Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game Bye: Bye @ Lions Thread

grandy

Getting shutout two weeks in a row is rough.

dolphin-i-dont-care-lol-bye.gif

Other coaching staffs with shitty teams last season are way ahead of our crappy coaching staff. Jets, Giants, falcons. Jacksonville. Tired of incompetent coaches.

Lions in year 2 of yet another rebuild are already behind, Seattle, NYJ, NYG, Atlanta, Jacksonville, probably Pittsburgh, New England with a 3rd string qb. I'm sure I am missing a team... So frustrating.

Last edited:
But through six weeks of the season, it turns out Detroit has one of the toughest strengths of schedule in football. That .467 winning percentage of their 17 opponents based on last year?s record is currently .569 (per Tankathon) based on 2022 record?the fourth-toughest schedule of any other team.

Tougher schedule now not easy. And Lions are way more injured than every team they have faced.

Like I said before, I don?t think Levi plays another snap in the NFL. Couldn?t start the year after an off-season to recover, then gets surgery on top of it. I hope he proves me wrong, but this seems like a chronic injury that won?t ever improve enough to play football consistently.

Like I said before, I don?t think Levi plays another snap in the NFL. Couldn?t start the year after an off-season to recover, then gets surgery on top of it. I hope he proves me wrong, but this seems like a chronic injury that won?t ever improve enough to play football consistently.

DT high on the list now with Brockers being terrible too. Need two DTs, Mike LB and probably a good backup since Barnes hasn't done anything, nickel CB, CB2, SS.

Buggs had 2 solid games but stinks at NT. Benito Jones stinks. Cominsky can come back and be 4th DT. And the FS is coming off an achilles injury though I guess Kerby Joseph can fill that but then need depth there since Ife keeps getting hurt.

And on offense just need a QB. Jameson replaces DJ Chark with Reynolds, St Brown and Hock/Swift. Probably get a new backup RB since Jamaal Williams a FA to be too. And RG if they cut Vaitai for cap space/he can't stay healthy.

Lions in year 2 of yet another rebuild are already behind, Seattle, NYJ, NYG, Atlanta, Jacksonville, probably Pittsburgh, New England with a 3rd string qb. I'm sure I am missing a team... So frustrating.

The problem is your expectations are too high. You're not much older than I am, it's been a lifetime of shit with this franchise, no man should be expected to endure so much disappointment. It's time to just learn to accept that it will never be and just live life outside of giving a shit about the Lions. They suck, they have sucked for decades and they will always suck to the day we die and beyond.

Last edited:
In other news. Dan Campbell said it was his fault the team is so soft. He decided to work them less the first 5 weeks. Now that everyone is injured hes going to ramp things up a notch and work them harder. Lol...this guy.

The problem is your expectations are too high. You're not much older than I am, it's been a lifetime of shit with this franchise, no man should be expected to endure so much disappointment. It's time to just learn to accept that it will never be and just live life outside of giving a shit about the Lions. They suck, they have sucked for decades and they will always suck to the day we die and beyond.

I have a much shorter - and more clever, albeit some may find it insensitive, but fuck them - of saying this:

Being born a Lions fan is like being born with a special needs sibling. You have to and can?t help from loving them, but you know and accept that things are never going to get better.

I have a much shorter - and more clever, albeit some may find it insensitive, but fuck them - of saying this:

Being born a Lions fan is like being born with a special needs sibling. You have to and can?t help from loving them, but you know and accept that things are never going to get better.

Caring and loving a special needs is so much more rewarding than the Lions. And special needs can learn and do more things as they grow. Lions are stuck on crusted crap .. With noi chance to grow.

DT high on the list now with Brockers being terrible too. Need two DTs, Mike LB and probably a good backup since Barnes hasn't done anything, nickel CB, CB2, SS.

Buggs had 2 solid games but stinks at NT. Benito Jones stinks. Cominsky can come back and be 4th DT. And the FS is coming off an achilles injury though I guess Kerby Joseph can fill that but then need depth there since Ife keeps getting hurt.

And on offense just need a QB. Jameson replaces DJ Chark with Reynolds, St Brown and Hock/Swift. Probably get a new backup RB since Jamaal Williams a FA to be too. And RG if they cut Vaitai for cap space/he can't stay healthy.

Hilarious you say they need to cut Vaitai because he cant stay healthy but then say the Lions just need a #2 RB. Need a starting RB. Not just a #2. Swift is going to play 7-9 games a year. No reason to think his body can take any more than that. Not having a player in place that can keep the level of play up to starters standards would be insanity.

You can't build your offense around what Swift brings to the table and then have such a massive drop off in talent WHEN he gets injured. That would be a massive fail on Holmes' part.

Hilarious you say they need to cut Vaitai because he cant stay healthy but then say the Lions just need a #2 RB. Need a starting RB. Not just a #2. Swift is going to play 7-9 games a year. No reason to think his body can take any more than that. Not having a player in place that can keep the level of play up to starters standards would be insanity.

You can't build your offense around what Swift brings to the table and then have such a massive drop off in talent WHEN he gets injured. That would be a massive fail on Holmes' part.

Vaitai has a huge contract so not worth keeping with 2 injured years, cap space more valuable. Swift is on a cheap rookie deal still in 2023. The number 2 needs to be good enough to be the number 1 when Swift does go down and share the load. So there is a big difference. It's hilarious you didn't notice that.

I forgot to check, who won between the Lions and the bye?

Lions won the bye.

Packers, Bears, 49ers, Saints, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Dallas all lost making the NFC an open dumpster fire at wild card.

And time for Swift, St Brown, Chark, Paschal, Cominsky, Jerry Jacobs to heal up and contribute.

Lions won the bye.

Packers, Bears, 49ers, Saints, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Dallas all lost making the NFC an open dumpster fire at wild card.

And time for Swift, St Brown, Chark, Paschal, Cominsky, Jerry Jacobs to heal up and contribute.

U can?t be so delusional that u thin the lions have a shot at the wildcard, do you?

Back