Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 6: Lions @ Bucs Thread

Spilt is huge next 2 games. Now we get greedy maybe !

@ Baltimore isn't going to be easy at all. But home again vs LV before a tough west coast trip to the Chargers should be fun. Win 2/3 of those and we're set up for a nice 2nd half. Only trips to NO and Dal make me worry.

It's to the point now where I just expect the defense will get the stop, or the offense will score a TD, someone will make the play, etc. I figured this game would be low scoring and a tough win, but at no point today did I feel my blood pressure rising. There was never a moment like, WTF ARE WE DOING!!! And that's becoming more common. It's a nice feeling.

Where would the clock be now they ran it 3 downs in a row There is a time for gas and a time to dail it back and you know it.

Game Situations. Come on G.

Couldn't run for shit all game. 1.8 ypc on 22 attempts. Pathetic. Throwing won us the game

Couldn't run for shit all game. 1.8 ypc on 22 attempts. Pathetic. Throwing won us the game

Again it doesn't matter. Run run run. Manage the clock after that first down.
Tampa Bay has less time and no timeouts Again im not taking about doing it with 10 minutes left..
I just disagree. Clock was the lions opponent that late in the game. Making them use thier timeouts.

Last edited:
At some point the injuries will catch up with them. I don't think it's this week, though. I think it will be next week at Baltimore.

Lions 27
Bucs 17

Lions get 2 big INT's and a solid game from the offense. 250 passing. 100 rushing.

Another team win without any individual standout.

I do think JMo gets a 40+ yard play.

I got 1 out of 3 right.

Good win against a tough defense.

Glad JMO showed up once.

Won despite poor running and Monty injury

Great job Detroit and Goff under some pressure

Moseley, CGJ, and Branch out even and the Defense holds them to 6. Great job Glenn And Brad Holmes

This game pretty much went as I expected. I just didn?t expect the D to be THAT good! I figured Evans would burn em for at least one big TD. Hope Monty will be ok?getting awfully thin at RB. Wouldn?t be mad if they traded for some help there.

The BIGGEST thing that worries be about this team right now: Do you trust Patterson to make a 45+ at the end of a game to win? I don?t. And it?s going to come up at SOME point this season.

Lions need to start getting some love from the national media. Good morning nfl is talking about them,
Espn is jacking off on the Jets win.

Won 21-20 at Kansas City .
Lost 37-31 vs Seattle.
Won 20-6 Vs Atlanta
Won 34-20 at Green Bay
Won 42-24 vs Carolina
Won 20-6 at Tampa Bay

Tampa Bay 1-4 when they have brought back the cream uniforms lol.

Lions 13-3 since week nine of the last season.

Last edited:
Lions have won four in a row

By 14 over Atlanta
By 14 at Green Bay
By 20 over Carolina
By 14 at Tampa Bay

Without 3 starting DBs (if mosely included) and without the top two RBs. This team is so impressive.

Jacobs and Tracy Walker and Will Harris are all starters from last year. (and previously too). So experienced depth you can work with goes along way. But Branch is such a baller I can't wait to have him back over Harris. CGJ and Moseley were very good ideas at upgrades though just didn't work out with injury risk. But plan B was nicely in place from Holmes with the 2022 startes still here.

Same with Glasgow I would say too. Great depth. Surprised they did not play Vaitai

Goff and company stepped up big time with the run game not good with Monty/Gibbs out. And that block by Reynolds is one of the best things I have seen. Great to see. Amazed at how well Goff is playing

Run D no team over 100 yards in 6 games. Great job Dline and LBs really stepped up. Got to give Anzalone his due. Punching bag for 2 years and he just needed to move to Will. Earned that three year deal which looks great.

Last edited:
PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Amon-Ra 84.4
Sutton 81.8
Thor 81.6
Goff 75.1
Jacobs 74.3

Bottom 5 Overall
Joseph 27.9
W Harris 29.8
Wright 44.5
Montgomery 45.6
Walker 53.9

Other notables
R Okwara 77.5 (9 snaps)
Sewell 73.1
McNeill 71.1
Glasgow 68.8
Campbell 66.7
Jamo 66.2
Decker 64.4
Cominsky 60.9
Barnes 59.9
Hutch 59.8
LaPorta 59.4
Ragnow 56

Reactions: 503
PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Amon-Ra 84.4
Sutton 81.8
Thor 81.6
Goff 75.1
Jacobs 74.3

Bottom 5 Overall
Joseph 27.9
W Harris 29.8
Wright 44.5
Montgomery 45.6
Walker 53.9

Other notables
R Okwara 77.5 (9 snaps)
Sewell 73.1
McNeill 71.1
Glasgow 68.8
Campbell 66.7
Jamo 66.2
Decker 64.4
Cominsky 60.9
Barnes 59.9
Hutch 59.8
LaPorta 59.4
Ragnow 56

Reynolds should get a 100 for that block.

I think that's the most impressive thing about this team right now is we've been winning without some key guys each week. That was unfathomable in the past. Someone else just steps up now. Someone makes a block, someone makes a catch, someone gets a sack, someone makes a great tackle or a big hit, someone punts the ball inside the 2 yard line, etc.

Back