Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 7: Lions @ Rams Thread

Played a decent game today. Our coaches kept us out of it yet again. 3 weeks in a row the coaches put us in the best position to lose.

You don't think 22-28 is putting your team in a better spot to win then 19-28?

K..nuff said.

You can like or not like individual calls he made. But you can?t just exclude him making the call on the onside and fake punts?..which earned us 6 points.

He put us in those positions too

You can like or not like individual calls he made. But you can?t just exclude him making the call on the onside and fake punts?..which earned us 6 points.

Not taking the lead with an easy fg tells your entire defense you trust them....0. It was one of the dumber calls he's made.

So down 1 in the 2nd half with Goff as your qb you think passing up a 38 yard fg to go for it on 4th is a wise call? I love the aggressive decisions he made today trying to get extra possessions, but you NEVER pass up points there.

Blah blah....22-17 if he kicks it.

Blah blah... what was your predicted score before the game??? No appreciation for how these coaches and players are outplaying your negativity. Sure, they are still winless but they play far above their talent level, and THAT is because of the coaches.

Blah blah... what was your predicted score before the game??? No appreciation for how these coaches and players are outplaying your negativity. Sure, they are still winless but they play far above their talent level, and THAT is because of the coaches.

Based on what?

So down 1 in the 2nd half with Goff as your qb you think passing up a 38 yard fg to go for it on 4th is a wise call? I love the aggressive decisions he made today trying to get extra possessions, but you NEVER pass up points there.

No. I don?t. Said it then, too.

You?re missing the point.

This is the first Lions game that I watched from start to finish. I was shocked that the game was as close as it was. As far as the coaching calls. In the beginning of the game...the on-side kick, fake punts, etc. were gutsy calls that worked. That said...not kicking the FG to go UP late in the game...that wasn't gutsy...that was stupid. The reason you take all of those HUGE risks in the beginning of the game were so you had a chance to go up late.

Absolutely you go for it.

IF they make it and they end up with a TD, you are praising him.

An 0-6 team with the worst roster in NFL history vs a 5-1 team, you go for it on 4th and 1.

It is how schools like Navy, Army, and Air Force manage to upset or nearly upset Top 25 teams, even Top 10.

If the Lions are the 5-1 team, yes, you take the FG and points...but here is the rub, there is no guarantee the kicker makes the FG either. If they kick and he misses, how pissed are you that they didn't go for it?

This is about properly managing expectations. The fact they competed and were in it deep into the 4th is a testament to the coaches when they have a roster that devoid of talent.

It wouldn't have changed anything? Right?

The legendary Goff would?ve drove them down the field for a TD, obviously.

The reality is, the what-if scenarios don?t hold much weight with Goff. People shit all over Goff (which they should) but then whine about how they could?ve come back, I don?t get it.

This is the first Lions game that I watched from start to finish. I was shocked that the game was as close as it was. As far as the coaching calls. In the beginning of the game...the on-side kick, fake punts, etc. were gutsy calls that worked. That said...not kicking the FG to go UP late in the game...that wasn't gutsy...that was stupid. The reason you take all of those HUGE risks in the beginning of the game were so you had a chance to go up late.

Yes. We?ll said.

Some gutsy calls with well designed, well executed plays.

Stupid not to kick the FG.

We have a starting defense that shouldn?t be able to hold anyone under 40.

We have an offense that is led by ?Dump it Down? Joey Harrington?s more scared, worse pocket presence, more hurried feet little brother.

Something kept us in this game.

I think the coaching has done more good than bad this year.

Yes. We?ll said.

Some gutsy calls with well designed, well executed plays.

for sure. The second fake punt was so wide open...I couldn't believe that the Rams didn't see that coming after the first few trick plays. NOBODY on the left side of the defense.

I think the coaching lost us 3 games this year. I'm not complaining... cause I want the #1 pick.... but its a fact.

Based on what?

What was your pre-game prediction? Yeah, that's what I thought. How about all the other predictions saying Rams win by 28+ points? What was the Vegas line?

Everyone expected the Lions to be destroyed in this game. Played way above expectations. That ONLY happens when the players dig deep and play hard for coaches they respect and believe in. These coaches get the team to play far above their potential based off individual talent.

Back