Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Eagles @ Lions Thread

Both GM and coach positions were open?Why the hell would you hire a head coach before the GM? We would?ve been trash anyway but we?re an ass backwards organization.

Ok. Not sure how that?s affecting what?s goin on on the field. But that?s certainly an opinion.

Both GM and coach positions were open?Why the hell would you hire a head coach before the GM? We would?ve been trash anyway but we?re an ass backwards organization.

What am I missing?

Holmes was hired January 14th, Campbell hired January 20th.

Here's an idea lynn... don't leak the fucking rb out so goof is forced to throw down the field.

Sad to see all the back up qbs out play our starter this past weekend

Yup. Mike White torched the Bengals, whereas Goff and crew could only manage to score garbage time points.

At this point, I don?t think Goff is even a top 40 QB lol.

You have to wonder where his head is.. 4th down and throws the ball away. This doesn't look like a rebuild to me. They went backwards big time.

Yup. Mike White torched the Bengals, whereas Goff and crew could only manage to score garbage time points.

At this point, I don?t think Goff is even a top 40 QB lol.

Trevor Simiean beat the Bucs lol.

Were trotting out a guy that has now thrown the ball away on 4th down how many times?

You have to wonder where his head is.. 4th down and throws the ball away. This doesn't look like a rebuild to me. They went backwards big time.

Well?. When you consider we lost the current probably top MVP candidate in the league along with Kenny and Marvin of course it wasn?t going to go forward! Throw in the fact that we were already pretty bad even with those guys. Also we haven?t even gotten back any of the draft capital from the trade yet. I mean, losing Stafford is not going to make your team better over one season. That should have been obvious. But it wasn?t to a lot of you. A lot of this board was delusional over him. And I see they don?t say much about him lately. A lot of these same people rated Jared Goff better or equal to Stafford!

Lol, current lions fan logic. We are looking worse than last year how can this be?!!!! It's almost like trading the current MVP candidate of the league should have made us way better, I don' understand!

Rebuild plus injuries. Plus Goff regressed with weapons that were shit to begin with to. His pocket presence is making things worse too. It shows how good Stafford was but of course he had better weapons and better pass protection than this even. Swift not looking too great running the ball but who could with this line. Missed Jamaal yesterday too.

Defense is inconsistent with all these young guys. McNeil and Levi are going to need to figure things out but far from the main problems. Nick Williams and Brockers way more disappointing there. Julian O and Charles Harris are situational pass rushers that can't defend the run. Flowers with a bum knee.

Anzalone and JRM struggle in run D despite uptick in coverage. Will Harris is garbage. Young development CBs all hurt in Okudah, Ife and Parker. No good vet corners were added or stuck.

Don't know what to think of Lynn's game plans either.

9 more games then add more talent. Already a long season. Steal a win somewhere, probably Bears or Vikings, Broncos or Falcons if they have a bad game

Well?. When you consider we lost the current probably top MVP candidate in the league along with Kenny and Marvin of course it wasn?t going to go forward! Throw in the fact that we were already pretty bad even with those guys. Also we haven?t even gotten back any of the draft capital from the trade yet. I mean, losing Stafford is not going to make your team better over one season. That should have been obvious. But it wasn?t to a lot of you. A lot of this board was delusional over him. And I see they don?t say much about him lately. A lot of these same people rated Jared Goff better or equal to Stafford!

What MVP? Back here he'd be another loser at 0-8. Can you compare Kupp to the junk we have. Stafford might be better but we need about 19 new starters. And I'm low balling.

What MVP? Back here he'd be another loser at 0-8. Can you compare Kupp to the junk we have. Stafford might be better but we need about 19 new starters. And I'm low balling.

Staffords talent is what makes him an mvp candidate. Last I checked kupp was just a fringe pro bowler before he came. I?ve read everyone in here for years say how many other qbs make their talent better around them. And that Stafford was 10-15th best qb in the league. Even blame him for the defense and running game being bad. They didn?t understand that without Matthew Stafford we had a roster that was 0-16 worthy. They should have got the memo when he was out two seasons ago and we didn?t win a single game, or come close. The point is, of COURSE we look worse when you trade a quarterback of his potential. If you thought we?d be better you?re delusional.

Back