Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 6: Vikings @ Lions Thread

grandy

Minnesota Vikings (4-2) @ Detroit Lions (2-2-1)

Previews
Pride of Detroit
Yahoo
CBS Sports
ESPN
Daily Norseman

Injury Report
Link (from Friday)

Lions
DT Mike Daniels (foot) - Out
CB Amani Oruwariye (knee) - Out
FB Nick Bawden (back) - Questionable
DB Quandre Diggs (hamstring) - Questionable
DL Da?Shawn Hand (elbow) - Questionable
CB Darius Slay (hamstring) - Questionable
T Rick Wagner (knee) - Questionable

Vikings
LB Ben Gedeon (concussion) - Out
LB Kentrell Brothers (hamstring) - Questionable

Series History
Link
The Lions are 39-74-2 against the Vikings
Last Game: 12/23/2018, Vikings 27 Lions 9
Last Win: 10/1/2017, Lions 14 Vikings 7
Last Win in Detroit: 11/24/2016, Lions 16 Vikings 13
Recent Games: The Vikings have won the last 3 meetings

Football Outsiders Stats

Ranks in parentheses. For info on acronyms and definitions, click on the links.

Team Efficiency

Total DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average)
Minnesota 21.9% (4th)
Detroit 5.8% (14th)

Weighted DVOA (DVOA adjusted for recent games)
Minnesota 15.2% (4th)
Detroit 4.9% (15th)

Offense DVOA
Minnesota 10.8% (5th)
Detroit -4.3% (21st)

Defense DVOA
Minnesota -10.9% (6th)
Detroit -3.9% (12th)

Special Teams DVOA
Detroit 6.3% (2nd)
Minnesota 0.2% (14th)

Team Offense

Weighted Offense DVOA
Minnesota 6.2% (10th)
Detroit -0.3% (16th)

Pass Offense
Detroit 28.3% (4th)
Minnesota 25.4% (7th)

Rush Offense
Minnesota 5.2% (9th)
Detroit -24.4% (28th)

Team Defense

Weighted Defense DVOA
Minnesota -9.2% (3rd)
Detroit -1.4% (15th)

Pass Defense
Minnesota -2.8% (8th)
Detroit -1.5% (10th)

Rush Defense
Minnesota -22.7% (4th)
Detroit -7.4% (17th)

Offensive Lines

Adjusted Line Yards
Minnesota 4.53 (12th)
Detroit 4.23 (18th)

Power Success
Minnesota 71% (13th)
Detroit 50% (26th)

Stuffed
Minnesota 18% (12th)
Detroit 23% (27th)

2nd Level Yards
Minnesota 1.41 (4th)
Detroit 1.05 (24th)

Open Field Yards
Minnesota 1.68 (3rd)
Detroit 0.54 (23rd)

Adjusted Sack Rate
Detroit 5.7% (12th)
Minnesota 7.7% (22nd)

Defensive Lines

Adjusted Line Yards
Minnesota 4.54 (22nd)
Detroit 4.65 (26th)

Power Success
Minnesota 50% (5th)
Detroit 71% (22nd)

Stuffed
Minnesota 15% (26th)
Detroit 12% (32nd)

2nd Level Yards
Minnesota 1.02 (8th)
Detroit 1.14 (14th)

Open Field Yards
Minnesota 0.26 (3rd)
Detroit 0.84 (19th)

Adjusted Sack Rate
Minnesota 8.2% (10th)
Detroit 5.6% (24th)

Drive Stats

Net Yards/Drive
Minnesota 4.41 (6th)
Detroit -5.21 (26th)

Net Points/Drive
Minnesota 0.86 (3rd)
Detroit 0.02 (17th)

Net DSR (Drive Success Rate)
Minnesota 0.031 (9th)
Detroit -0.290 (22nd)

Offense Yards/Drive
Minnesota 34.62 (9th)
Detroit 31.72 (18th)

Offense Points/Drive
Minnesota 2.31 (9th)
Detroit 1.96 (18th)

Offense DSR
Minnesota 0.721 (12th)
Detroit 0.685 (20th)

Defense Yards/Drive
Minnesota 30.22 (10th)
Detroit 36.93 (27th)

Defense Points/Drive
Minnesota 1.45 (6th)
Detroit 1.95 (13th)

Defense DSR
Minnesota 0.690 (8th)
Detroit 0.714 (20th)

The advanced stats overwhelmingly favor the Vikings, they could easily dominate this game. I'm surprised that the Vikings are only a 2 point favorite this morning, should be easy money.

The advanced stats overwhelmingly favor the Vikings, they could easily dominate this game. I'm surprised that the Vikings are only a 2 point favorite this morning, should be easy money.

Dalvin Cook is the most expensive player in daily fantasy in almost every format this weekend. I think most unbiased betters are salivating at that spread.

Their dline plays to their potential...it wil wreck any offensive strategy we put in place.

I choose not to watch the lions tomorrow I could but will not out of silent protest for last weeks fix bullshit flags the NFL treats the lions like Chumps and has been stealing games from them for years and it?s never going to change for as long as we continue to watch this fixed NFL for entertainment purposes only weekly rigging of games.

Last edited:
The best chance of winning involves forcing Cousins into making mistakes, but the Lions are incapable of putting pressure on the QB. So... :hmm:

Lions defensive line is pure trash, not sure why they signed Flowers, guy is nowhere near elite. Complete waste of money. Bet Minnesota beats us by 20+ points

The best chance of winning involves forcing Cousins into making mistakes, but the Lions are incapable of putting pressure on the QB. So... :hmm:

Lions can't stop the run, how exactly do you force Cousins into mistakes when they can just run the ball down the Lions throats?

Last edited:
Lions defensive line is pure trash, not sure why they signed Flowers, guy is nowhere near elite. Complete waste of money. Bet Minnesota beats us by 20+ points

And yet if the ref does his job the 3rd and 9 sack probably wins the game. Yeah he has to do better but he did verses Green Bay.

Not a chance we'll lose by 20.

Not a chance we'll lose by 20.

Not with Cousins at QB. It would take a historic night of scoring defense for that to happen. And Detroit has taken care of the ball for the most part so that is unlikely.

Not with Cousins at QB. It would take a historic night of scoring defense for that to happen. And Detroit has taken care of the ball for the most part so that is unlikely.

Yep...we've been in every single game this year. Even winning late in the 4th quarter. There isn't one team in the NFL that will blow us out. Saying that tho...time to fucking close out games!!! Absolute travesty what their record is right now!! This team should be 5-0 or at worse, 4-1. It's just sad that the Lions have to be up by 3 scores to even have a fair shake in this fucking league.
Ya, i'm still bitter....lol.

That’s a great idea every lions fan should get their own flag and fill the home games waving the flag as our rally cry.

Stat that I'm most worried about is points allowed in the 4th quarter. Minnesota has allowed an average of 3.2 (3rd in NFL) while the Lions have allowed 9.8 (32nd in NFL).

Leads me to 27-24 Vikings despite the Lions leading most of the game.

looks like we get shitty stafford today boys. completely killed that drive with 3 way off target throws.

Makes me think we didn't even want to attempt that FG. Why were they taking for ever to snap it? Snap Hold Kick

Back