Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 9: Lions @ Steelers Thread

We have a qb that can't throw and a kicker that can't kick. What kind of idiot gm do we have?

Santoso should be cut before they make it back to Detroit. No reason to be 10 yards short of a 48 yard field goal as a professional. I'm sure if Seibert isn't healthy next week, we will have a true vet as his replacement like Dustin Hopkins.

Santoso should be cut before they make it back to Detroit. No reason to be 10 yards short of a 48 yard field goal as a professional. I'm sure if Seibert isn't healthy next week, we will have a true vet as his replacement like Dustin Hopkins.

Why wouldn't you have that this week? Lol.

Pass pro still a problem but Goff worst pocket presence

Everytime he spins around and trys to roll out of the pressure makes me want to punch him in his stupid face. You are not Lamar Jackson, you aren't even Aaron Rodgers level mobility. Either step up in the pocket, eat the sack where you are so you don't lose the extra yards by running back even further, or throw the damn ball.

My takeaways from this game

* I seriously hope Goff is not the starter in 2022. I realize his WR's suck, he was hurt, it was raining, but you are a starting NFL QB and your HC/playcaller runs the ball 5 times on 3rd and 4 or more. That means he has zero confidence is your abilities. PLEASE cut Goff, sign a vet and draft a QB with your late 1st or 2nd round pick.

* Decker and Sewell looked really good as the bookend tackles in that game. Once we get Ragnow back next year with another year of growth from Jonah Jackson this O-Line is looking really good. Add in Matt Nelson who should be a servicebale swing/jumbo package guy, Evan Brown who has been much better then anyone could have anticipated, and maybe the return of Vatai and this is a very good group.

* Jerry Jacobs was very impressive before he left with an injury. This guy keeps improving and could be a legitimate starter at CB for us.

* DeAndre Swift is a building block, and once we get a decent QB with competent WR's he will be even better.

* The DT's were completely invisible in this game. I can't recall a single positive play made by a single one of them. Levi and Alim need to start playing more over Brockers and Williams and MUST show some growth over the second half of the season if we are to depend on them in 2022.

My takeaways from this game

* I seriously hope Goff is not the starter in 2022. I realize his WR's suck, he was hurt, it was raining, but you are a starting NFL QB and your HC/playcaller runs the ball 5 times on 3rd and 4 or more. That means he has zero confidence is your abilities. PLEASE cut Goff, sign a vet and draft a QB with your late 1st or 2nd round pick.

* Decker and Sewell looked really good as the bookend tackles in that game. Once we get Ragnow back next year with another year of growth from Jonah Jackson this O-Line is looking really good. Add in Matt Nelson who should be a servicebale swing/jumbo package guy, Evan Brown who has been much better then anyone could have anticipated, and maybe the return of Vatai and this is a very good group.

* Jerry Jacobs was very impressive before he left with an injury. This guy keeps improving and could be a legitimate starter at CB for us.

* DeAndre Swift is a building block, and once we get a decent QB with competent WR's he will be even better.

* The DT's were completely invisible in this game. I can't recall a single positive play made by a single one of them. Levi and Alim need to start playing more over Brockers and Williams and MUST show some growth over the second half of the season if we are to depend on them in 2022.

Agreed on all. Brockers is as disappointing as Goff. Just terrible.

McNeil and Levi step up as non rookies or the defense still in trouble. Unfortunately probably still need to add one at some point with Brockers being horrible and Williams and Hand gone next year. Wonder if Flowers could switch from OLB to 4i and DE. Or maybe they go full 4-3 or something. Don't know how much I like the Rams defense without Donald wrecking things. Levi will never be a Donald

50 attempts plus a run or two I think for Rudolph and 0 sacks. That is one of the worst things from yesterday. Steelers ran the ball decent too

Last edited:
Decided to check out the box score from the last tie with Pittsburgh in 1959 (against Bobby Layne too).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/195911080pit.htm#all_team_stats

Rushing
1959: 40 rushes for 183 yards
2021: 39 rushes for 229 yards

Passing
1959: 8-20, 160 yards
2021: 14-25, 114 yards

Campbell turning back the clock.

Good. Next time they play in Pitt they will get the win, and be competing at Championship levels.

Stafford did break The Curse. Ironically, it required him being traded to reverse the curse from when Layne was traded.

Looking forward to the upcoming SB victory!!!

Good. Next time they play in Pitt they will get the win, and be competing at Championship levels.

Stafford did break The Curse. Ironically, it required him being traded to reverse the curse from when Layne was traded.

Looking forward to the upcoming SB victory!!!

They beat the Browns in the championship two years before tying Pittsburgh. Apply the reverse here and we can expect the Lions to beat the Browns in SB 58. They?ll go on to win two more SBs this decade, then they?ll move back to Portsmouth in 2047.

They beat the Browns in the championship two years before tying Pittsburgh. Apply the reverse here and we can expect the Lions to beat the Browns in SB 58. They?ll go on to win two more SBs this decade, then they?ll move back to Portsmouth in 2047.

ROFLMAO! That's beautiful!!!

Hopefully this includes the Ford family selling the team to better owners?!?!?

Back