Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 7: Dolphins @ Lions Thread

I'm waiting for LKP to inform us as to why the Lions got robbed of a true win

When Lucas, Elliot and Hughes get healthy and DL is better we probably win today.

10 more games to go we could finish 9-8, or 10-7 easily. Winning playoff game no problem.

Good thing we got swift and st brown back for those 0 second half points!

We did score 27 though. 4th and 2 deep with Reynolds the only option not the best execution or play call.

Only 3 drives second half because defense couldn't get a stop. and penalties and sack. Oline issues there. St Brown did have a drop and Goff missed wide open Hock on the previous possession taking the sack.

Defense more of the problem again in this one and the defensive overhaul better be coming this offseason on the back-end. Hill and Waddle are also pretty good players.

Last edited:
When Lucas, Elliot and Hughes get healthy and DL is better we probably win today.

10 more games to go we could finish 9-8, or 10-7 easily. Winning playoff game no problem.

Dline does have to play better but the WRS were getting separation so quickly it didn't seem to matter. Revamp of CB2, nickel CB and SS and MIKE LB is coming this offseason. Along with a new QB.

Will they finish 9-1 or 8-2 probably not again given the continued injuries and talent gaps.

I would like to see Lucas at nickel at least. Parker got beat bad and got hurt. Hughes blew his chance.

Hughes nor Elliot are not the future at SS.

Jerry Jacobs time for CB2 over AO and Will Harris. Even if Jacobs steps up, still need upgrade for CB2 next offseason.

Dline does have to play better but the WRS were getting separation so quickly it didn't seem to matter. Revamp of CB2, nickel CB and SS and MIKE LB is coming this offseason. Along with a new QB.

Will they finish 9-1 or 8-2 probably not again given the continued injuries and talent gaps.

I would like to see Lucas at nickel at least. Parker got beat bad and got hurt. Hughes blew his chance.

Hughes nor Elliot are not the future at SS.

Jerry Jacobs time for CB2 over AO and Will Harris. Even if Jacobs steps up, still need upgrade for CB2 next offseason.

I was making a joke son. You're the master so I will adhere to you.

PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Goff 85
Brown 83.2
Jonah Jackson 74.5
Hock 74
Ragnow 73.7

Bottom 5 Overall
Parker 29.4
Buggs 29.5
Okwara 30.6
Oruwariye 37.4
Rodrigo 42.3

Other notables
Sewell 67.1
Decker 53.1
Joseph 71.2
McNeill 53.3
Jamaal Williams 69.5
Paschal 51.9
Swift 66.9
Amon-Ra 65.9
Josh Reynolds 48
Okudah 69.1
Thor 65.1
Hutch 57.3

Reactions: 503
Interior Oline played that well and Swift kept bouncing it outside afraid to get hit. Hopefully Swift can back to being confident

PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Goff 85
Brown 83.2
Jonah Jackson 74.5
Hock 74
Ragnow 73.7

Bottom 5 Overall
Parker 29.4
Buggs 29.5
Okwara 30.6
Oruwariye 37.4
Rodrigo 42.3

Other notables
Sewell 67.1
Decker 53.1
Joseph 71.2
McNeill 53.3
Jamaal Williams 69.5
Paschal 51.9
Swift 66.9
Amon-Ra 65.9
Josh Reynolds 48
Okudah 69.1
Thor 65.1
Hutch 57.3

Do you know what the formula is for how they determine the grades? Thank you.

Do you know what the formula is for how they determine the grades? Thank you.

I believe it?s a cumulative score based on the grades of each snap.

https://www.pff.com/grades

Below is a general guide for overall grades.

PFF_Grades.PNG

Based on the metric above, here are the "starter" level and above grades for the Lions this season.

Elite
none

Pro Bowler
none

Starter
Amon-Ra 76.9
Sewell 76.5
Board 76.1 (based on 80 snaps)
Joseph 74.4
Walker 74.3
Ragnow 71.2
Swift 70.8
Williams 70.2
Jonah Jackson 70

Based on the metric above, here are the "starter" level and above grades for the Lions this season.

Elite
none

Pro Bowler
none

Starter
Amon-Ra 76.9
Sewell 76.5
Board 76.1 (based on 80 snaps)
Joseph 74.4
Walker 74.3
Ragnow 71.2
Swift 70.8
Williams 70.2
Jonah Jackson 70

9 of 22. I suspect that's not good. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back