Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 7: Lions @ Rams Thread

Well they didn?t lost by anywhere near the amount I thought they would, A for effort champs!

What was your pre-game prediction? Yeah, that's what I thought. How about all the other predictions saying Rams win by 28+ points? What was the Vegas line?

Everyone expected the Lions to be destroyed in this game. Played way above expectations. That ONLY happens when the players dig deep and play hard for coaches they respect and believe in. These coaches get the team to play far above their potential based off individual talent.

I didn't have a prediction but I've seen many mistakes this season by coaches. My opinion.

I didn't have a prediction but I've seen many mistakes this season by coaches. My opinion.

Yes and there always will be mistakes. The mistakes just stick out more when you?re losing. It?s why Matthew Stafford was always over criticized here. He had to shoulder a lot more than he should have. Was put in terrible situations time and time again, yet always put us in positions to win despite the team or coaching not always being up to par. So sometimes he made mistakes along the way. I?ll be more critical of DC next year. Most teams with this type of roster don?t have 0 money to spend in their first offseason either. Rookies don?t look too bad, they still need to grow and be ready by next season however.

I?m not having fun watching this shit roster. But I will say a lot of these bargain bin pickups don?t look half bad and that?s a good sign. Means somebody knows what they?re doing.

Last edited:
The broadcast overheard Matt talking to his team on the sideline. He said that there was no need to worry...he said he knew the Lions would blow it...he had seen it 100's of times

Need two wrs and qb for the offense and a new rg. I like Aaron Glenn as DC. Defense the dline has to step up and rush and a game changing olb. Two ilb and one safety. Cb will see with Ife and Okudah. Probably stink but still unkowns what could be. Parker and Jacobs trying to develop as backups

Run game and run d were pretty good

Going on that 4th was fine but again they rushed the snap. That was the dumb part. And yeah even down 28 22 no way Goff gets a td drive. Rbs got us there before his pick. Ramsey i hate him

Stafford 3 tds now at 301 in his career

Last edited:
Wrs or not.... Goff isn't the guy. You throw it further than 5 yards 3 times all game and one was a pick in the end zone to seal it for the other team.

Yes and there always will be mistakes. The mistakes just stick out more when you?re losing. It?s why Matthew Stafford was always over criticized here. He had to shoulder a lot more than he should have. Was put in terrible situations time and time again, yet always put us in positions to win despite the team or coaching not always being up to par. So sometimes he made mistakes along the way. I?ll be more critical of DC next year. Most teams with this type of roster don?t have 0 money to spend in their first offseason either. Rookies don?t look too bad, they still need to grow and be ready by next season however.

I?m not having fun watching this shit roster. But I will say a lot of these bargain bin pickups don?t look half bad and that?s a good sign. Means somebody knows what they?re doing.

When you make mistakes that other dumb coaches do, like prevent to lose, it's a problem. Why can't they learn.

What was your pre-game prediction? Yeah, that's what I thought. How about all the other predictions saying Rams win by 28+ points? What was the Vegas line?

Everyone expected the Lions to be destroyed in this game. Played way above expectations. That ONLY happens when the players dig deep and play hard for coaches they respect and believe in. These coaches get the team to play far above their potential based off individual talent.

Onside kick, 2 fake punts.... all executed. That's 3 stolen possessions and we only had 1 td the entire game. The combination of goff and Lynn is fucking horrible. Worst in the league.... that's why we're 0-7. Throw onto of that a couple meat head calls by DC and 2 REALLY dumb defensive series by Glenn at the end of 2 games. Ya our coaching is killing this team.

We can't even call plays on time. Multiple weeks of rushing up to the line on 4th n short and getting stuffed. He literally said he would learn from that for the next time then STILL did the same thing lol. Guys lined up off sides on a punt return lol etc etc etc etc.

This is a horribly coached team.

Last edited:
Onside kick, 2 fake punts.... all executed. That's 3 stolen possessions and we only had 1 td the entire game. The combination of goff and Lynn is fucking horrible. Worst in the league.... that's why we're 0-7. Throw onto of that a couple meat head calls by DC and 2 REALLY dumb defensive series by Glenn at the end of 2 games. Ya our coaching is killing this team.

We can't even call plays on time. Multiple weeks of rushing up to the line on 4th n short and getting stuffed. He literally said he would learn from that for the next time then STILL did the same thing lol. Guys lined up off sides on a punt return lol etc etc etc etc.

Don't really know if its execution/talent or defensive play calls really. Rams are also just a really good offense. Stafford to Kupp has been destroying everyone and Woods is good too. The DPI on Jacobs on Rams first TD drive was sketchy too which really got the Rams going.

Offensively, yeah communication is killing them. Rushing the snap at the wrong times but of course if it works, we say its genius. Just like the fake punts or onside, if those didn't work, it would been a meat head call label from the peanut gallery. You really can't win either way. Lions are missing Oline from injury and WRs from injury/talent. This is all they can do is 17-19 points a game even with a solid rushing effort. If the defense doesn't have a great game, we'll lose.

Got a shot in this next one.

They need a real QB coach to help Goff. Like seriously, Jim Caldwell over Mark Brunell.

Last edited:
Don't really know if its execution/talent or defensive play calls really. Rams are also just a really good offense. Stafford to Kupp has been destroying everyone and Woods is good too. The DPI on Jacobs on Rams first TD drive was sketchy too which really got the Rams going.

Offensively, yeah communication is killing them. Rushing the snap at the wrong times but of course if it works, we say its genius. Just like the fake punts or onside, if those didn't work, it would been a meat head call label from the peanut gallery. You really can't win either way. Lions are missing Oline from injury and WRs from injury/talent. This is all they can do is 17-19 points a game even with a solid rushing effort. If the defense doesn't have a great game, we'll lose.

Got a shot in this next one.

They need a real QB coach to help Goff. Like seriously, Jim Caldwell over Mark Brunell.

Regardless of talent you should be able to scheme up a couple of open WRs beyond 5 yards throughout a game. Lynn simply cant...no one is open...ever. We're running crossing routes vs a shallow zone lol. Lynn is fucking clueless. Hockenson catch was perfect scheme...wide open. Thats once....one time the entire game that happened. Thats ridiculous. The other long catch was a Kalif miracle catch fully laid out. That was luck...not scheme.

Last edited:
Regardless of talent you should be able to scheme up a couple of open WRs beyond 5 yards throughout a game. Lynn simply cant...no one is open...ever. We're running crossing routes vs a shallow zone lol. Lynn is fucking clueless. Hockenson catch was perfect scheme...wide open. Thats once....one time the entire game that happened. Thats ridiculous. The other long catch was a Kalif miracle catch fully laid out. That was luck...not scheme.

There has been some open WRs. Sometimes Goff misses them. Raymond and Hock made two plays deeper. Lots of RB use which was good. Sometimes the Oline breaks down too before Goff can get them the ball and has to throw it away. Lions need 2 WRs that can get separation, and play deep/intermediate well

GOOF blows dead goats and the Lions have zero WR's with a pot to piss in. 90% of the passes are to the TE or RB. The offense is a complete debacle.

Guys ARE open.....not all the time but they are......our terrible quarterback can't make his reads to find them. One look, maybe 2 and then he tucks and falls down.

To your point.....what I don't like seeing is 2-3 guys in the same area when Goff is planting his back leg. Either the guys are getting jammed and not getting into their routes fast enough or the scheme needs to have some timing tweeked because that shouldn't happen as often as it seems to.

Even on the Ramsey pick.....two TE running a double post but were only about 5 yards apart. That allows the S to cover two guys at once. Even if Ramsey somehow missed the ball Hockenson got drilled so it unlikely would have been a catch.

I think the lack of open guys isn't just scheme. We have bad WR. We have a bad QB. Even GREAT schemes will suffer when that happens.

Raymond is open a lot of the time. We can't get him the ball.

GOOF blows dead goats and the Lions have zero WR's with a pot to piss in. 90% of the passes are to the TE or RB. The offense is a complete debacle.

I have no idea what to make of this season and the moves at this point.

We?ve seen what Goff can do when surrounded by talent (not much), spending little in the way of cap space and draft capital on weapons makes sense.

I won?t say they deliberately set him up to fail, but they did nothing to help him succeed. If Holmes really liked Goff, then this is baffling, but everything seems to indicate that Goff is just a placeholder.

I try not to fall too deep in conspiracies, but it feels like this team is trying to look like they?re trying hard, no interest in actually winning but doing enough to keep people interested. Some of the in-game decisions, the roster moves, playing it safe with injuries, it looks like tanking but not everyone is in the loop. It?s probably just incompetence, but who knows.

I 100% disagree on coaching. Not sure how I feel about Lynn yet, but Aaron Glenn and Campbell have been fantastic, IMO. Sure there are minor issues, but that is good experience for them is what is a lost season.

You have to realize who we are trotting out there on a weekly basis. We have TWO UDFA CB's starting for us (Jacobs/Parker). Two of our LB'ers are a career special teamer and a 4th round pick. The majority of our D-Line is made up of guys who barely played thoughout their careers or are rookies. Brockers, Flowers, and Williams are the only guys with experience. None of them have been in this system before. I don't blame the coaches for some mental miscues when they are introducing a new system and very young and inexperienced players are playing a lot. Nobody even had Aj Parker, and Jacobs making this team going into training camp, let alone starting.

Even on offense our O-Line has been shuffled around and our top three WR's going into training camp have been injured or cut (Perriman).

Would have been nice to have Decker, Ragnow, Tyrell Williams, Okwara, Okudah and Ife all stay healthy to see what we got. But I'll take the tank if they are going to be injured. Hopefully we get 5 of those 6 back next year but I'm betting Okudah and Okwara go on PUP for 6 games at least in 2022

AFC East, NFC East, at Carolina/Atl, Seattle/SF(rebuild coming?) in Detroit, Bears twice, Vikings twice and I think the 4th place AFC South team in Detroit. Wins are there if the Lions add enough talent in 2022. That said could we lose to Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, WFT, Eagles and Giants. Yes. Dallas and Buffalo are tougher for 2022.

We'll see if the coaching staff continues to learn and if Lynn opens up the offense with a different QB or more weapons for Goff.

Would have been nice to have Decker, Ragnow, Tyrell Williams, Okwara, Okudah and Ife all stay healthy to see what we got. But I'll take the tank if they are going to be injured. Hopefully we get 5 of those 6 back next year but I'm betting Okudah and Okwara go on PUP for 6 games at least in 2022

AFC East, NFC East, at Carolina/Atl, Seattle/SF(rebuild coming?) in Detroit, Bears twice, Vikings twice and I think the 4th place AFC South team in Detroit. Wins are there if the Lions add enough talent in 2022. That said could we lose to Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, WFT, Eagles and Giants. Yes. Dallas and Buffalo are tougher for 2022.

We'll see if the coaching staff continues to learn and if Lynn opens up the offense with a different QB or more weapons for Goff.

Still think Sam Howell will have a Zach Wilson type of rise when pro days and combine hits. Dude will fit in fine, looks like a Drew Brees clone and is playing for a lions type of team right now. Having to shoulder the load by himself every week.

Back