Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Eagles @ Lions Thread

Staffords talent is what makes him an mvp candidate. Last I checked kupp was just a fringe pro bowler before he came. I?ve read everyone in here for years say how many other qbs make their talent better around them. And that Stafford was 10-15th best qb in the league. Even blame him for the defense and running game being bad. They didn?t understand that without Matthew Stafford we had a roster that was 0-16 worthy. They should have got the memo when he was out two seasons ago and we didn?t win a single game, or come close. The point is, of COURSE we look worse when you trade a quarterback of his potential. If you thought we?d be better you?re delusional.

His stats here were all garbage time, stat padford!!!

What MVP? Back here he'd be another loser at 0-8. Can you compare Kupp to the junk we have. Stafford might be better but we need about 19 new starters. And I'm low balling.

I think the comparison should be Matt this year to Goff last year since they were working with pretty much the same situation.

So far in 2021

Matt with the Rams.

9.0 yards per attempt, 22 TD, 4 INT, ESPN QBR 77.4, QB rating 118 (7 games)

Goff 2020 with Rams

7.2 yards per attempt, 20 TD, 13 INT, ESPN QBR 50.85, QB rating 90 (15 games)

Staffords talent is what makes him an mvp candidate. Last I checked kupp was just a fringe pro bowler before he came. I?ve read everyone in here for years say how many other qbs make their talent better around them. And that Stafford was 10-15th best qb in the league. Even blame him for the defense and running game being bad. They didn?t understand that without Matthew Stafford we had a roster that was 0-16 worthy. They should have got the memo when he was out two seasons ago and we didn?t win a single game, or come close. The point is, of COURSE we look worse when you trade a quarterback of his potential. If you thought we?d be better you?re delusional.

He has a power offense. With Detroit he never cracked top ten in MVP. Trent differ won a SB, Jeff Hostetler etc.. And more importantly Rich Gannon won an MVP. Any QB can do well in the right circumstances.

Stafford is the best QB in the league. Hands down

We miss him dearly. Along with Decker, Ragnow, Okwara, a number 1 WR and a good CB

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Stafford is really good.

He was really good before he got traded.

What he is NOT.....is the best QB in the league.

Mahomes is better. Rodgers is better. Wilson is better. Lamar Jackson is probably better overall (I would say that's very debatable).

Stafford is probably at the bottom of that tier or the top of the next.....Allen, Dak, Carr, Murray

Any QB can do well in the right circumstances.

That is not true. At all.

Clearly the more talent you have around you the better.....but if your statement were true.....then Tampa Bay made the dumbest move possible by signing Brady. That offense is one of the most stacked of all time. If any QB can do well......why not just draft a 7th round rookie and put him in?? Put that $25M in resources into their secondary.

That is not true. At all.

Clearly the more talent you have around you the better.....but if your statement were true.....then Tampa Bay made the dumbest move possible by signing Brady. That offense is one of the most stacked of all time. If any QB can do well......why not just draft a 7th round rookie and put him in?? Put that $25M in resources into their secondary.

I don't think they win the SB with Jameis, or even get close. Basically proves how important the position is.

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Stafford is really good.

He was really good before he got traded.

What he is NOT.....is the best QB in the league.

Mahomes is better. Rodgers is better. Wilson is better. Lamar Jackson is probably better overall (I would say that's very debatable).

Stafford is probably at the bottom of that tier or the top of the next.....Allen, Dak, Carr, Murray

Stafford better QB rating than all but Wilson there. And Wilson is hurt

I just want to say that when your entire offense is 90% Swift and Hock it's not really going to be that difficult for a defense to shut your ass down. This might just be the worst offense I have ever seen.

Theres rumblings that the players are pissed that DC shoulders a lot of the blame and says all the right things to the media. But in the locker room he places all the blame on the players not executing which is making him lose the locker room. One and done rumor going around. Where theres smoke theres fire.

If i was a player id be pissed...this coaching staff lost 3 games with bonehead decisions, terrible game planning, playcalling, clock mgmt, end of game scenrios....all of it bad. Team is terrible...coaching has been worse.

If im a fan...im happy...tank for KT.

Last edited:
I just want to say that when your entire offense is 90% Swift and Hock it's not really going to be that difficult for a defense to shut your ass down. This might just be the worst offense I have ever seen.

then get a WR open...its not that difficult. Yet here we are running shallow crossing routes vs a shallow zone. Fucking doofus OC.

then get a WR open...its not that difficult. Yet here we are running shallow crossing routes vs a shallow zone. Fucking doofus OC.

I'm not a fan of Anthony Lynn at all. He's a terrible OC and terrible play caller. Campbell is just getting goofy with the 4th downs now going for it on 4th and long on the bad side of the 50 just shows and reeks of desperation

I'm not a fan of Anthony Lynn at all. He's a terrible OC and terrible play caller. Campbell is just getting goofy with the 4th downs now going for it on 4th and long on the bad side of the 50 just shows and reeks of desperation

Give me 10 examples of play calls he made, describe the call what it was in detail and the routes and the protection and blitz pickups and QB reads, describe the defensive play call and describe why the scheme itself not the execution caused the 10 plays to fail. Also take into account the skill set of the Lions players and why certain plays would be called then.

Give me 10 examples of play calls he made, describe the call what it was in detail and the routes and the protection and blitz pickups and QB reads, describe the defensive play call and describe why the scheme itself not the execution caused the 10 plays to fail. Also take into account the skill set of the Lions players and why certain plays would be called then.

The only thing I can think of is a few times this year on 4th and very short we went empty backfield for quick passes with Goff. Every time I see it I cringe a little.

The only thing I can think of is a few times this year on 4th and very short we went empty backfield for quick passes with Goff. Every time I see it I cringe a little.

Agree and some of that is personnel too/trying to surprise them. Like Stafford could make those plays happen, Goff can't

We miss him dearly. Along with Decker, Ragnow, Okwara, a number 1 WR and a good CB

I would take Brady over Stafford all day, every day. If Stafford was on Pats or last year's Bucs, maybe he wins a SB... but I honestly doubt it.

The true Stafford is starting to show up the past few weeks. Let's see how far they actually get before crowning him something more than he has ever proven worthy. It is a long season, and even if they make the playoffs, Stafford has never won a playoff game.

Back