Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 6: Lions @ Bucs Thread

I think that's the most impressive thing about this team right now is we've been winning without some key guys each week. That was unfathomable in the past. Someone else just steps up now. Someone makes a block, someone makes a catch, someone gets a sack, someone makes a great tackle or a big hit, someone punts the ball inside the 2 yard line, etc.

Tip pass has been Huge for the defense this year. You are so right. When have the Lions ever done the little things in a game to put them over the top.

Without 3 starting DBs (if mosely included) and without the top two RBs. This team is so impressive.

It has been. I think that's what blows my mind the most. I'm 44....I don't think I can remember a Lions team that consistently won games "the right way". Meaning, we are just beating teams with talent and coaching. Defensively shutting the bad offenses down. Offensively winning different ways. Ran the ball down GB's throat. TB shut down the run, so we threw for 353 and hit a couple big plays while the D was really good.

We can win shootouts (except against Seattle, who has our number). We can win with D. We can run it. We can throw it.

It's fun to watch a well coached, talented, hungry team compete each weak.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...efs-brian-burns-to-ravens-and-13-other-moves/

CBS article with trade proposals, Lions had one. I know it?s all bullshit, but figured I?d throw it out here.

Lions acquire DL Leonard Williams
Lions get: DL Leonard Williams
Giants get: 2024 third-round pick
Detroit's defense is on the rise, and with a legit playoff push in sight thanks to a 5-1 start, Williams could be a bonus addition next to Aidan Hutchinson, giving them a more fearsome front. New York's own "D" is staying relatively competitive, but at 1-5, the G-Men should be selling, and their former prized trade acquisition is on an expensive, expiring contract.

Back