Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 5: Lions @ Patriots Thread

I see improvements from some very bad teams last season. The lions are not improving at all under Dan from last season.

Well that didn?t go as planned.

1st time I thought we really got outclassed in all phases in a while.

Offense was bad in all pressure situations. 3rd and 4th downs?..red zone plays?.dropped crucial catches.

Defense was decimated. But, still gotta play. Still absolutely no pass rush. It?s easily our biggest problem. It?s embarrassing. Not one of our blitzes got home. Hutchinson is still invisible. They are not doubling him anymore. I saw a lot of doubles on McNeil. Secondary is not good, either. Okudah struggled today.

Special teams ok. Nothing special. No need to sign a kicker though if you have no plans to use him.

Stafford a fumble 6 for Rams.

Yeah, I was going to say if it?s any consolation to the Stafford haters here - I guess not including whoever might not be here because they?re apparently banned for wishing death on other posters and their families ? well I guess it?s consolation.

I had a little bit of hope for the lions going into the season.

I guess I have a little bit of hope for the lions going into every season.

Why not? After all, they?re undefeated until the end of the first game.

Last edited:
Rams lost again(mainly because of Staffords 3 bad turnovers). Be nice if that pick can get into the teens.

Rams lost again(mainly because of Staffords 3 bad turnovers). Be nice if that pick can get into the teens.

I got $100 saying we?ll draft a TE with the top 3 pick and $100 RT w the Rams pick.

Picks mean nothing when you don?t know how to use them.

I got $100 saying we?ll draft a TE with the top 3 pick and $100 RT w the Rams pick.

Picks mean nothing when you don?t know how to use them.

Well, that?s never been a problem for the Lions, they?re almost always been in among the most advantageous draft positions and they?ve pretty much always maximized that advantage.

Well, that?s never been a problem for the Lions, they?re almost always been in among the most advantageous draft positions and they?ve pretty much always maximized that advantage.

We suck brother. That?s not changing this year or next. We?re who we thought they were!

0 for 6 on 4th down including a game changing fumble for pats td. 7 times in patriots territory and 0 points. Wow just wow. Took 7 dbs hurt and ao benched for lions for zappe to get a td though.

Not a good idea for stud tackles to allow judon to dominate

Figure out how to win and also jusy stay healthy enough to compete at this point

Qb probably, kicker, defense and health. Need it all

Did our stupid head coach and oc ever adjust to the Patriots Rush ? Pathetic in game adjustments today. Just pathetic. That said Goff made terrible reads all day. Threw into double coverage. He was pathetic. Missed a easy Td after being baited by the defense.
Offense line was reading the press clippings I guess.

Last edited:
I thought I saw 7 wins on their schedule. After that performance, I see another top 3 pick

Would need to get to 6-6 in final 12 to get to 7-10. Not really seeing it either with the Jets and Giants both improved (and both those games on the road)

Chicago twice (maybe) at Carolina and Jags are the weakest teams. But the Lions would have to win 2 road games in that scenario. And that is only 5 wins. Miami has major QB injuries so that is in play. Green Bay and Minnesota at Ford Field are wild cards.

at Dallas is a loss given how the Cowboys defense is playing and Detroit won't stop their rushing attack. Buffalo a crushing loss on Thanksgiving.

4-13 going 3-9 the rest of the way. But if more injuries hit and they play like they did on Sunday, they might only win the one game.

We'll see what pick that gets us.

Personally I'm done giving a shit about this team and franchise. Could care less if they never win another game. They will no longer make me depressed all day on Sunday's

Dear Detroit Lions
Fuck Off and get the hell out of my life.

Personally I'm done giving a shit about this team and franchise. Could care less if they never win another game. They will no longer make me depressed all day on Sunday's

Dear Detroit Lions

We get a bye week at least

Could care less

Dear Detroit Lions

How much less? Do you care a LOT now and it's going to go down just a bit? A lot? I there a %? I'm going to need more specifics of the scale of caring you are using.

It's couldn't......COULDN'T care less.

I hate being the grammar police but that shit makes people sound stupid.

Back