 NFC playoff teams this year. 9-7 could get you in too. NFC West continue to give each other losses.

Its really week by week. That Bears loss Week 1 could be haunting though. Stupid blown 17 point with 3 CBs out and drop.

Falcons defense is bad but their are pieces there. Stop Tak and Folwer and Grady Jarrett (who is really good). Weapons got to get open on a suspect secondary. Falcons can score points with Julio and Ridley no doubt. It comes down to the Lions front 7 repeating what they did in Jacksonville to pressure Matt Ryan and force turnovers. Gurley 4.3 YPC and 5 TDs. Not that washed up. Good run defense like they did this week is a must too. Makes Falcons one dimensional

Last edited:

Fire Patricia! The player development under this coaching staff has been horrendous.

Fire Patricia! The player development under this coaching staff has been horrendous.

I think youre dead on. Some of those higher defensive Quin picks were definitely developmental guys that didnt work and never developed. Tabor, Davis, Tavaii, Okwara....

I think youre dead on. Some of those higher defensive Quin picks were definitely developmental guys that didnt work and never developed. Tabor, Davis, Tavaii, Okwara....

Tabor was clearly speed and mental. I don't think even Belicheck could develop him. Worst Quinn pick by far

Tavai was supposed to fit. Not having a good second year. Weird offseason for development though. And he is playing more JACK due to injuries

Davis was never drafted for this defense. Has the talent and works hard but he just can't seem to fill a gap correctly. Misses tackles he shouldn't, coverage is developing though but they use him less there with Collins here now

Will Harris was a reach. Same as Tavai. Kearse replaces him

Walker has been FS and box strong safety. He is adjusting still but has played well his first 2 years. Adjusting now.

Okwara is a rookie battling injury. Bryant constantly injured

Okudah rookie but showing improvement. AO for sure developed.

Other players have developed. Decker and Ragnow for instance but on the defense its just not there. Everyone else is vets

Development takes time and will show as the year goes on

Last edited:
Tabor was clearly speed and mental. I don't think even Belicheck could develop him. Worst Quinn pick by far

Tavai was supposed to fit. Not having a good second year. Weird offseason for development though. And he is playing more JACK due to injuries

Davis was never drafted for this defense. Has the talent and works hard but he just can't seem to fill a gap correctly. Misses tackles he shouldn't, coverage is developing though but they use him less there with Collins here now

Will Harris was a reach. Same as Tavai. Kearse replaces him

Walker has been FS and box strong safety. He is adjusting still but has played well his first 2 years. Adjusting now.

Okwara is a rookie battling injury. Bryant constantly injured

Okudah rookie but showing improvement. AO for sure developed.

Other players have developed. Decker and Ragnow for instance but on the defense its just not there. Everyone else is vets

Development takes time and will show as the year goes on

for the most part i agree....except for AO who was a projected 2nd round talent that slid because of top end speed questions. Not sure if you can say we took this developmental player and turned him into a starting calibur talent. I think the reality is they took a risk on a slower player that slid and was forced to start him cause of depth and he hasnt fucked up as much as the rest have lol. Not sure that is quite the same thing...

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2020...-jaguars-all-22-film-marvin-jones-run-defense

Nice breakdown
3 DT looks help the run defense tremendously. Can we use that more? Also went to zone 60% of time.
Marvin Jones still doing things even without production. But he has a knee injury now
Secondary improved. AO stats and metrics backing up that he has looked good for sure. But Jax missed some things too. Will Ryan and Julio and Ridley make them pay?

Falcons game has shootout written all over it. Need to win turnover battle moreso than other games IMO

Last edited:
Back