Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Lions @ Vikings Thread

Seattle actually has a worse defense than the Lions and Wilson has them right in the playoff hunt. I do like Metcaff and Lockett better than KG and Jones but Wison has been great no matter who he has at WR.

You are so stupid.

14 turnovers forced for Seattle. 7 for Lions. Seattle defense wins that one. And like I said, his weapons get open because teams focus on Seattle run game. Metcalf and Lockett carry Wilson this year.

I pay attention to every factor. Which makes me know more than you at this

14 turnovers forced for Seattle. 7 for Lions. Seattle defense wins that one. And like I said, his weapons get open because teams focus on Seattle run game. Metcalf and Lockett carry Wilson this year.

I pay attention to every factor. Which makes me know more than you at this

Seattle forced more turnovers yet still give up more points and yards per game. That shows you how terrible that defense really is.

Just face it...the Lions suck. You point out how they suck all the time when you are trying to defend your boy Matt. Stafford might be the best player on the team, but that isn't saying much.

Seattle got 2 turnovers to beat the Vikings. Wilson threw a pick in the 4th by the way. But Seattle got a 4th and 1 stop and then Wilson had the great 94 yard drive. Lions would have given up that first down.

Lions defense gave up one extra TD than Seattle did. Stafford pick after the block punt, nobody got open on 3rd and goal so he tried to Hock. Daniels got the TD on the 2nd blocked punt. Also a Prater missed FG and Peterson stuff on 3rd and goal after Swift should have scored on a pass on 2nd down.

Stafford had so many long drives for the scores. Wilson got 2 short fields and one 58 yard drive.

Stafford had to do more but Wilson gets all the love because WRs got open for TDs. Stafford also got crunched and taken out of game with nobody open and pressure collapsing on him for the 2nd sack

Last edited:
Great....so the ONE guy you can find happens to be one of the best of all time....and Mike McCarthy called plays for all those years, didn?t he?

Also, Rodgers numbers were way down last year.

actually, he was the first guy I looked up.

Matt Ryan has had 4
Big Ben has had 4

My guess is most QBs that have been in the league as long as Matt has been have had several OCs

I remember for years Seattle had a terrible OL. Worst than what we had. Good QB get it done. Only time I've seen Matty S. win one on his own, when we had no right to win, was the game against Cleveland when it got clobbered the play before.

Last edited:
I remember for years Seattle had a terrible OL. Worst than what we had. Good QB get it done. Only time I've seen Matty S. win one on his own, when we had no right to win, was the game against Cleveland when it got clobbered the play before.

They had a run game and they had short fields. Wilson would get like 3800 yards and toss upper 20s to 30 TDs because of it. And ints lower due to lack of attempts.

They had a run game and they had short fields. Wilson would get like 3800 yards and toss upper 20s to 30 TDs because of it. And ints lower due to lack of attempts.
You're stuck on INT. I don't care if Matt throws 18-20 as long as he can score and get 40TD's. And more importantly win games. Back in the day everyone threw a lot of INT. Marino threw 15 ten times including 3 times over 20.

Give stafford turnovers forced and open wrs and little dtops he tosses 41 tds. See 2011

Give stafford turnovers forced and open wrs and little dtops he tosses 41 tds. See 2011
So what you're saying is we need Calvin Johnson? That's the type of WR Matt has to have.

Last edited:
He's trolling. Nobody thinks Matt is in the same conversation as Wilson.

Seattle's RBs average 1 more yard every 30 carries. So basically they get 1 extra yard every other game. Their defense is worse than ours. Their online is worse than ours.

Every stat, measurable, eye test, result points to Matt being average.

If Russell Wilson's next 100 passes are all intercepted he would still have a higher career QB rating than Stafford.

Last edited:
He's trolling. Nobody thinks Matt is in the same conversation as Wilson.

Seattle's RBs average 1 more yard every 30 carries. So basically they get 1 extra yard every other game. Their defense is worse than ours. Their online is worse than ours.

Every stat, measurable, eye test, result points to Matt being average.

If Russell Wilson's next 100 passes are all intercepted he would still have a higher career QB rating than Stafford.

I used to think there was a chance that he was trolling, but over the years I have come to the conclusion that he isn't trolling but is either delusional, or a total moron. Maybe both.

My favorite is how he continues two arguments at the same time. When he argues that Stafford is elite he uses the argument that the rest of the team sucks which is the reason for lack of success. Then, in another argument, he will say the team is talented and should be winning.

Every year it's the same. At the beginning of the year he says "their floor is 10-12 wins, loaded with talent, holeless, get ready for a SB run". Then, after the season is over, the Lions are picking in the top 10.

:cheers:

I used to think there was a chance that he was trolling, but over the years I have come to the conclusion that he isn't trolling but is either delusional, or a total moron. Maybe both.

My favorite is how he continues two arguments at the same time. When he argues that Stafford is elite he uses the argument that the rest of the team sucks which is the reason for lack of success. Then, in another argument, he will say the team is talented and should be winning.

Every year it's the same. At the beginning of the year he says "their floor is 10-12 wins, loaded with talent, holeless, get ready for a SB run". Then, after the season is over, the Lions are picking in the top 10.

:cheers:

As soon as each season ends and the Lions are 5-11....LKP goes.....

Injuries
Underachieved
Coaching

As soon as each preseason starts.......LKP.....

Coach is a GENIUS
2nd year progression means last years terrible rookies will be stars
Talent top to bottom
Every FA is a star
Every new draft pick is a starter
12 win BASEMENT

Last edited:
Not trolling. I just take EVERYTHING into account. Injuries can be a reason for poor performance. Other teams can overcome but they have different sets of injuries. And one team usually has the injury advantage over the other on a game by game basis. It really is a game by game thing.

Patricia is a known good defensive coach. It hasn't worked out here as head coach. There were some personnel issues first 2 years. Now he has all his players. There are some injuries this year again. DBs have been hurt, Flowers is now hurt and there has been some underperforming. Year 2 there should be a jump. It's expected. Sometimes it doesn't happen but it should be expected every year. And this year of course was a weird year as the offseason was all messed up. Tavai and Will Harris didn't step up. Walker took a step back. Davis took a step forward but plays less. AO took a step forward. It's a mixed bag there. Okudah is really young, had a camp injury and most rookie CBs get burned early. See Slay getting benched in 2013.

As for FAs, you can see how they fill holes. Shelton for run defense, Williams for pass rush, Collins as versatile LB, Harmon the deep safety. They have had varying success and Williams has a shoulder injury most of the year which could affect things. Collins has been good but a few very bad plays. The defense goes how Collins plays. Bad against Bears, Packers, Vikings, good against every one else. And the every else is when there has been good run defense. Harmon made the PFF all pro team for FS. Trufant has basically been hurt most of the year. Number 1 CB replacing Slay being hurt, that can really affect things. Trufant finally had a good game last week, was hurt Week 1 basically and played hurt against Saints and got re-injured. We'll see how they do in second half of season.

You all were very very high on the Patricia hire. So stop acting like I'm the only one touting these coaching hires. Same with Bevell especially with how the offense was with Bevell last year with Stafford. You just gave up sooner than I did. You guys basically give up after one loss. I give coaches some time and look at the personnel they have for their scheme.
It's not working out with Patricia but that doesn't mean the next hire can't be a offense or defensive genius and has no bearing on if the next coach will or won't work out. Bevell was great last year and now he is more obvious in his play calling. Which is unexpected based on last year. This hurts Stafford.

Stafford is a good player. Has he had some bad picks (4 of his 7). Yes. But once again he's not getting help like other QBs do. Other QBS get at least one or two things to help them. Stafford gets nothing. And his top WR hurt 3 of 8 games (maybe more). All 3 were division games and all 3 were losses out of the 5 losses.

Stafford is not getting open weapons though they are good weapons, enough run game support, enough turnovers forced for short fields plus there are drops. Stafford is facing the most defenses cover 2 taking away the deep ball too. Teams are scared of his deep ball. Stafford is good, has room to improve but once again he basically has to do it all on long drives. It is getting very tiring making him carry the offense. And now Prater is missing kicks (6 in 8 games) too which hurts scoring (this is a new thing).

We'll see if Stafford has a 2015 like finish. 19 TDs and 2 ints after a rough first half. We need a 7-1 or 6-2 finish now for 10 or 9 wins. More difficult but not impossible given the schedule in final 8. Got to figure out how to win division games and not get burned in run defense so bad for that to happen. And again, Lions on pace for 30 TDS and 4,400 yards passing. This is a good thing. The QB position is strong but the passing game can do more. Scheme WRs open and don't drop the ball for starters.

Last edited:
Team needs to draft better. I look forward to the draft every year and they let me down over and over again. We as fans even say it DURING the draft...."welp...that was a wasted pick." "yup....hes not going to pan out." over and over and over again....with high draft picks! Millen, Mayhew then quin....decades of stupidiy at the GM position.

Go get Louis Riddick, Bienemy and draft a QB....id be excited for a season for the first time since barry sanders.

Team needs to draft better. I look forward to the draft every year and they let me down over and over again. We as fans even say it DURING the draft...."welp...that was a wasted pick." "yup....hes not going to pan out." over and over and over again....with high draft picks! Millen, Mayhew then quin....decades of stupidiy at the GM position.

Go get Louis Riddick, Bienemy and draft a QB....id be excited for a season for the first time since barry sanders.

Quinn has had some good draft picks. The day 2 has been lacking now that Tavai and Harris are not working out and Walker regressed some. Plus Tabor fiasco. Robinson was solid but moved on and never was more than a run defender with a few flash plays at pass rush for like 2 seasons. Day 2 hurts Quinn. Round 1 looks good with Decker, Ragnow, Hock. Okudah TBD. Davis was drafted for a different scheme.

They can win with Stafford. We'll see if a new GM makes a change. If a 3rd GM keeps him, that should tell that Stafford is a good franchise QB. Change could be for cap reasons though too.

And Mayhew had some good picks too but day 2 whiffs as well. Mayhew is helping John Lynch as Assistant GM in San Fran and they have added some real talent. So you gotta give Mayhew credit. Mayhew did build a playoff team really for 3 seasons. 2016 was alot of his players even though Quinn had taken over with his HC in Caldwell.

But I'm sure everyone will turn on Bienemy when a rookie or young QB struggles and he's not a QB developer. Dude was a Bengals running back. Maholmes is just an all world talent and Andy Reid the real guru there. I'd be interested to see who Bienemy gets to run the defense because that is where the help is needed. Would rather have Saleh (keep Bevell if they turn it around) over Bienemy

Last edited:
When you take a TE at 8, and a CB at 3 (unless he's Deion Sanders) then you aren't having a good draft.

And when is this team going to fix the LB situation. Imo its the worst of the bunch.

Back