Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Raiders @ Lions *Monday Night* Thread

grandy

Las Vegas Raiders (3-4) @ Detroit Lions (5-2)

Line: DET -8.0
O/U: 46

Previews
Pride of Detroit
Yahoo
CBS Sports
ESPN
Silver and Black Pride

Injury Report
Link

Lions
Out
RB David Montgomery (ribs)
LG Jonah Jackson (ankle)

Doubtful
C Frank Ragnow (toe/calf)

Questionable
G Halapoulivaati Vaitai (back)
DT Benito Jones (ankle)
LB/FB Malcolm Rodriguez (ankle)
EDGE Josh Paschal (knee) ? New listing

Raiders
Out
LB Divine Deablo (knee)

Questionable
LB Curtis Bolton (knee)
K Daniel Carlson (groin)
CB Nate Hobbs (ankle)

Series History
Link
The Lions are 6-7 against the Raiders
Last Game: 11/3/2019, Raiders 31 Lions 24
Last Game in Detroit: 11/22/2015, Lions 18 Raiders 13
Last Loss in Detroit: 10/12/1990, Raiders 38 Lions 31
Recent Games: The Lions have won 4 of the last 5 meetings

Pro Football Focus Grades

Overall
Detroit 85.4 (5th)
Las Vegas 74.8 (17th)

Offense
Detroit 80.8 (3rd)
Las Vegas 68.3 (19th)

Pass Offense
Detroit 83.0 (4th)
Las Vegas 58.2 (26th)

Pass Blocking
Detroit 77.8 (2nd)
Las Vegas 74.0 (4th)

Receiving
Detroit 74.4 (6th)
Las Vegas 70.6 (14th)

Rushing
Detroit 74.2 (16th)
Las Vegas 60.5 (31st)

Run Blocking
Detroit 71.5 (4th)
Las Vegas 65.0 (13th)

Defense
Detroit 72.4 (13th)
Las Vegas 72.3 (14th)

Run Defense
Detroit 72.7 (4th)
Las Vegas 66.8 (16th)

Tackling
Detroit 59.2 (17th)
Las Vegas 54.0 (20th)

Pass Rush
Las Vegas 70.4 (18th)
Detroit 69.4 (21st)

Coverage
Las Vegas 75.5 (12th)
Detroit 69.3 (16th)

Special Teams
Las Vegas 73.5 (19th)
Detroit 64.9 (26th)

A bit of an obvious reach....but this is a must win game for their psyche after the Baltimore game....both for the offense and defense. Hopefully they come out and jump all over the Raiders. Get the bad taste out of their mouths.

Minnesota is going to be a problem. Specifically their defense.

In another thread I said hopelly we just keep winning games so those end of season games against Minnesota don't mean much for the division crown. But looking at their schedule the only tough teams the play are Cincinnati and New Orleans.

Overall it's probably best in the long run we get some pressure to keep winning.

I don't feel great going into this game.

Our defense blows.

our pass offense is going up against a very good pass defense without Jackson and potentially ragnow. St brown now sick.

I've watched the raiders a decent amount this year, their offense blows with McDaniels calling plays. Defense should be just fine

Annoyed with cousins injury. We were up 2 games and now everyone will just put an asterisk on a division title. Lions still have to go do it

Crush the raiders. Jameson and Gibbs, its your time

Awosika Glasgow Vaitai interior i dont hate it but itd annoying all 3 interior starters could be hurt

Annoyed with cousins injury. We were up 2 games and now everyone will just put an asterisk on a division title. Lions still have to go do it

Crush the raiders. Jameson and Gibbs, its your time

Awosika Glasgow Vaitai interior i dont hate it but itd annoying all 3 interior starters could be hurt

The Twins won the AL central which was the worst division in baseball. I didn't see an asterisk next to the division title.

The Twins won the AL central which was the worst division in baseball. I didn't see an asterisk next to the division title.

Lions could sweep the NFC North (1-0 won the toughest game), AFC West (1-0 beat the toughest team) and NFC South (3-0). So they are the best out of 3 divisions if they do that. 14 wins if that happens. Then there wouldn't be an asterisk

Amon Ra is sick and may not play.

that sucks...I need him for my fantasy team tonight.

Of course if he doesn't play it increases the chances that the Lions lose and that would be good for my survivor league (27 people picked the Lions this week)

that sucks...I need him for my fantasy team tonight.

Of course if he doesn't play it increases the chances that the Lions lose and that would be good for my survivor league (27 people picked the Lions this week)

I have a 40 point lead going into tonights game. I have amon ra. They have jacobi myers. I'm a little worried to be honest.

This game will be a great way to prove the same ol lions stigma should die. Everything says we should crush this team.

Raiders offense is terrible. Ol lions would see garropollo light it up, a guy like hunter renfrow break out of slump and go for 120 yds and Jacobs run all over us.

New lions should win by 10.

Last edited:
Back