Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 5: Lions @ Vikings Thread

Just watched Dungy talking about when he went 0-5 and fans were calling him out. He also says he really likes what the Lions coaches are building. It starts with attitude, and Campbell has this team fighting in an impressive way.

I fully agree. I have never seen the Lions with this type of losing streak have the fight in them that this team does. And again, we know these guys are scrubs and the coaches do to... yet every single person is invested, engaged, and willing to fight.

I'm actually starting to love this team!

Crazy thing is were about 5 yards away from having the same record as the chiefs lol. Aaron Glenn for mvp.

Last edited:
Ps.... who the fuck are you covering 39? 2 plays in a row?! How the fuck are you in the nfl?

Will harris with the shitty assist on the 2nd catch as well. What the fuck kind of safety play is that?!

Was hoping the coaching staff would learn from their mistakes, but this played out exactly like the Baltimore game. Not a good look.

This team can?t play prevent with their ragtag group of special teams/practice squad secondary and they need to try another approach in these situations.

I want to give Glenn and the defense some credit yesterday, but like Hughes said, I don?t know what the fuck Minnesota was doing on offense yesterday. Cook was ruled out and they completely lost their minds, Cousins could have thrown for 400+ yards easily.

Lions are the worst in terms of skill and talent, but first in terms of heart and determination.

That starts with the coaches, and will remain with the team as they bring in new and better players because the coaches have removed those who lack heart and determination.

This is why this team is going to have a quick turn around and be playoff contenders in short order.

Lions are the worst in terms of skill and talent, but first in terms of heart and determination.

That starts with the coaches, and will remain with the team as they bring in new and better players because the coaches have removed those who lack heart and determination.

This is why this team is going to have a quick turn around and be playoff contenders in short order.

They are going to need to find some WR, strong safety, LB talent. Game changing pass rusher now with Okwara with an achilles. And a new QB. But yeah if they keep the heart and do that, they can turn it around by 2023. 2022 schedule isn't actually bad at all with NFC East and AFC East plus playing 4th place teams in NFC South and NFC West. If Rodgers leaves that would be huge too. Bears/Vikings we can beat, we are close already even with a scrub team. So take advantage of that in 2022.

Last edited:
They are going to need to find some WR, strong safety, LB talent. Game changing pass rusher now with Okwara with an achilles. And a new QB. But yeah if they keep the heart and do that, they can turn it around by 2023. 2022 schedule isn't actually bad at all with NFC East and AFC East plus playing 4th place teams in NFC South and NFC West. If Rodgers leaves that would be huge too. Bears/Vikings we can beat, we are close already even with a scrub team. So take advantage of that in 2022.

I keep looking at the bad teams around the NFL to see who we could acquire to help be competitive. Here is my short list so far. Also, it goes without saying I have NO IDEA if these teams would be willing to trade these players. Just looking for impact trades that could be made THIS year for their impact on the team NEXT year.

1. Brandon Cooks - WR - Houston. Texans have no need for him. He is still talented, brings the home run threat we clearly don't have AND has another year on his contract so he wouldn't hurt the long term rebuild. Probably would cost a 5th or 6th rounder.

2. Deion Jones - LB - Atlanta. This one is a stretch....but his base salaries the next two years are $9.6M and $12.0M. He is only 26. Atlanta is going to start a rebuild and he may not want to stay around for that. An athletic 3 down LB. Good coverage skills. A contract that could be extended to be cheap in 2022 and 2023. Would probably cost a 2nd round pick....but might be worth it.

Honestly, the biggest issue we had in getting quality FAs under Patricia was the poor rep the coaches had from day 1, like Jax has with Urban. Jax has no shot at a quality FA while he is their coach, no matter how much they throw on the table.

The Lions though have piqued interest as word gets around that the current coaches are solid player oriented guys who simply ask for heart and determination. They see what these coaches are doing with such little talent. They will do much better in FA year over year. And with the young talent they bring in through the draft, the 2022 Lions will have a winning record and 2023 will win the division, then 2024 they win the SB.

Honestly, the biggest issue we had in getting quality FAs under Patricia was the poor rep the coaches had from day 1, like Jax has with Urban. Jax has no shot at a quality FA while he is their coach, no matter how much they throw on the table.

The Lions though have piqued interest as word gets around that the current coaches are solid player oriented guys who simply ask for heart and determination. They see what these coaches are doing with such little talent. They will do much better in FA year over year. And with the young talent they bring in through the draft, the 2022 Lions will have a winning record and 2023 will win the division, then 2024 they win the SB.

I wish I had that optimism.

I agree with you on Campbell. He is someone guys will want to play for. He is all heart. Knows he's not an X's and O's guy but surrounds himself with the right kind of coordinators who are. The heart some of these young UDFA and low grade FA's have shown is a very good sign.

As far as the franchise's trajectory.....well.....lets get a W first. 0-3 pre season. 0-5 regular season. Questionable decision making in at least 3 of those 5 games.

I know first time HC's will need some time on the job, just like players.....but until I see a better late game strategy from our HC and DC.....I'm gonna hold off on the Super Bowl predictions.

Barring us getting the next Mahomes, that is lofty expectations based on where we are right now.

Yeah you don't just make the Super Bowl for losing close games

Patricia lost a ton of closs games and blown 4th Quaters leads late in 2018/2019. And some times young players just don't develop either (Tavai, Will Harris etc)

Glad the coaches care now at least but alot more talent needed, learn from coaching mistakes and stay innovative with the play calling too. Plus they'll need experience winning and in playoffs to take that next step for Super Bowl. Not Patricia far away but really far away still

Last edited:
https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/10...-broken-collarbone-could-be-out-for-year.html

Cephus has a broken collarbone, could be out for the year. He actually seemed to be decent this year as a WR3/4 playing as a 1. This team is getting fucked on all fronts.

Guess it?s down to Raymond and Amon-Ra now lol.

Edit: Forgot about Benson, but everyone else probably did too

Benson played 20 snaps and dropped 2 balls. Waste so far

Tom Kennedy plays, Ty Williams could come back from IR if he isn't a potato or promote Geronimo Allison

More wasted developmental time for a young player with Cephus (2 cheap years left after this season)

Benson played 20 snaps and dropped 2 balls. Waste so far

Tom Kennedy plays, Ty Williams could come back from IR if he isn't a potato or promote Geronimo Allison

More wasted developmental time for a young player with Cephus (2 cheap years left after this season)

I just picked up Trinity Benson on my fantasy team.

I'm kidding.....we don't get points for dropped passes.

That one guy Hodge had the ball thrown his way a few times, about all I can say.

I?ve never felt so disconnected from a roster before. Didn?t even recognize most of the names on the inactive list yesterday. Who the hell is Jesse Lemonier?

That one guy Hodge had the ball thrown his way a few times, about all I can say.

I?ve never felt so disconnected from a roster before. Didn?t even recognize most of the names on the inactive list yesterday. Who the hell is Jesse Lemonier?

Edge guy. They just picked him up. Was on Charger with Lynn maybe

Hodge caught the 2 pointer at least

I wish I had that optimism.

I agree with you on Campbell. He is someone guys will want to play for. He is all heart. Knows he's not an X's and O's guy but surrounds himself with the right kind of coordinators who are. The heart some of these young UDFA and low grade FA's have shown is a very good sign.

As far as the franchise's trajectory.....well.....lets get a W first. 0-3 pre season. 0-5 regular season. Questionable decision making in at least 3 of those 5 games.

I know first time HC's will need some time on the job, just like players.....but until I see a better late game strategy from our HC and DC.....I'm gonna hold off on the Super Bowl predictions.

I will hold this opinion even when they go 0-17 this year. These guys are not losing nearly as badly as the 2008 team despite their talent level being worse and their best players getting injured. That's because of the coaching, and if they can do it with this ragtag motley group of misfit toys, they can win the SB with talented ones.

Was hoping the coaching staff would learn from their mistakes, but this played out exactly like the Baltimore game. Not a good look.

This team can?t play prevent with their ragtag group of special teams/practice squad secondary and they need to try another approach in these situations.

I want to give Glenn and the defense some credit yesterday, but like Hughes said, I don?t know what the fuck Minnesota was doing on offense yesterday. Cook was ruled out and they completely lost their minds, Cousins could have thrown for 400+ yards easily.

I can only conclude mike zimmer is not a good head coach there was no reason for them to be running so much the Lions can't stop the pass for shit. everybody knows that cept for Zimmer apparently. Only reason Lions were in this game at all was due to Zimmer being completely inept.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/10...-broken-collarbone-could-be-out-for-year.html

Cephus has a broken collarbone, could be out for the year. He actually seemed to be decent this year as a WR3/4 playing as a 1. This team is getting fucked on all fronts.

Guess it?s down to Raymond and Amon-Ra now lol.

Edit: Forgot about Benson, but everyone else probably did too

I have every confidence in the world the Lions will be the first team in NFL history to go 0-17 this year and top the 0-16

Back