Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 7: Lions @ Rams Thread

We're only in October but this upcoming QB class feels like a trap. I could maybe live with one of these QBs if they fall to the Rams pick or the 2nd round. I really don't want to watch another season of Goff, but that might be the best option unfortunately.

We're only in October but this upcoming QB class feels like a trap. I could maybe live with one of these QBs if they fall to the Rams pick or the 2nd round. I really don't want to watch another season of Goff, but that might be the best option unfortunately.

Ridder, Corral, Willis atleast are all more mobile than Goff...who is getting goofier and goofier with age. And to your point...i think a highly ranked QB drops to either rams pick or the high 2nd day pick. I think Howell could even drop that far.

Or you wait and take a QB with the #1 overall pick in 2023s draft (Caleb Williams?). Then 2 years to get him up and running. So youre looking at 2025 before we're decent again.

Right now im hoping for Thibideaux at #1 and Treylon Burks with the Rams pick. QB in rd 2.

Yippie...Good job Holmes.

Last edited:
Ridder, Corral, Willis atleast are all more mobile than Goff...who is getting goofier and goofier with age. And to your point...i think a highly ranked QB drops to either rams pick or the high 2nd day pick. I think Howell could even drop that far.

Or you wait and take a QB with the #1 overall pick in 2023s draft (Caleb Williams?). Then 2 years to get him up and running. So youre looking at 2025 before we're decent again.

Right now im hoping for Thibideaux at #1 and Treylon Burks with the Rams pick. QB in rd 2.

Yippie...Good job Holmes.

If they go something like Thibideaux, S, LB with the first 3 picks, I could live with another year of Goff. This offense is good at wasting clock, problem is they never have a lead nor can they defend one. This is the quickest path to winning games IMO, burning a top pick on a QB next year is going to slow that process, at least with a strong defense there?s more room for error and that development time won?t be as painful.

That said I fully expect them to take a QB with a top pick, give him the current weapons, overdraft some position they don?t really need, and then hope for the best.

If they go something like Thibideaux, S, LB with the first 3 picks, I could live with another year of Goff. This offense is good at wasting clock, problem is they never have a lead nor can they defend one. This is the quickest path to winning games IMO, burning a top pick on a QB next year is going to slow that process, at least with a strong defense there?s more room for error and that development time won?t be as painful.

That said I fully expect them to take a QB with a top pick, give him the current weapons, overdraft some position they don?t really need, and then hope for the best.

I think thibodeaux is another Jeff Okudah. I watched his play vs ucla and yes the box score looks good for him. But man he really didn?t look all that disruptive or explosive to me lol. Think he?s a bit overrated.

I think thibodeaux is another Jeff Okudah. I watched his play vs ucla and yes the box score looks good for him. But man he really didn?t look all that disruptive or explosive to me lol. Think he?s a bit overrated.

He might have just looked mediocre that game though. I want to watch more of him.

Be super aggressive and get Tibs at #1 then trade up to grab Hutch. yes, the trade up will pull draft capital but having these guys coming from opposite sides would be fun!

Still think Sam Howell will have a Zach Wilson type of rise when pro days and combine hits. Dude will fit in fine, looks like a Drew Brees clone and is playing for a lions type of team right now. Having to shoulder the load by himself every week.

Howell is already ranked pretty high even prior to this year. Was Q1 or not QB2 on most lists I have seen. Wilson came on in 2020

Hard to tell. Everyone thought Tua was the next "it" QB. I think I want a really good running QB though. That at least will ease some burden and give us another weapon in a different way too. Of course he better be a great passer too. Willis has faltered, Rattler too getting benched. Corral looks good

Back