Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Lions @ Vikings Thread

No. I had high hopes for Stafford this year.....but it hasn’t happened. To many instances of panic....too few instances of greatness. He makes us better.....but not as good as he could.

Not all his fault....drops hurt. Play calling is elementary at times. Nobody but Golladay makes plays. But, none of that matters when you throw balls directly to defenders. His completion % is one of the lowest in the league.....and even though our red zone play calling is laughable.....he doesn't put the ball in the end zone enough to be an elite QB.

I’d give Stafford a C+\B- this year.

Lions on pace for 4,400 passing yards and 30 passing TDs though. That's a good year for any QB. Even with suspect obvious play calling, lack of weapon separation, drops and lack of run game some games (Lions are 24th in rush yards per game which is good for Lions over the years but really not good overall league wide). Some short fields but not a really good amount given lack of turnovers forced (Lions are 26th in league in turnovers forced). Basically any TD or FG drive is all Stafford. There might be one or two good running plays every now and then.

Russell Wilson has 8 picks. Stafford has 7 by the way. I would say 3 aren't his fault too.

The protection has broken down some. Stafford gets out of it well for the most part. Those times he looks like he is panicking, is because the protection is breaking down at the same time nobody is open.

And we'll see what he does on the second half of the season. Does he have 2015 type finish in him when he had 19 TDs and 2 ints in the final 8 games. 33 TDs and 9 ints would be a really really good season

Got to figure out how to win division games. We are 0-3 in division games. KG the 3 games he missed has been all 3 division games.

Last edited:
23rd in passer rating. 10 guys over 100. In today's game 92.4 is not good. I'd give him a D+. The only reason "he's makes us better" is because there is no competition. 22 other QB would make us better as well.

Lions on pace for 4,400 passing yards and 30 passing TDs though. That's a good year for any QB. Even with suspect obvious play calling, lack of weapon separation, drops and lack of run game some games (Lions are 24th in rush yards per game which is good for Lions over the years but really not good overall league wide). Some short fields but not a really good amount given lack of turnovers forced (Lions are 26th in league in turnovers forced). Basically any TD or FG drive is all Stafford. There might be one or two good running plays every now and then.

Russell Wilson has 8 picks. Stafford has 7 by the way. I would say 3 aren't his fault too.

The protection has broken down some. Stafford gets out of it well for the most part. Those times he looks like he is panicking, is because the protection is breaking down at the same time nobody is open.

And we'll see what he does on the second half of the season. Does he have 2015 type finish in him when he had 19 TDs and 2 ints in the final 8 games. 33 TDs and 9 ints would be a really really good season

Got to figure out how to win division games. We are 0-3 in division games. KG the 3 games he missed has been all 3 division games.
Yeah because Russell Wilson and him are equals. That's like comparing day and night and night and night and night and night+.

The only reason "he's makes us better" is because there is no competition. 22 other QB would make us better as well.

I don?t think that?s true.

Zero chance guys like Tannehill, Herbert, Josh Allen or David Carr have the kind of success they?re having on this team.

23rd in passer rating. 10 guys over 100. In today's game 92.4 is not good. I'd give him a D+. The only reason "he's makes us better" is because there is no competition. 22 other QB would make us better as well.

Highest drop rate, 3 picks not his fault, Swift drop on TD. An open receiver would be nice to help him with that QB rating.

That QB rating goes to 100 real quick

Last edited:
Russell Wilson would have a 70 QB rating on this Lions team. He needs the run game and open receivers and sure handed guys like Lockett

Russell Wilson would have a 70 QB rating on this Lions team. He needs the run game and open receivers and sure handed guys like Lockett

Shut the fuck up. He?s the best QB in football. Saying things like this make you sound next level stupid.

I don?t think that?s true.

Zero chance guys like Tannehill, Herbert, Josh Allen or David Carr have the kind of success they?re having on this team.
Why not? Certainly couldn't be any worse. If a guy doesn't work out get another guy. Maybe 12 years is enough with no success. Since he's been here we've had 2 GM, 3 HC, 4 OC and a shit load of offensive lineman. It's not working even if it's the other guys fault.

Shut the fuck up. He?s the best QB in football. Saying things like this make you sound next level stupid.

He gets support so he looks better than he is. And every de is dumb running at him full speed

Lets see if he gets 16 picks

Why not? Certainly couldn't be any worse. If a guy doesn't work out get another guy. Maybe 12 years is enough with no success. Since he's been here we've had 2 GM, 3 HC, 4 OC and a shit load of offensive lineman. It's not working even if it's the other guys fault.

You said it perfectly. What successful QB has had 4 OC? None. It’s not like we’re firing OC and they’re going to another franchise and tearing it up. JBC is a running backs coach. Lombardi was TERRIBLE. Bevell is ok....just zero imagination. Linehan was decent. I do think he helped Stafford grow as a QB. Out of football, now.

So only Linehan found another job. Two guys overwhelmingly considered in over their heads and an old school power run game type guy who is a bit behind the times and lacks imagination, especially in the red zone.

Wow.

Last edited:
You said it perfectly. What successful QB has had 4 OC? None. It?s not like we?re firing OC and they?re going to another franchise and tearing it up. JBC is a running backs coach. Lombardi was TERRIBLE. Bevell is ok....just zero imagination. Linehan was decent. I do think he helped Stafford grow as a QB. Out of football, now.

So only Linehan found another job. Two guys overwhelmingly considered in over their heads and an old school power run game type guy who is a bit behind the times and lacks imagination, especially in the red zone.

Wow.
How about last year Bevell was the toast of the town. At one time Linehan and Lombardi were as well. There's a theme here.

How about last year Bevell was the toast of the town. At one time Linehan and Lombardi were as well. There's a theme here.

Yes. They don?t make adjustments when there is film on their tendencies.

That?s pretty easy to see.

Yes. They don?t make adjustments when there is film on their tendencies.

That?s pretty easy to see.
I was more referring to Matty S. Take out his first two season and the last 10 you can say honestly he's been bad for 5 of them. And I'm being nice on that. He's inconsistent. New OC, first season 8 games he's good, 2nd year same OC not so much.

Stafford gets similar rushing support. Lions RBs have rushed for 732 yards compared to Seattle RBs 670.

Wilson has 8 picks which is a 1.9 int rate.
Matt has 7 picks which is a 2.4 INT rate (worse)

Wilson has 28 TDs (9.4 rate leading NFL)
Matt has 14 TDs (5.0 rate which is worse)

Wilson is a top 3 TD in the league which is elite. Stafford is and has always been an above average QB but nowhere close to Wilson.

Matt can't hold Wilson's jock.

I was more referring to Matty S. Take out his first two season and the last 10 you can say honestly he's been bad for 5 of them. And I'm being nice on that. He's inconsistent. New OC, first season 8 games he's good, 2nd year same OC not so much.

And you don?t like Stafford....which is fine.....so you blame him for it.

But I don?t think it?s a coincidence that Jets players said they were calling out JBC?s plays at the line GAME 1 of the season 2 years ago. That means he didn?t make changes....not even from year to year.

Honest question. Do you think Stafford would have better numbers if he were KC?s QB?

Stafford gets similar rushing support. Lions RBs have rushed for 732 yards compared to Seattle RBs 670.

Wilson has 8 picks which is a 1.9 int rate.
Matt has 7 picks which is a 2.4 INT rate (worse)

Wilson has 28 TDs (9.4 rate leading NFL)
Matt has 14 TDs (5.0 rate which is worse)

Wilson is a top 3 TD in the league which is elite. Stafford is and has always been an above average QB but nowhere close to Wilson.

Matt can't hold Wilson's jock.

Seattle WRs get open. Lockett and Metcalf really good. KG nice and hurt. Don't drop balls and Seattles run game is historically much much much better. Yes Wilson can run too which is only reason he is good. He is not a better passer than Stafford. His QB rating aided by his receivers actually getting open and not dropping balls.

Seattle forced 14 turnovers. Lions 7

8 ints in 8 games for Wilson. 7 for Stafford

Put Stafford on Seattle and he has a perfect QB rating. Put Wilson on the Lions and he has 70 QB rating.

And you don?t like Stafford....which is fine.....so you blame him for it.

But I don?t think it?s a coincidence that Jets players said they were calling out JBC?s plays at the line GAME 1 of the season 2 years ago. That means he didn?t make changes....not even from year to year.

Honest question. Do you think Stafford would have better numbers if he were KC?s QB?
Do I think having a better team around you helps, yes.

Seattle WRs get open. Lockett and Metcalf really good. KG nice and hurt. Don't drop balls and Seattles run game is historically much much much better. Yes Wilson can run too which is only reason he is good. He is not a better passer than Stafford. His QB rating aided by his receivers actually getting open and not dropping balls.

Seattle forced 14 turnovers. Lions 7

8 ints in 8 games for Wilson. 7 for Stafford

Put Stafford on Seattle and he has a perfect QB rating. Put Wilson on the Lions and he has 70 QB rating.

Seattle actually has a worse defense than the Lions and Wilson has them right in the playoff hunt. I do like Metcaff and Lockett better than KG and Jones but Wison has been great no matter who he has at WR.

You are so stupid.

Wilson was a game manager for years. Legion of Boom gave him short fields so he tossed some touchdowns on short drives. His run game got him down the field many years too. Stafford has to pass pass pass pass on long drives all the time. More opportunties for ints in known passing situations.

Wilson is having a good year but on pace for 16 ints. All I'm saying. He is still getting rushing support and short fields. Plus Metcalf and Lockett are beasts and not dropping balls like the Lions weapons are doing

Wilson also lost to Cardinals. Lions won that game

Back