Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 5: Lions @ Patriots Thread

I thought I saw 7 wins on their schedule. After that performance, I see another top 3 pick

I hate to admit it, but this is likely true.

Hopefully Patthew Pafford will continue to give the opposing defenses touchdowns at a record pace and the Rams will finish 6-11.....that would be fabulous.

I hate to admit it, but this is likely true.

Hopefully Patthew Pafford will continue to give the opposing defenses touchdowns at a record pace and the Rams will finish 6-11.....that would be fabulous.

Same. 0 hope for this team....they almost fooled me into believing in them this year!

Top 3 pick and top 15 Rams pick....LETS GO!!!!

Same. 0 hope for this team....they almost fooled me into believing in them this year!

Top 3 pick and top 15 Rams pick....LETS GO!!!!

Hard Knocks and we all thought they could win 7-9. Decimating injuries always don't help but its ugly right now. We'll see if they can do anything after the bye but I doubt it. 4-13 is what I'm going with now and thats if they actually fix a few things and get healthier (Jacobs, Cominsky/Paschal, Jameson Williams in November, Chark, Swift)

I know the 4th down thing is only one of many issues, but it's like playing Madden with your little cousin and he goes for it on 4th down no matter what.

How much less? Do you care a LOT now and it's going to go down just a bit? A lot? I there a %? I'm going to need more specifics of the scale of caring you are using.

It's couldn't......COULDN'T care less.

I hate being the grammar police but that shit makes people sound stupid.

Then don't.

0%

I know the 4th down thing is only one of many issues, but it's like playing Madden with your little cousin and he goes for it on 4th down no matter what.

4th and 1 own 45. Stuffed. Thought Goff had the first on scramble play before but just missed it

Deep in Pats territory. Goff picked was in double coverage to Hock but on 1st down throw. So even worse

3rd and 7 from NE 31. Sack and then we punt.

4th and 9 at NE 32. Didn't trust our 4th freaking kicker this year to kick a 50 yarder. Not only don't get it but sack fumble returned for TD from 6-3 maybe to 13-0.

Down 19-0. 4th and 2 pass for no gain to St Brown at NE 32. Makes sense down 19-0.

4th and 5 at NE 5. Again makes sense down 26-0 in the 4th

4th and 1 at NE 32. Stuffed again down 26-0

4th and 4 at NE 18 down 29-0 late. Again makes sense to go for it

Only questionable one is the backbreaking 4th and 9 sack/fumble really. Maybe the first one as they got a FG out of it with a shorter field.

7 drives in Pats territory. If FG made on each, 21 points and take away the 7 from the Patriots on the fumble TD. If Lions punt on first drive, maybe Pats don't get the easy short 26-yard drive FG. We'll never know.

Who knows, Lions didn't execute on offense on 4th and other key downs. Defense gave up like 4 longer drive FGs still, one short one (the first Pats FG) and one long TD drive (when all the Lions DBs were hurt)

Lions offense got the ball at mid-field (Elliot lucky pick but good catch off Agholor) before they sack/fumbled for the Pats TD. Game changer at that point. But could have just as easily missed FG and Pats go down and score TD too.

Just a frustrating game, right before the bye too. They made some changes last bye last year after getting killed before it. We'll see what they can do and who comes back healthy (hoping Swift, Chark, Kraemer, Jacobs, Paschal and Cominksy)

Last edited:
Rhule fired in year 3 (on a 7 year deal). Have to wonder if Campbell might get the axe if the Lions struggle the rest of this season into next year.

That said, I have to remember who owns this franchise. Campbell/Holmes will have just long enough of a leash to set the franchise back several years, then they?ll be fired. I don?t necessarily want them fired now, but I also don?t want any hesitation if things continue to look bad.

Rhule fired in year 3 (on a 7 year deal). Have to wonder if Campbell might get the axe if the Lions struggle the rest of this season into next year.

That said, I have to remember who owns this franchise. Campbell/Holmes will have just long enough of a leash to set the franchise back several years, then they?ll be fired. I don?t necessarily want them fired now, but I also don?t want any hesitation if things continue to look bad.

I would be surprised if they got fired after this season. They will get 3 years at least out of 6.

And Holmes didn't really hire Campbell. He was more like one sign off right after he got hired. So it might not be a package deal like Quinn/Patricia.

Personally I'm done giving a shit about this team and franchise. Could care less if they never win another game. They will no longer make me depressed all day on Sunday's

Dear Detroit Lions
Fuck Off and get the hell out of my life.

I dozed off and slept through almost the entire game. Perhaps my favorite Lions experience this season.

PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Mike Hughes 87.3
Thor 80.9
Hutch 80.1
Craig Reynolds 77.8
Jamaal Williams 77.6

Bottom 5 Overall
Price 29.6
Okudah 31.2
Wright 43.4
Hock 47.7
Buggs 50.8

Other notables
Sewell 70.7
Ragnow 70.7
Decker 65
Jackson 58.6
Goff 56.7
Joseph 71.7
Rodrigo 57.9
McNeill 55.1

DB bit hard too...kalif was wide open for a TD deep.

Not the first read I'm sure and depends on the pressure as Goff was seeing ghosts all day too. You don't really want to go deep on 4th down too often too. But yeah probably a missed opportunity by Goff there

I would be surprised if they got fired after this season. They will get 3 years at least out of 6.

And Holmes didn't really hire Campbell. He was more like one sign off right after he got hired. So it might not be a package deal like Quinn/Patricia.

So dumb to give them a 6yr deal with no other interest in at least Campbell. Also dumb not to let the gm at least be a bigger contributor in picking the coach. That?s why I wouldn?t mind if Holmes got a year or 2 more than Campbell if they are terrible next year. I wonder if he only agreed to sign on if he stays on if Campbell is a dud.

So dumb to give them a 6yr deal with no other interest in at least Campbell. Also dumb not to let the gm at least be a bigger contributor in picking the coach. That?s why I wouldn?t mind if Holmes got a year or 2 more than Campbell if they are terrible next year. I wonder if he only agreed to sign on if he stays on if Campbell is a dud.

Holmes has been very clear about the process of rebuilding and not rushing into it. All the signs were right in front of us that we were tanking this season. We didn?t sign any impact free agents. Re-signed damn near the whole 3-win roster. Moved up in the first round to draft a player we knew wouldn?t play a minimum of 10weeks. Used a 2nd rounder on a injured player. Kept Goff as the starting QB.

Once we have the roster Holmes is after, he?ll start hunting for his guy to be the next coach. Campbell was hired to entertain and take the fall, not X?s and O?s or win football games. Campbell has done exactly what he was hired to do.

Players need to learn accountability. If you're happy with how you're coached and you play like that on sundays.... you deserve to lose your coach.

Players need to learn accountability. If you're happy with how you're coached and you play like that on sundays.... you deserve to lose your coach.

Aren?t we the team that can and the team that will?

Were there any real impact free agents this off-season (excluding vets chasing rings)?

I seem to recall that this class was fairly weak. Regardless, I don?t think they should be splurging in year two of a rebuild. In reality, they?ll need to overpay for mediocre players and missing on one or two of those big contracts will tie up cap space.

Back