Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 5: Lions @ Vikings Thread

Prevent never works.

We have zero luck Because of stupid coaching.

Packers getting ready to win in ot because of a int.

Last edited:
Luck favors the prepared.

Having an End of game plan for that situation would be better. I cannot imagine ?really soft zone that easily gives up 25? is the best we can do.

But it?s EXACTLY what we ran in BOtH the plays that went for over 25 easily.

We went man on the 2nd play. They gained 7 and got tackled in bounds.

Luck favors the prepared.

Having an End of game plan for that situation would be better. I cannot imagine ?really soft zone that easily gives up 25? is the best we can do.

But it?s EXACTLY what we ran in BOtH the plays that went for over 25 easily.

We went man on the 2nd play. They gained 7 and got tackled in bounds.

Poor coaching

Perfection continues!

Goff knows exactly how to lose games and provide the Lions the #1 pick... that is ideal right now. Trade down for extra picks and still pick up a stud WR with the first pick and then focus on D the rest of the way.

I'm so looking forward to 2024...team is gonna fucking BEAST!!!

The Lions are the first team to lose 2 games by game ending, 50+ yard FG in the same season in NFL history.

We?re 5 games in.

Average distance for those 2 kicks?..60 yards.

Last edited:
Fucking no pressure on Cousins on 2 of 3 plays before 54 yard field goal. What the fuck is our defensive coordinator doing on first and third down. I?ve watched those plays a bunch and times Wr were wide fucking open. They only rushed 3 on third down. What fucking embarrassing defense. What the hell is that middle linebacker doing? He just sat in one place and never freaking moved until he thought it was going underneath. What a complete dumb ass.

Last edited:
Kudos to the defense until the end

Record breaking loss again witha long fg. 2 in season

Lets see how they respond. We are doomed to score 17 every week. Was 41 17 against san fran before crazy comeback and if kicked fg against bears would have had 17

No more away divison games. Crazy ass scheduling

Kendricks one handed pick. Are you kidding me. And jeffersons catch on vikings first fg drive. Several other near ints and one other vikings fumble they got lucky on too

On to the bengals and the number 1 pick. Battling the giants and jets and jags

Last edited:
The Lions are the first team to lose 2 games by game ending, 50+ yard FG in the same season in NFL history.

We?re 5 games in.

Average distance for those 2 kicks?..60 yards.

Imagine how upsetting this would be during a season with playoff potential.

Instead it is happening during a potential 0-17 year.

Embrace the fact that this is beneficial, that it actually helps us to lose these games. That, unlike 2008, this team is competitive with probably the worst roster ever...and then that rosters best players are injured leaving them with scrubs. And yet, they almost won today!

This implies the players are performing better than their potential. This likely means the coaches are actually maximizing their players' abilities.

Now think about how things will be with these coaches 3 years from now when they have a roster full of above average players complimented with several star players.

This is laying the groundwork for future success. The players are continually telling everyone how much the coaches are awesome. Compare that to the situation in Jacksonville for a moment.

Think about how quickly the Bears turned around under Ditka and the Cowboys under Johnson.

This team is actually going to be great in a few short years. Multiple Super Bowls great. When you begin to see and understand that, losses like today are seen as beneficial.

Last edited:
Defense played better than I expected. But part of that was Minnesotas dumb play calling. They could have thrown to Jefferson the entire game and it would have been 45-9.

Offense is awful. Disregarding the wr talent was another big mistake by holmes.

0-17 still very possible.

We need impact guys. Thibodeaux at 1. Treylon Burks with the rams pick. Safety in rd 2.

Defense played better than I expected. But part of that was Minnesotas dumb play calling. They could have thrown to Jefferson the entire game and it would have been 45-9.

Offense is awful. Disregarding the wr talent was another big mistake by holmes.

0-17 still very possible.

We need impact guys. Thibodeaux at 1. Treylon Burks with the rams pick. Safety in rd 2.

We might not score 20 points the rest of the season unless we get a defensive TD or Special teams TD during a game.

We might not score 20 points the rest of the season unless we get a defensive TD or Special teams TD during a game.

They keep rotating Williams and swift. I think they both need to be on the field at all times. We don't take advantage of match ups. Threat of run with Williams then get swift matched up and take advantage of it. Hock either gets lost a majority of the game or drops the ball. Wrs we have just aren't going to cut it... none of them.

Last edited:
Back